Riggott on the phone in

-JW-

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always liked Riggott, but he was back up for Barker and Shackell, and just now one of thems got injured and obviously he's gone, so his chances were very limited. He's earnt some £££ out of the game, and i'm sure he'd get a job as a coach at a team somewhere to keep him occupied. Thanks for the memories Chris

"left under a little bit of a cloud"

"Nothings come out to the reasons why I left or anything that happened, nothings been said by the club"

"I've kept quiet really"

"there was an exchange of words (with the manager) and then a day later I was no longer a Derby player"

Asked: Can you tell us what was said?

"No...i don't want to go into too much detail, but out of respect for the club and as a Derby fan I think it's important for the public to know it didn't end particularly great for me, but at the same time I wonna keep my dignity really"

Yeah guys, sound like he like he left happily...

Here's something that the Clough out brigade will like:

Colin Gibson asking about being outsiders for the playoffs.

Clough: "We must be very very much an outsider then when you look at the teams that are still above us. We've had a great run but just a few weeks ago we couldn't score a goal and couldn't win a game. And now all of a sudden we're outsiders for the playoffs and we've said all along, we're not bottom 6, we're not top 6, we're about somewhere in between and I just hope we can get a few more points on the board, finish the season on a reasonable high, and its been one of improvement."

Caller is asked for his view..."I think I'll go away and slash my wrists. I think that's so depressing and so negative...c'mon, gee the lads up, get em going, get it in their heads that we can make the playoffs

Bloomfield: "Does he say that in the dressing room aswel Chris?"

Chris Riggott: (jokes) "He's a totally different fella, haha, no, that's a bit soft".

Bloomfield: "So he says that to the media, does he say that to the players aswel?"

Chris Riggott: "To be honest with you, yeah. I don't know what he's said in the last few weeks because obviously I left before Christmas. But yano, I agree with the caller, I mean it's not what you want to hear when you're driving along in your car on the way to work, it's not exactly inspiring."

-

I'm beginning to wonder what the f*ck is happening at Derby.

What's happening is he is managing expectations- we are not going to get in the playoffs, we are nowhere near the playoffs- we don't want the playoffs! We have improved on last season, that is good. If he did come out and say that we were going for the playoffs he would be laughed at and then when we failed (as we surely would) he would feel the wrath of the fans.

What's happening is he is managing expectations- we are not going to get in the playoffs, we are nowhere near the playoffs- we don't want the playoffs! We have improved on last season, that is good. If he did come out and say that we were going for the playoffs he would be laughed at and then when we failed (as we surely would) he would feel the wrath of the fans.

My post was about how depressing/uninspiring Clough is in the dressing room.

The players aren't stupid. They know that we don't have a hope of making the play offs- what Clough should, and probably is, saying is- "well done lads, we have bettered last years total, the fans are with us, we believe in you. Enjoy the rest of the season, relax and show us what you can do. We ain't going up, we ain't going down lets entertain the fans, finish on a high and go again next season."

Managing expectations. Not getting to carried away with ourselves. Believing we can do something that is currently out of reach. Becoming disappointed and depressed, losing confidence when we fail.

This is a new (have I ever said they're the 2nd youngest squad in the division) fresh team, give em a chance.

That includes Nigel Clough, he's doing a great job as manager. That's what you want to hear, specially when you haven't thrown money at it and are bringing through youth.

Riggot just sounds like he's got a chip on his shoulder, he was given a chance, probably more of a chance just for the fact he's from Derbyshire. Guy should show some respect and decency, stop riling up the support.

Managing expectations. Not getting to carried away with ourselves. Believing we can do something that is currently out of reach. Becoming disappointed and depressed, losing confidence when we fail.

Agreed. Yes, we should get as many points as possible from the remaining games, but he's just keeping the lads grounded, filling their heads with promises of the play-offs will only be to their detriment if they don't get there. Dougie Freedman is saying a similar thing with Palace. Besides, they aren't just going to pack in for the season when we reach 60 points.

Archived