Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't see the logic in selling Shackell for any less than £3 million.

He's not worth that, nowhere near. But if he's in such demand, surely we should be in a position of strength? Other clubs seem to be able to take this hardened approach, it's about time we did too.

We could probably make 2-3 very good signings if that kind of money was reinvested back into the playing squad.

But let's face it, if teams are bidding over a million and "getting there" as Nigel put it and we've just made a significant loss on Maguire, it doesn't speak volumes for our ability to negotiate a good deal or inspire confidence that we are in a position where we don't need sell.

I get the feeling if anyone bids between £1.5-2 million, it'll be adios Shackell.

What must Shackell be thinking about this farce?

No wonder players have no loyalty and why should they when clubs and managers like ours treat them like this.

Promising signing this week followed by the N.C hounding of our best defender out!!

What must Shackell be thinking about this farce?

No wonder players have no loyalty and why should they when clubs and managers like ours treat them like this.

Promising signing this week followed by the N.C hounding of our best defender out!!

Shackell has moved clubs all his career - this situation is not new to him.

hounding him out? really?

Shackell has moved clubs all his career - this situation is not new to him.

hounding him out? really?

Maybe Shackell of sick of moving about and needs to settle at a club.

As for the hounding out don't you find it strange how 2 weeks ago everyday N.C in the telegraph talking about selling relentlessly.

Last week Glick saying he's going nowhere now NC wants to sell again.

This is not normal!!

I'd guess the asking price is about £2 million.

With that he'll buy a CB from league 1 I gues for £800,000, and the rest on a good striker.

Be a dream come true if Clough reckons that Colchester CB on a free is good enough and with that £2 million we could get him, a new striker and a left back.

Maybe Shackell of sick of moving about and needs to settle at a club.

As for the hounding out don't you find it strange how 2 weeks ago everyday N.C in the telegraph talking about selling relentlessly.

Last week Glick saying he's going nowhere now NC wants to sell again.

This is not normal!!

no - i think you've got your knickers in a twist

we don't want to sell our best players

we want to improve the squad

we might have to sell to get some different players

some teams want to buy some of our players

shackell is not being hounded out.

he might get sold though.

no - i think you've got your knickers in a twist

we don't want to sell our best players

we want to improve the squad

we might have to sell to get some different players

some teams want to buy some of our players

shackell is not being hounded out.

he might get sold though.

I hope we don't finish lower than last season

if you read the article it looks to me clough is being realistic.

he says "he need to know if were selling shack or not as theres only 8 wks till kick off" that doesnt sound like clough hounding him out to me it sounds like he doesnt have much control over it and just wants to know whats happening

me too

(NC must think he can get better more the shackell money - he might be right)

Only time will tell i suppose.

Just can't believe we are even contemplating selling shacks.

We only really need a new centre forward and the money we get from Davies can pay for that.

Fullback cover can be loans, wasn't jack Robinson mentioned?

Can't see anything other than NC replying to inane questions that he cannot possibly answer publically like "how much would you sell for".....its close season journalism desperate for a hint of a story.

He's damned if he says nowt and damned if he speaks the bleedin obvious....

How I'm reading it is Nigel doesn't want to sell him but if a bid comes in that the board considers good business he'll be sold.

This is the reality of how we'll be running things from now on, once a player has a decent season and a few clubs take notice they'll be sold if a profit can be made, simple economics. The board do not take footballing matters into account...

How I'm reading it is Nigel doesn't want to sell him but if a bid comes in that the board considers good business he'll be sold.

This is the reality of how we'll be running things from now on, once a player has a decent season and a few clubs take notice they'll be sold if a profit can be made, simple economics. The board do not take footballing matters into account...

I'm a bit bemused on how you come to that conclusion.

I have no doubt that if Shackell is sold it will have been down to Clough and only Clough. The board give him his budget, and he decides who to keep, who to get rid of, who to buy.

This is what everyone at the club appears to say. This is how it appears from what we see happen. I've never even heard "internet rumours" of the club forcing Clough into particular decisions. I'm sure NC would not take that and would be off immediately.

So... Why do you think the opposite?

It will be a bad, bad day if/when we sell Shackell, almost a known quantity and we know how he will perform. It seems like a big gamble to me, because with Barker out and so many young centre halves, if we don't bring anyone in as good, with the same sort of experience then we will obviously feel the brunt of it within the results over the season.

Not irreplaceable and i'm sure there are better centre halves out there but he is very consistent and a known quality!

Archived