After 32 games, comparing last four seasons

Stimacked

No doubt, however if we have too much patience the club will stagnate and end up like Coventry, I cannot and will not accept this. I think while some patience needs to be exercised we cannot wait too long otherwise the club will never flourish. We have already waited three years and it does look like it will take a good while longer to even challenge for the playoffs.

Get behind the team, that's the most important thing. They aren't much older than you. Imagine 20000+ people on your case every other week, madness!

Really felt for Tom Carroll last night, few mistakes and a massive groan, can't be easy.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Miles Addison as well, but judging from his comments in the press regarding his move to Bournemouth, his heart isn't in it and his head is elsewhere.

Again, Clough has iterated that he wants his squad, as individuals, to be at home in a Derby shirt. He wants triers, to be proud of playing for Derby.

Addisons comments indicate he is not.

But is his not in the squad because his heart is not in it.... or is his heart not in it because he is not in the squad?

Get behind the team, that's the most important thing. They aren't much older than you. Imagine 20000+ people on your case every other week, madness!

Really felt for Tom Carroll last night, few

mistakes and a massive groan, can't be easy.

Agree with every word. As much a Derby can frustrate, and personally theyre near useless atm, I back them every week. I think most on here do. Just here's the place to let it all out.

But is his not in the squad because his heart is not in it.... or is his heart not in it because he is not in the squad?

Heh.

Well, he was in and around it wasn't he. Struggled with injuries though, then had that long lay off. Somethings happened, maybe he just fancies a change.

His heart ain't in it though, that's for sure.

Agree with every word. As much a Derby can frustrate, and personally theyre near useless atm, I back them every week. I think most on here do. Just here's the place to let it all out.

During both halfs I was trying to clap in unison with the SE corner, I was literally the only one that did it (East stand, closest to the North stand, 18 yard box area). Nobody wanted to join in, I was so disheartened by that. Moaning was some kind of comfort for them, I dunno, I just don't understand the logic.

Really felt for Tom Carroll last night, few mistakes and a massive groan, can't be easy.

I do get behind the team, I moan on here but I generally don't moan at the ground.

Heh.

Well, he was in and around it wasn't he. Struggled with injuries though, then had that long lay off. Somethings happened, maybe he just fancies a change.

His heart ain't in it though, that's for sure.

Yet I'd still prefer a heartless Addison than a useless Buxton.

His heart isn't in it?

What you all on about?

He hasn't been near the first team for ages, where did we suddenly get this from?

Oh right, I see, you're trying to think of any excuse for Clough placing another player on the naughty step.

That's OK then, carry on.

No doubt, however if we have too much patience the club will stagnate and end up like Coventry, I cannot and will not accept this. I think while some patience needs to be exercised we cannot wait too long otherwise the club will never flourish. We have already waited three years and it does look like it will take a good while longer to even challenge for the playoffs.

I don't think anyone will accept it, but Coventry have been in this division for 11 seasons now, this is only our fourth. We've got a while until we end up like them. Also, you refer to the team as being made up of 'relatively bad cheaper players', I'd say on the whole they're more inexperienced than bad. I guess to an extent, that's a result of not having the funds, but that's by the by.

I think Youngram is right to express his disappointment with the Clough regime. For me, it is not only the lack of progress in the table that has been frustrating, but also our style of play. I watched the game last night on tele and the football was pretty rubbish to be honest. The style is boring and unattractive, slow, and laboured. When we are playing like this, Clough seems too stubborn to change formation or personnel, to try and gives us any kind of spark whatsoever. Tyson is most definitely not a centre forward and we will never get any kind of goal return from him, yet we'll probably see him in the starting line up for forever and a day.

Meanwhile, Cywka, someone we all know had the ability to unlock defences was completely frozen out of the team without any plausible explanation whatsoever. I also take issue with a few players that many people in the forum seem to praise. For example, Jamie ward infuriates me immensely. he gives the ball away so much it is untrue, the odd decent run in to the opponents half does not make up for the amount of times he blindly runs into nowhere thinking he can take on everyone when he clearly doesn't have the skill to do it. Green is another, I would have been perfectly happy to see him go, he has no real quality, either in his passing or in his first touch, and got absolutely murdered for pace by their winger last night. Our recognised left back Gareth Roberts brings absolutely nothing to us coming forward, takes an age to release the ball when we have the opportunity to counter attack, and crosses woefully. I could go on with many more, but the player who gets my goat the most is Robinson, I really do think that there are many players playing Sunday league who would have the ability to hold the ball up better than he can.

These are all players that Clough has instilled his faith in, we play 451 at home, and then Clough wonders why we can't buy a goal at home, even when we were winning a few games over New Year it was only by the odd goal, usually 1-0. We are as negative as hell, and I've had enough of it!

If I took 3 years to paint something which was still poor and less than even half finished I would rightly be advised to find new employment.

Though I don't begrudge you your discontent with the current regime, I thought I should point out that's a woeful metaphor - many great, classic paintings by the Turners, Constables and such a like took well over three years to finish! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Though I don't begrudge you your discontent with the current regime, I thought I should point out that's a woeful metaphor - many great, classic paintings by the Turners, Constables and such a like took well over three years to finish! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

yes but I am sure that by 3 years they had made some progress. Also this isn't my metaphor, Black N whites used it to criticise me so I just turned it around. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

They probably had sketched, painted, painted out and started sections again a few times.

So, on that assumption, we need to 'paint' in an experienced midfielder, who rightly will be in a position to demand

a higher wage, in the 'Paul Scholes' type mould, who can kick a few arses, command respect and point the youngsters

in the right direction.

yes but I am sure that by 3 years they had made some progress. Also this isn't my metaphor, Black N whites used it to criticise me so I just turned it around. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

It was your metaphor, I used it because you used it, hoping you'd understand.

Oh dear. Whenever it suits you YR, you'll dodge the facts. At least you're consistent.

It gets commented by people who don't rate Clough that he's got rid of the high earners (and anyone could have done that) but made no progress. I think the point is that he has signed good players when he has been given money e.g. Fielding, Barker, Brayford, Bailey, Shackell, Ward, Bryson. His problem is that he hasn't been given enough money. I think his transfer record is strong overall and if the board invested he would spend it wisely. If another manager came in now and wanted to change things at least he would get value in the transfer market if he wanted to sell. As for the way we're playing I put a lot of it down to confidence and injuries. We had confidence at the beginning of the season. Lost it when a few got injured. Regained it when players came back and have lost it again with more injuries. We need something to bring that confidence back, maybe a good loan signing? I guess this is the price you pay for youth and inexperience (at this level). This is why my anger is focussed at the board, for not seeing when a bit of investment would help a lot, rather than at Clough. Board, give Clough some extra budget or get out of Derby and let Gadsby or someone else who cares and understands English football have a go.

Archived