Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've seen this season, baring in mind that I am not talent scout... but these are players that have impressed me when we've came up against them, and I assume these are attainable... although I don't quite know.

For our centre midfield problems, the few names that stick out to me...

Chris McCann

Keith Southern

John Eustace

Adlene Guedioura

Darren Ambrose

Gary Deegan

I'd love Darren Ambrose, but not very physical, but isn't scared of having a pop from 25-30 yards out, which we haven't done enough this season.

Mentioned it before, Sean Scannell on the right wing I think would be an excellent acquisition, him and Ward on either wing would be frightening! Then use Ben Davies as a squad player, which I think despite his recent performances is where he belongs, along with Tyson.

Fielding, Brayford, O'Brien (or Buxton), Shackell, Roberts (or new), Scannell, Bryson, Hendrick, Ward, S.Davies, Robinson.

Subs:- Legzdins, Buxton, Bailey, Maguire (if he stays), B.Davies

Squad players :- Naylor, Ball, Doyle, Bennett, Hughes, Tyson

I think this squad, especially when (in my opinion) the championship is the weakest it has been in a while, is capable of a top 6 finish, but with the departures of Addison, Ryan Connolly, Lee Croft, Tom Carroll, we could do with 2 or 3 free signings, such as Chambers etc.

I know ,unless we get rid of That Flag Waving *******, we do not really need another striker BUT

[url=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7638636/Rodgers-leaves-Red-Bulls]http://www1.skysport...eaves-Red-Bulls

Luke Rodgers is leaving the NY Red Bulls (and I'm perhaps looking for ROK's opinion on this), from what tit-bits I've seen of him, he has looked dangerous and quick.

I couldn't really tell you much more than you've seen. MLS isn't exactly on TV all the time over here, so I've hardly had a chance to watch him. The "Once a Metro" blog covering the Redbulls though is quite crushed by this. He was an extremely energetic spark for Redbulls, probably the fans favorite player besides Henry. It wouldn't be too much of a thing to say he was the team's best striker behind Henry. Although I'm seeing this report now:

[url=http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/soccerblog/red_bulls_send_luke_rodgers_him_riIflMpDpqeegt8WacrDcL]http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/soccerblog/red_bulls_send_luke_rodgers_him_riIflMpDpqeegt8WacrDcL

They transferred him to Lillestrom SK in Norway for now. How I understand it is that Redbulls is hoping to try getting a work visa for him again sometime in the future so I think it might indicate he'd like to come back if that's the case.

Luke Rodgers is 30 and has scored 1 every 3.5 games in div 1 and 2. He also has been arrested several times, once for assaulting an opponent in the car park after the game.

Sounds tempting.

lulz I hadn't seen that. I can understand why he didn't get his visa approved now.

Liam Trotter, good CM from Millwall on a free in the summer. We should be able to outpay Millwall without going outside our pay structure.

Think there could be a bit of a battle for him, but we should try.

He almost cost 1.2 mil on Fifa though :/

If we're buying from Scotland, Dundee Utd's Danny Swanson isn't a bad RM, and neither is Kilmarnock's Liam Kelly.

Kenny McLean from St Mirren (CM) is similar in style to Carroll, and has a high work rate. He's someone I can see being a decent player in the future.

Swanson would cost a bit, IMO, but would be perfect for us. Templeton from Hearts is decent too.

Think there could be a bit of a battle for him, but we should try.

He almost cost 1.2 mil on Fifa though :/

Swanson would cost a bit, IMO, but would be perfect for us. Templeton from Hearts is decent too.

Templeton would be a good replacement for ward if we sold him, but there will be high demand to sign the lad.

I think its all well and good posting possible players but you need look from the point that nigel is going the right way with having a young squaud.

Having young players means they have alot of room to grow and improve their game.

Suggesting players such as Darren Ambrose who is proven at this level is a problem he is only proven at this level.he is to old to massively improve

Derby should have ambition of a future euro spot as we are a premier league side e.g Pride park stadium having 20,000 every week even if we are on a loosing streak.

Nigel clough needs a young left back to cover for roberts and to be tutored by roberts to eventually make it their first team spot as roberts is 34 and if we do get promotion next season you dont want to have to pay big money to get a Lb will have to take time to settle into the squad.

We need a pacey right midfielder/right winger as ward makes runs down the left but ben davies is only good for set plays hes to robotic.

and finally a Cb to cover for shaun barkers absence as it alls well and good shouting bucko bucko.It was good that he scored the winning goal agianst the scum but he is a league 1 cb at best and never will be a decent championship defender.Mark o brien is player with a bright future tipped to be the next richard dunne for ireland so i suggest using him as he kept 7 cleans sheets out of 13 with him at the back

sorry for the essay but its my first post had alot to say

Archived