Riggott on the phone in

-JW-

Just heard him on RD, only caught the back end of it but he said that the reason he left the club was because of a big fall out with Clough. Anybody hear what he said in full?

Not a Clough bashing thread just thought some of you might want to know.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has now left Burton Albion too, his ongoing back problem impeded his progress, was asked to self-fund his treatment by the club so elected to leave and stop playing.

He is not sure he wants to stay in football (does not have any badges)...'options open'.

I don't think it was too clear why his contract was cancelled at Derby, I thought his fitness (or lack of it) had inhibited Clough from trying him out at Championship level.

From Riggott's comments today it didn't seem altogether a hostile departure from PPS

Chris sounded a little cagey as to why...although he sounded like that when asked why he left Burton as well. I think Clough felt uneasy about putting him in the team with his injury problems. In a 16 man team, that place could go to a player with better levels of fitness, I guess. Wasn't clear as to the precise reasons why he left though, so I won't speculate further.

Chris sounded a little cagey as to why...although he sounded like that when asked why he left Burton as well. I think Clough felt uneasy about putting him in the team with his injury problems. In a 16 man team, that place could go to a player with better levels of fitness, I guess. Wasn't clear as to the precise reasons why he left though, so I won't speculate further.

Probably cagey as he doesn't want to give too much away, especially if he wants to stay in football. Good luck Chris.

Just heard him on RD, only caught the back end of it but he said that the reason he left the club was because of a big fall out with Clough. Anybody hear what he said in full?

Didn't hear him say that, and I heard all of it, although to be fair he was very reluctant to say exactly what happened.

My impression was that Riggott thought he was doing OK and pushing for a place having played a few reserve games, but then Clough wouldn't keep him on.

Correct decision really, given that he couldn't get in at Burton either.

It's all a bit symptomatic of DCFC's low-cost squad policy, taking the rehabs and misfits and improvers with uneven consequences.

The fall-out such as Anderson, Riggott, Carroll, Noble, and numerous others (including assorted loanees) that haven't ultimately become part of the squad-building that we're supposed to be witnessing give a bit of hope and a lot of disappointment.

Not sure we *really* have more than half a team of definite starters in the whole squad even now.

The squad is screaming out for higher-level player recruitment from home and abroad....but we are unlikely to get it, are we?

Sounds to me like you need a hearing test....I said IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU NEED A HEARING TEST!

Didn't hear him say that, and I heard all of it, although to be fair he was very reluctant to say exactly what happened.

My impression was that Riggott thought he was doing OK and pushing for a place having played a few reserve games, but then Clough wouldn't keep him on.

Correct decision really, given that he couldn't get in at Burton either.

Think you may have missed out the recurrence of the problem after the reserve games.I guess there's only so long you can let something rumble on before making a decision,especially with something like a back problem.Failed gamble.

The fall-out such as Anderson, Riggott, Carroll, Noble, and numerous others (including assorted loanees) that haven't ultimately become part of the squad-building that we're supposed to be witnessing give a bit of hope and a lot of disappointment.

Not a NC fan, but I haven't heard anything about fall outs with these two.

The only rumour I've heard about Carroll was that myth which forced us to start him every game when fit!

Riggs had to pack in so his back is ready for the tuesday night football with us. I can't see him playing again but wouldnt be surprised to here him in media, (he hasnt said that) as he is quite well spoken and intelligent for a footballer.

RD could do with a new commentator...

Archived