Derby County v Middlesbrough

Hucknall Ram

Football League show still refuse to acknowledge our existence in the play-off hunt while still bigging up Leicesters

In fairness we were never in a playoff hunt..

But if they're trying to make out Leicester were then they're living in the same dreamland as those who thought we were..

When we were on 56 points with 6 games remaining we really did need to win 5 if not 6 to finish on 71-74, as by the looks of things 6th place will have over 71 anyway..

Hence why no-one outside of Derby (and the majority in Derby) knew that we didn't stand a chance anyway..

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of your more sensible posts bris, we are a mid table team, no more no less.

Successful season in some eyes, boring in mine.

we played like ***** for 90 minutes, Robinson cant play football and Middlesborough out sung us on every level. AND they scored a cracker...

Was I at a different game?

There was little in it apart from the goal - as you said a cracking goal.

They were the better side for the first 20 minutes but after that we settled and had our fair share of the play.

We created quite a few good openings but just lacked the quality to finish it off.

Savies had a shot just wide and Green really should have levelled it at the end.

we played like ***** for 90 minutes, Robinson cant play football and Middlesborough out sung us on every level. AND they scored a cracker...

Bit harsh that. We created enough decent opportunities to win it, but Robinson had one of those games where you wonder whether he knew what a football was, and Savies, Green and Tyson all missed gilt edged opportunities. Their goal was superb, but there was very little between the teams really.

Whilst Middlesborough looked better on the ball (Emnes was the best player on the pitch by some distance), we had the clearer chances. As usual, we suffered from a lack of composure when composure was most needed.

Do you mean we missed a natural goal scorer who gets 1 in 2 attempts maybe !

Andy Cole?

I wouldn't say a natural goalscorer has to score at that ratio. Just get in the right positions to get the chances in the first place. Our strikers never seem to gamble. When the ball drops in a scramble, rarely they are there to capatalise.

Fielding 8 - Almost perfect. Almost. Did the easy stuff well. 1 top save.

Naylor 7- tough opponents kept trying to drag him out of position.. Solid display.

Buxton 7- Two naive tackles nearly cost him... But was good in the air and on the floor

Shackell 8 - Solid as always. Tried to do midfield work by the end

Roberts 7 - always has his hands full v tall wingers. Compensates well

Bavies 4 - Spent most his time looking for free kicks and leaving runners

Hendrick. 5 - Good in small patches. Left Emnes and Mcdonald in acres. Wimp

Bryson 4 - tackle dodger. Decent on the ball in patches. Bad organisation with Hendrick. Wimp

Green. 5 - starts games too sloppy. He gets too narrow. Weak.

Robinson 6 - had to run miles to get the ball. Then wasted it. Off day.

Savies 7- didnt get much of the ball in good areas. Had to drop deep to help the powderpuff midfield.

Rams defence beat boros attack. Rams attack frightened boro defence.

Rams midfield exposed defence and didnt do enough to get goals.

Could of won or lost by 3/4. More often than not our midfield cant win their personal battles and cost us points.

Suprised they get injured

the midfield were cringeworthy today. We need 2 new CM's this summer. And an RW because Bavies was dire.

Im usually positive about Theo but he only had 1 good moment today and was pretty useless.

Oh and did any of you puffs in the West/North/North East stands see if Savies was offside when he scored?

On a happier note Emnes was brilliant all game and I wish Boro all the best. Results went there way today and their fans were great 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm not sure what people mean when they say we played well. Compared to what? Burton? Compared to Reading, Southampton, we were crap. Compared to Derby last season, then we played well. Today was crap. We have 11 players who don't seem to be able to complete a series of passes. Crap positioning. Crap running. No communication. No effort. Nobody looked like they wanted to win the game.

Fielding 8 - He's finally remembered that he doesn't have to kick the ball EVERY TIME HE GETS IT.

Naylor 7- Was a bit dodgy at times. Himself and green go back together to mark the same player, leaving another boro player free...AND THEY STILL DONT GET THE BALL.

Buxton 7- I think he made 2 mistakes. Otherwise very solid. Won every header, again.

Shackell 8 - Solid. Has learned that he'll achieve something by actually passing along the ground...this man cannot kick it long. Also the free kicks? Can't remember him taking one well.

Roberts 7 - Another consistent performance. Wish this guy was 10 years younger.

Bavies 6 - Usually I give him 5. But today he put some effort in and looked okay at what he did.

Hendrick - Not sure what he did today. Stayed close to a couple of players, but it wasn't hard for the boro players to get rid of him. Some good passes, but we've seen that when he puts effort in, he can be great. Today certainly wasn't one of those days.

Bryson 5 - Covered a bit of ground. Was okay on the ball, can't remember him tackling anybody...ever.

Green. 5 - He's either bothered by the contract issues of he just can't be arsed. I just don't see what he offered us today, and I don't expect him to still be here next season.

Robinson 3 - Wimp. Watched the ball. Can't time his jumps (worst I've ever seen). Doesn't go in for any headers. Indecisive, when he is decisive, he makes the wrong decision. Same as always. Wastes most of the balls he gets. He came close on one occasion and the fans are chanting his name. I don't get it. I'm just not a fan of him any more. 35 games, 9 goals?

Savies 7- Didn't get enough from the midfield. Tried, but had to drop back. Came close a couple of times, did as much as he could.

Our 2 disallowed goals were well offside though, not even close. Makes me laugh how people still celebrate even though the Lino has had his flag up for 10 seconds or so!

Frankie - 8 - Made some good saves, thought he could of done better with the goal but after seeing it again, no chance.

Naylor - 7 - Did ok, doesn't get much protection from Green.

Bucko - 7 - Solid enough, few dodgy bits but thankfully nothing came of them.

Shackell - 8 - Solid and classy, good blocks, great composure, good drive to take the ball out of defence. Surprised he gets stick for his long balls, they're pretty successful when Theo's on the end of them, just not not Bavies. His crossing is brill from that left back position, his ball in which eventually caught Theo by surprise was quality, did a similar one to Tyson on Monday who missed a sitter.

Roberts - 7 - Did what was needed, had a tough afternoon and coped ok.

Green - 5 - Doesn't deserve a better contract, he's really poor at the moment. Kills so many good breaks! Frustrating. Should of scored.

Hendrick - 6 - Shadow of the player I watched on Monday. Looked tired, unfit, on holiday, total passenger at times. I don't like his shots either, he's very reluctant to shoot anyway but when he does get the opportunity 9 times out of 10 he wants a dead ball to side foot. Smash it! Still young and learning, will benefit for the game time.

Bryson - 6 - Did some serious running but not strong enough in the tackle, didn't get in people's faces as much as he normally does. Gave his oppo so much time on the ball.

Bavies - 6 - Wasn't really in the game, did better when he comes central, not out wide.

Theo - 5 - Frustrating afternoon for him and the people watching him. Silly mistakes, bad touches, poor passing.. Looked a Sunday league player today unfortunately.

Savies - 6 - Huffed and puffed but not that effective, had a few decent chances where he should of scored. Has quality on the ball though.

Never got a grip in midfield today, we're so easy to counter against. Could of been a coupe of goals down early doors if it weren't for poor finishing. Surprising having seen Hendrick and Bryson dominate last week, both passengers today. We don't win enough second balls either. Even though we've looked ok in both positions recently today outlined how much we are crying out for a quality CM and CF.

How could you tell both goals were offside? Did you swap ends at half time like in the old days on the pooside?

I sincerely hope that's a typoo... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

(see what I did there) .. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I will be amazed if Theo's goal in the first half was offside. I was in line with it and i honestly thought Theo was a yard onside when the ball was crossed in to him.

If I'm wrong I'll blame it on the beer.

i was inline with it mate.he was offside by quite a bit.

I honestly dont know how robinson and ben davies were allowed to take part in the second half.They were terrible,especially robinson.The midfeld were non existant in large parts of the match.

The manager didnt do a great deal about it though again.He seemed to be happy to plod on for a bore draw as usual,until it was too late.

How could you tell both goals were offside? Did you swap ends at half time like in the old days on the pooside?

Theo's was fairly obvious to everyone I thought, easily 4/5 yards a stray, Clough went mental.

As for the other, I think it was Green who was the origional offside before it eventually found itself in the net, you could tell he was coming back from an offside position.

Archived