DCFC Accounts....

G STAR RAM

Ramblur - my last post wasn't meaning to imply Academy investment is the reason for high admin costs.

I was typing too fast. I meant to agree costs were high and then make a separate point about counting on the academy to provide players, or to provide a source of income through sales

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ramblur - my last post wasn't meaning to imply Academy investment is the reason for high admin costs.

I was typing too fast. I meant to agree costs were high and then make a separate point about counting on the academy to provide players, or to provide a source of income through sales

Ok,get you.We're in trouble though if Hughes and co resist signing.Don't like the delay so far.

Dont get this Academy thing because everybody is forgetting about the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) which comes into effect next season which will basically allow Premier Clubs to allegedly take Academy players for set fees . PS Which tier will Derbys Academy be in?

only at the end of their contracts.

I think that with the success we have in terms of youth England players in loads of age groups we might be in the top categories

Thanks for that .

QUESTION Are the Rams in a healthy financial state or not and how is the Plaza going to be financed . Is it totally seperate from other club finances.

Not had a look at the accounts yet to be honest, digesting other peoples interpretations of them first! From what has been said it would appear that we are in a quite healthy state, assuming this loan is not called in.

Have no clue about the Plaza and it does not appear that it is mentioned in the accounts. I would hope that it would be self financing but that is pure speculation.

My take on this is that we are unlikely to make a profit, or break even, in the Championship. The way for a club of our size (i.e. one of the biggest 20 clubs in the country, at least in terms of fan base and facilities) to make a profit or break even is to get into the Premier League. The alarming change of parachute payment the previous year versus no parachute payment last year demonstrates this.

If this board continues to rely on the excellent work of the football side of the club under Clough, while constantly downsizing, I suspect we are more likely to get relegated than promoted.

I think financial fair play will mean nothing like what Glick is insinuating, i.e. other clubs will have to reduce their spending. Ex Premier League clubs won't, they'll have more than ever. Clubs funded by investment from owners will get round it - football will not turn it's back on outside investment.

We are currently in a vicious circle. Reduce the football budget, reduce the ability for us to compete, reduce attendances, reduce other income connected to fans and sponsors.

What we need is a reason to get excited. Sensible investment over the last two seasons, while we have flirted with competing near the top of the Championship, would have gone a long way. More fans, more sponsorship, etc. We may even have gone up.

I suspect the Championship will become harder to compete in going forward.

As for the owners / board, I don't trust them at all. They have only one interest and that is money. Most of them aren't even here. When they have gone, and I know I will be around as a fan much longer than they will as owners, they will quickly forget about DCFC. They have managed to convince some fans with lies and spin. If anyone wants to take over the club now they will need to pay the current owners an awful lot of money. They are developing around our stadium for their own gain. They are getting paid salaries! They are lording it around English football in high level meetings on our name. They have company cars. They are collecting consultancy and admin fees. I ask our intelligent and loyal fanbase (of which there are many on here) to please wake up and smell the coffee.

How have they got away with this? Because Clough and the football side of the business have delievered results. Lower budgets but improving 1st team performances, possibility of the academy delivering stars.

When last season went wrong after a great Sept - Nov we had protests. The board got scared. They promised signings. They promised top 6. They extended the season ticket renewal date. They promised season ticket refunds (but only before a ball was kicked!).

Now they feel comfortable. Clough has done well with a tiny budget. The academy. Financial fair play. Developing the squad. The owners have got Derby's back! Spin. Lies.

I say arise intelligent Rams fans. Glick no more. Appleby no more. GSE no more. Doyle no more. Americans out. Board out.

Yes it is. It's small beans to them and they will expect a healthy return. It's not a charity donation!

Why should they earn off us, while doing a terrible job and only being in it for their own gain?

Well tell everyone about your consortium of businessmen who can match that level of investment without wanting any personal gain (not sure what 'healthy returns or gains' you are referring to by the way) and we as fans will have them in the boardroom before the end of the season.

Why should they earn off us? Who exactly are you talking about here?

As for the owners / board, I don't trust them at all.

Really? I had you pegged as pro-board.

They have only one interest and that is money.

Wow, investors looking to make money in a business. How outrageous.

When they have gone, and I know I will be around as a fan much longer than they will as owners, they will quickly forget about DCFC.

Unlike most football club owners? Or pretty much like most of them?

If anyone wants to take over the club now they will need to pay the current owners an awful lot of money.

Would that be because of the amount of money the've spent to date?

They are developing around our stadium for their own gain.

Why on earth would they want to invest money and make a profit out of it? What are these investor people doing?

They are getting paid salaries!

The audacity of some people! Working and being paid, what an insult!

They have company cars.

My god, these people are outrageous, aren't they?

wake up and smell the coffee.

Please don't use that phrase, it annoys the hell out of me.

I say arise intelligent Rams fans. Glick no more. Appleby no more. GSE no more. Doyle no more.

What's so wrong with Conor Doyle that he warrants that?

Americans out. Board out.

Got anyone lined up to come in with a spare £50m to throw around? No? Or shall we just expect the investors to walk off without getting any of their investment back?

Football is broken. The current owners don't have the money/inclination to spend the money to do the things you expect them to do. We're not going down, we're not going up. Football needs a revolution from the grass roots, and Sky need to do one.

ooohhhh Gboro.......... you're so manly when you get angry........ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Good points tho mate. Unless a (Black &) White Knight comes forward, we are where we are, (a saying thats worse than smell the coffee) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Nah, not angry - just tired of the same old arguments. It's easy to call for more spending, but I can see it's not going to happen.

It's easy to call for a new set of owners, but in reality it's a big throw of the dice.

I'm not over-impressed with Clough but in all reality he's a good fit with the current board if the goal is to continue maintaining a mid-table standard.

This isn't about having the answers as to who the next board are going to be. This is about creating the environment that will encourage such people to come forward. If potential investors are out there they will only come forward if they know the fans and sponsors are open to it.

This isn't about having the answers as to who the next board are going to be. This is about creating the environment that will encourage such people to come forward. If potential investors are out there they will only come forward if they know the fans and sponsors are open to it.

There's enough dodgy people around prepared to suck football's debt machinery for all it's worth. I'd be wary about creating a vacuum if there's not a clear idea who might step into it.

It's not about calling for more spending. It's about sensible spending at the right time. The right spending at the right time can bring a virtuous circle rather than the current downsizing.

It's clearly calling for more spending than is going to happen though.

Archived