DCFC Accounts....

G STAR RAM

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I am undecided about GSE but if we are resorting to actually complaining that watching a match is too cheap for certain people then we are losing sight of the problem. The problem is simply that average players are getting paid way too much money and until that is properly addressed the flans will be fleeced and the majority of clubs will run at a loss.

FFP is a good start towards reducing wages as if clubs spend less on wages the players have no alternative but to accept less because very few English Championship players are good enough to play abroadand get more money.

I still reiterate six pounds a game is very low, particularly when you look at the cheapest advance ticket concessions being £15.50, and the cheapest pay on the day concessions being £17.50, £6 pounds a game season tickets, that is some discount.

I'm pretty sure these accounts still include the wages of Savage, Pearson, Leacock, Bywater, Varney, Cywka, Anderson and Martin? I'm sure they account for about $1.5mill alone.

Next years account will include the likes of Croft, Addison, Green (who I expect to go) so we'll save a few pennies there..

But still a $7mill loss.. How do we change this without being in the PL? Is it impossible for a football club to break even/make profits from outside the PL?

I'm pretty sure these accounts still include the wages of Savage, Pearson, Leacock, Bywater, Varney, Cywka, Anderson and Martin? I'm sure they account for about $1.5mill alone.

Next years account will include the likes of Croft, Addison, Green (who I expect to go) so we'll save a few pennies there..

But still a $7mill loss.. How do we change this without being in the PL? Is it impossible for a football club to break even/make profits from outside the PL?

From a cash flow perspective I think we are getting closer and closer to break even, not sure until I can access the accounts though

I believe Swansea were, until they spent a few million in their promotion season.

I remember reading that they were breaking even untill they spent I believe it was around 4ml in the promotion season

Buying players does not immediately affect profit, as any signing on fees are spread across the length of the players contract.

Just underlines the critical importance of the academy and the whole youth infrastructure at the club.

Thank God it's been addressed and we have talent coming off the production line again.

Football, at least at our level and below, seems to be going back to where it once used to be, with clubs nurturing local talent which would then become the club's lifeblood and backbone. Not necessarily a bad thing, providing the bigger clubs can be prevented from just coming along and pinching them for peanuts.

Just underlines the critical importance of the academy and the whole youth infrastructure at the club.

Thank God it's been addressed and we have talent coming off the production line again.

Football, at least at our level and below, seems to be going back to where it once used to be, with clubs nurturing local talent which would then become the club's lifeblood and backbone. Not necessarily a bad thing, providing the bigger clubs can be prevented from just coming along and pinching them for peanuts.

The wheels start coming off the 'model' if that starts happening,Staffie.Does anyone know if Hughes and the others have signed yet?

Haven't heard anything either way on that one.

Agree completely with your point though - if the Premier League clubs are allowed to ruin that model then they're effectively ruining football at anything other than Premier League level, which absolutely can not be allowed to happen.

I remember reading that they were breaking even untill they spent I believe it was around 4ml in the promotion season

Looking at the figures in the squad list on wikkipedia for the promotion squad the total spent on it was just over £4m but not all last season the squad was started being put toegether in 2008. I slow build if ever I saw one.

Haven't heard anything either way on that one.

Agree completely with your point though - if the Premier League clubs are allowed to ruin that model then they're effectively ruining football at anything other than Premier League level, which absolutely can not be allowed to happen.

The Premier League, with the help of Sky and FIFA, have already ruined the game as we once knew it.

Looking at the figures in the squad list on wikkipedia for the promotion squad the total spent on it was just over £4m but not all last season the squad was started being put toegether in 2008. I slow build if ever I saw one.

I think in the season before promotion they only lost 250k.

Archived