Riggott on the phone in

-JW-

Players leave clubs, players retire, some are bitter about it, some accept it.

I think NC would have played Riggs at the first chance he was sure that he could complete 90 mins in a Championship game. Imagine the fans reaction of him running out onto PP? That would have the effect of being given a 1 goal head start imho.

Riggs didn't get to the level, and maybe he is bitter about the whole thing, not just NC.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet if you don't aim for the play offs you will never achieve it. Are we good enough no but to over achieve you after to aim higher. Why is he bitter? Again you dont know what has gone on yet cloughie can't be wrong.

If he wasn't bitter he wouldn't be talking about it on the radio. I'm not saying that Cloughie can't be wrong- I am saying that he should suck it up and get on his life. We tried to help out, paid towards expensive medical care when no other club was interested but he couldn't make the grade. It is a shame but there is no need to snipe at the club that gave him his chance in the beginning and was willing take a risk on getting him playing again. Bitter man.

He also said that he though Chris Maguire looked good in training and for some reason the manager had never given him a chance. Clough out.

Once again, it is not his place to comment- you are not part of Derby County anymore Chris, it is a shame but don't leave a bitter taste behind at the club where a lot of people hold you in very high regard.

If he wasn't bitter he wouldn't be talking about it on the radio. I'm not saying that Cloughie can't be wrong- I am saying that he should suck it up and get on his life. We tried to help out, paid towards expensive medical care when no other club was interested but he couldn't make the grade. It is a shame but there is no need to snipe at the club that gave him his chance in the beginning and was willing take a risk on getting him playing again. Bitter man.

He didn't just ring up and talk about it he was asked the question so answered. Why dows that make him a bitter man? The club didn't help out as they were nice, they hoped to get a player of a certain level cheaper as he has been out injured. If he was bitter he would maybe talk about things more behind the scenes but said he wouldn't.

He didn't just ring up and talk about it he was asked the question so answered. Why dows that make him a bitter man? The club didn't help out as they were nice, they hoped to get a player of a certain level cheaper as he has been out injured. If he was bitter he would maybe talk about things more behind the scenes but said he wouldn't.

He shouldn't have spoken about it at all. The fact is that we took a risk and paid towards his hopeful recovery when no-one else would. It didn't work and I feel sorry for him but to suggest wrongdoing on the radio is not on.

Maybe he should get some coaching badges and management experience first, then sort out that chip on his shoulder eh?

Are we talking about Clough here?

Clough has a coaching badge and 12 years experience in football management, so no, we are not

You are not allowed to manage without a coaching badge. Hell, I had to go on a week long course to be able to to help out at a local U12's team.

There are many reasons to moan about Clough without people making stuff up like a lack of coaching badges.

Didn't sound bitter at all to me, and clearly felt awkward answering the questions because of his respect for the club. It sounded to me like him and Clough did fall out and the next day he was out the door, he didn't say what and why they fell out and didn't badmouth Clough. On the issue of Chris Maguire, he was again asked what had happened there, and said he couldn't understand it. How is this not his place to talk? He only answered the question he was asked. I think we have all been mystified by the omission of Maguire for most of the season, but have said we're not there in training so can't really comment. Now that someone who was there is asked the question, they shouldn't answer?

Surely if he was bitter, he had the platform to really get stuck in to Clough, but seemed more just disappointed with the way things had turned out and reluctant to say how he felt about the manager.

I think you will find he is unqualified to manage in the prem but is doing his badge and the Crosby and garner are very under qualified currently. Metgood has all all his

Thank you for explaining my point. I thought he also lacked the badges to technically manage in the championship? But cheers to others for pointing out the obvious....

He has the UEFA B licence.

The restrictions have recently changed to make it required to have the next step up, the UEFA A licence.

This is due to the fact that many coaches who gave the FA many thousands of pounds to obtain the UEFA A licence feel it is unfair that managers are chosen on experience rather than what qualification they have, so the rules were changed. So people would still keep paying the FA and other training bodies, for this course.

Our last fully trained manager was... wait for it Phil Brown.

The players aren't stupid. They know that we don't have a hope of making the play offs- what Clough should, and probably is, saying is- "well done lads, we have bettered last years total, the fans are with us, we believe in you. Enjoy the rest of the season, relax and show us what you can do. We ain't going up, we ain't going down lets entertain the fans, finish on a high and go again next season."

Thank f**k you weren't giving the pep talks at Rorkes's Drift or the Battle of Agincourt. Aim for the impossible, there is no shame in coming up short and who knows you may one day just make history. Its called inspiring people.

He has the UEFA B licence.

The restrictions have recently changed to make it required to have the next step up, the UEFA A licence.

This is due to the fact that many coaches who gave the FA many thousands of pounds to obtain the UEFA A licence feel it is unfair that managers are chosen on experience rather than what qualification they have, so the rules were changed. So people would still keep paying the FA and other training bodies, for this course.

Our last fully trained manager was... wait for it Phil Brown.

I'm pretty sure little billy and jewell had there badgea

Absolute balderdash Hoggy old fruit. Riggott said no such thing, he said he is completely different to that in the dressing room. How can he get the players to work as hard as they do without inspiring them in some way.

I'm pretty sure little billy and jewell had there badgea

Jewell and Davies were awarded a diploma for attending the course. Not the full qualification. When the course was considered as compulsary, league managers were offered the opportunity to have a basic introductory diploma in the place of the full UEFA A Licence. Managers that had over 10 years league managerial experience were awarded a diploma as well, to avoid the FA teaching people such as Alex Ferguson and Terry Venables how to manage, who also did not have the qualification.

Phil Brown was the last Derby manager to fully earn it. Chris Hutchings did too, though he was merely our caretaker.

Archived