DCFC Accounts....

G STAR RAM

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, not angry - just tired of the same old arguments. It's easy to call for more spending, but I can see it's not going to happen.

It's easy to call for a new set of owners, but in reality it's a big throw of the dice.

I'm not over-impressed with Clough but in all reality he's a good fit with the current board if the goal is to continue maintaining a mid-table standard.

Clough seems to be a bit unforgiving to certain players who have annoyed him and he is still learning, no doubt about that, but the more you read Ramblurs take on the accounts it is apparent that Clough is probably doing a job that very few other managers out there could do.

I really think Glick & co believe that somehow, Clough will gain promotion while balancing the books. If he does he'll deserve a statue!

It doesn't mean the current owners would be replaced by dodgy people. Not rating the current owners makes me unconcerned anyway!

Doesn't mean they would - it means they could. And believe me, I'm sure Portsmouth and Rangers would like to go back in time and swap us owners (and a few more teams too)

This isn't about having the answers as to who the next board are going to be. This is about creating the environment that will encourage such people to come forward. If potential investors are out there they will only come forward if they know the fans and sponsors are open to it.

Hounding out people who have invested £28million will not create an attractive environment for new investors.

I don't know of any sponsors that are in the business for anything other than personal gain...something that you are supposedly opposed to.

I have no issue with personal gain as long as you care as well. Football isn't just a business.

I'm afraid on the whole that statement is incorrect.

If football was not a business we would not have Sky TV making us play games every day of the week.

Archived