He's got a good strike rate.

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2004–2006 Thatcham Town 59 (73)

2006–2007 Kintbury Rangers[1] 27 (20)

2007–2008 Hungerford Town[2] 30 (5)

2008–2009 Poole Town 42 (48)

2009– Swindon Town 52 (31)

source wiki

he seems to come alive in the box and his goal scoing record is very good.

the only doubt is......we need a centre forward who can hold the ball. I dont know whether he can do that or not.

Porter can't. Hulse wasn't great....but thats what we need.

Unfortunately we probably cant afford the fee for Austin.

he seems to come alive in the box and his goal scoing record is very good.

the only doubt is......we need a centre forward who can hold the ball. I dont know whether he can do that or not.

Porter can't. Hulse wasn't great....but thats what we need.

Unfortunately we probably cant afford the fee for Austin.

This is where i dont understand our board they said we bid well over 1million for hooper in the summer and it was more to do with wages the reason he went to celtic well they paid 2.5mill for him so we must have been near if it was to do with wages!

This was on the thread below, Wheres the money now?!?!

"If Hooper had come for what we bid for him, it would have been a big fee but he chose to go somewhere else and part of that was to do with wages," said Glick.

"And you have to, as you would in any deal, walk away from the table when you feel it has gone past what good value would be."

Derby bid "well over" £1m for Hooper but Celtic got their man by splashing out £2.5m.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/Glicks-defends-club-s-decision-accept-deadline-day-Hulse-offer/article-2596825-detail/article.html

This is where i dont understand our board they said we bid well over 1million for hooper in the summer and it was more to do with wages the reason he went to celtic well they paid 2.5mill for him so we must have been near if it was to do with wages!

i think that was all smoke and mirrors........two Shaun Barker type fees?

why didn't they just tell us what they bid?

p.s. that Matt Tubbs of Crawley who tried to cripple Sav quite impressed me. 20 goals in 20 games this season....but only 5'9".

i think that was all smoke and mirrors........two Shaun Barker type fees?

why didn't they just tell us what they bid?

p.s. that Matt Tubbs of Crawley who tried to cripple Sav quite impressed me. 20 goals in 20 games this season....but only 5'9".

I thought that about Tubbs and if youve got that scoring record in any division you know where the net is they dont get smaller and if the other divisions keepers are anything like bywater then hed be fine

I think we really need a big target man who can score goals

Ideally he would be young, proven at a slightly lower level, say League 1. This way he would see moving to Derby as his big chance and try to move mountains. A striker from the PL would see us as a step down and would probably only be available because he'd failed at the higher level. A striker proven at Championship level will be wanting to move into the PL, so probably won't want to come to Derby.

I can't see anyone that fits the bill better than Austin.

Trouble is, I doubt we could raise the £2m plus it will take to land him.

ps I don't believe that we ever actually made a bid for Hooper. Both Nige and Glick were saying that we needed to get rid of strikers, as we had six, before we could think about buying one. We didn't offload anyone until after Hooper had gone to Celtic. IMO (and I could very well be wrong) Glick is just aluding to this 'two Barkers' offer because he knows that no-one is likely to be able to prove otherwise.

I thought that about Tubbs and if youve got that scoring record in any division you know where the net is they dont get smaller and if the other divisions keepers are anything like bywater then hed be fine

i thought he had a decent first touch, was very competitive and had 3x as many shots as any Derby player.

Probably available for £200k.

both Austin and Tubbs score in this match.....

i thought he had a decent first touch, was very competitive and had 3x as many shots as any Derby player.

Probably available for £200k.

both Austin and Tubbs score in this match.....

Have you got cloughs email? send him them videos! haha

Sign austin just on the fact he scored against crawley! none of our strikers did!

Archived