DCFC Accounts....

G STAR RAM

Thanks for that.I suppose what it means is that if your post is shown as "posted 8 minutes ago" (or less),you've got a chance.If it shows "9 mins",however,you might have 1 second or 60 seconds to complete the edit.

If, on the rare occasion, I am writing a long post, I do it in word (other WPP available) first - mainly because my spelling is awful, due to the over reliance of spell checking software, and I can edit it if I wander off point.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very clever,curtains,I see you're starting to get the hang of it all.

The equity position is quite interesting.As at 30/6/11 net assets stood at £21.001m,compared to the 'fair value' figure of £34.434m given on takeover.So despite capital injections of c £14.3m (subsequent loan capital is neutral) and the receipt of 2 substantial chute payments,the figure has fallen dramatically,and may well fall below £15m this year.

In fairness I should point out that the takeover figure includes players' regs with a written down book value of £20.565m-out of this group we only received cash for Miller,Earnshaw,Jones,Fagan,Mears and Tito (from memory),so you could reduce the fair value of net assets accordingly (strip out the £20m and replace with the value of sales).

Written down value of players' regs as at 30/6/11 was £2.636m.This is likely to feature Barker,Buxton,Bailey,Brayford,Martin,Bavies and anyone bought for 11/12 who crept into the 10/11 accounts (can't be that much though,because £2.4m is indicated in PBSE for 11/12).You could therefore argue that the value of players is understated for 10/11.

As an aside,for anyone who studies the accounts of the whole group and can't understand why the loss in the consolidated accounts is less than that shown in the DCFC accounts,the reason is down to the write out of negative goodwill (which has the effect of increasing profit/reducing loss,as opposed to the write down of goodwill,which has the opposite effect).

Thus,if you take the DCFC loss of £7.679m and deduct write down of £1.844m of negative goodwill,you arrive at the £5.835m loss shown in the GS Derby UK Ltd consolidated accounts.

Apologies for resurrecting this thread,as I honestly thought I'd finished with it.Having read a thread re FFP on another forum,which featured the fact that youth development would be excluded from FFP calculations,it got me thinking about Academy implications in respect of my above post.

As substantial sums will have been spent on the Academy during our owners' tenure,this would have had a drag on net assets because,whereas the Academy expenditure represents a drain on the asset of cash(and impacts negatively on the balance sheet),there's no counterbalance in the form of a reflection of the potential assets being created in our youth set up (such value would only become apparent in the accounts as and when any such players were sold).

Therefore,to get a fairer impression of movements in net assets you'd have to assess the difference between the potential value of (unrecorded) assets now,as opposed to the value of such inherited assets.An impossible job,but I think most would acknowledge that the difference could be substantial and may well have a favourable future impact on the balance sheet.

I suppose the best way of looking at Academy expenditure would be to classify it as the advance payment of 'transfer fees'.Of course it also means that there's no such thing as a 'free' Academy product.

Ramblur do you think that if you put 2 and 2 together particularly as Green has gone and have no idea what the offer was to him we will be spending much at all closed season with the Rams finances as they are. For me we seem th have a massive back room team ie Simon Clough. Andy Garner. Micky Forsyth. Darren Wassall. Gary Crosby.

Johnny Metgod. Martin Taylor.

Etc

Surely we need to trim that.

Don't particularly see that as a massive back room team,curtains (Wassall is Academy,of course).I could think of other areas to trim back on.Clough stated a while back that he had a little money to spend,but that any bigger signings would have to be subsidised by outgoing transfers.Glick seemed to be saying little different in a RD interview around the same time.

I noticed in the latest Q&A thread that we were "looking" to bring in 4 players,but of course this could depend on outgoings.Just words,until they become actions.I also notice Glick was supposed to have said that if Nigel identified a striker they would back him with money-but does this money have to come from a sale?.Seem to remember Glick has been saying this for nearly 2 years-again more words not yet converted into actions.

I believe they mentioned the potential outgoings as Maguire, Addison, Croft etc.

As we have seen before though, it depends on a, somebody coming in for the player, and b, the player's willingness to take a potential drop in wages for the sake of getting regular games.

Not very encouraging tbh.

• 8 months later...

i got a bollocking for bringing a long dead, dead thread back from the dead..

now this !!

They were talking about accounts in another thread, you just bumped a random thread about a dead fan, kinda different now behave or your likes will get a reset

Archived