Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

Charlton

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Jason-Shackell-bids-rebuffed-Derby-County-value/story-16438927-detail/story.html

TOM Glick says Derby County have now turned down four bids from three different clubs for defender Jason Shackell.

It is thought that [url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Jason-Shackell-bids-rebuffed-Derby-County-value/story-16438927-detail/story.html#][size=1]Championship[/size] trio Burnley, Cardiff City and Charlton Athletic have all made offers for the centre-back.

1. http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/images/localpeople/ugc-images/275778/Article/images/16438927/3904257
    Jason Shackell

And although the highest bid is believed to be in excess of £1m, nobody has yet met Derby's valuation.

Shackell, who was ever-present in his first season at Pride Park and captained the side in the absence of injured [url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Jason-Shackell-bids-rebuffed-Derby-County-value/story-16438927-detail/story.html#][size=1]skipper[/size] Shaun Barker, has also attracted interest from other clubs, including Leicester City.

Rams boss Nigel Clough has said he may consider selling the 28-year-old at the right price, if it would allow him to bring in a replacement and have cash left to strengthen in other areas.

But chief executive Glick stressed that Shackell remains a key [url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Jason-Shackell-bids-rebuffed-Derby-County-value/story-16438927-detail/story.html#][size=1]player[/size] for the club and that he expects the former Barnsley man still to be at Derby come the start of the new season.

"We've turned down four bids from three different clubs on Jason at this point," said Glick.

"Simply put, Jason is an essential player for us. He played every minute of every game and it's no surprise we've had interest in him, from more than those three clubs, too.

"He's a top player in the Championship and a leader for us, so it would take a lot to pry him away from Derby.

"I expect him to be with us for the start of the season."

Barker will miss the whole of the 2012-13 campaign as he recovers from a serious knee injury.

Other current central defensive options include Jake Buxton, Mark O'Brien – who hopes to be fit for the start of the season following a long-term knee injury – and Tom Naylor, while full-back John Brayford can also provide cover in that position.

Meanwhile, Glick confirmed there had also been interest in all of the [url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Jason-Shackell-bids-rebuffed-Derby-County-value/story-16438927-detail/story.html#][size=1]players[/size] remaining who have been made available for transfer this summer.

Derby are willing to listen to offers for midfielder James Bailey, winger Lee Croft and defender Miles Addison, plus [url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Jason-Shackell-bids-rebuffed-Derby-County-value/story-16438927-detail/story.html#][size=1]striker[/size] Steve Davies, who has turned down the offer of a new contract and has only 12 months left to run on his current deal.

Ipswich Town, managed by former Rams boss Paul Jewell, are one of the clubs keen on Davies.

"Obviously, we've made an offer to Steven and he's elected not to take up that contract offer, so both parties are clearly open to a move under the right circumstances," said Glick.

"We've had a couple of clubs interested in Steven already, so we'll see.

"But I think the direction of travel on that right now is positive. Then again, it's still very early in the summer."

Bournemouth want to recruit Addison following his loan spell with the League One club last season.

"There's been public discussion about him from Bournemouth and we've also had interest from within our division," said Glick.

"I would characterise the level of interest in Miles to be very good at the moment."

On Bailey and Croft, he added: "We've had discussions with clubs about both.

"It's probably too early to predict how quickly something might happen but we feel good about the level of interest in them right now."

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough and Glick are both saying that we don't need to sell players

Both have said they want him to stop

Both have said it depends on the bid (not that is business)

People on here are talking about 1.8 million and 2 million bids being excepted. I should imagine with certain clubs that must already be in the region of that price. I think they will hold out for 3-4 million like Hulse. It is more than he is worth but the money would buy 2-4 championship quality players which is at the end of the day what business is about.

Surely these people on here playing Championship Manager buys and sells players and have some tough decisions to make on who to keep or let go and wages etc. That is only a fraction of what real managers deal with. Shackell has not gone, there is no reason for him to go so if clubs want him stump up or F**K off

we aren't going to sell him, the asking price is around 4million as far as i'm aware, and that he is not worth that although Matt Mills was £5million, so god knows, but it is to detract bids, offers will come in, but will be rejected

we aren't going to sell him, the asking price is around 4million as far as i'm aware, and that he is not worth that although Matt Mills was £5million, so god knows, but it is to detract bids, offers will come in, but will be rejected

4 million ,, you do know this is Derby County right ??? , 2 mil max and he will be gone

I think anything over a million would have been accepted if we were towards the end of the window. The fact that it's only the end of June means the club can hold out to see how much they can gain for him.

I'm gutted as I can't see how we will keep progressing if we're prepared to let any player go for the sake of profit but I think that's where we are

Do you have a bit of inside information jezram?

Why are people adamant that we are going to sell him?

We have rejected 4 bids

When have we ever rejected a bid for a player......? Sold Commons for £400k

At no point have they said are they looking at selling him, but were honest and said if silly money comes in then they would look at it. £2million is not silly money.

they just make me laugh like one person put derby are in for portsmouths joel ward (signed for palace 3 weeks ago) and coventry to cash in on alex nimely (good luck to em, may be tricky as he actually plays for man city) ridiculos.

Archived