After 32 games, comparing last four seasons

Stimacked

It's easy to see what happened this season.

Cloughie wanted experienced players, remember him incessantly chasing the likes of Waghorn and Eustace?

He wanted them to stand up alongside the young'uns and pull them through games.

Guess what, it didn't happen because he was constantly told that he couldn't sign anyone until he got rid of a few.

He did that and it still didn't fookin happen! Feel sorry for him to be honest....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think your dislike of Clough is colouring your judgement. Thats the first time I've read that anywhere on here.

You didn't highlight the ie.

I was using it as an example of how someone can post an opinion on a message board a few times and then everyone just repeats it as fact. I wasn't saying Addison has a bad attitude, but that the poster above saying Addison's heart isn't in it soon becomes widely accepted that he had a bad attitude, and used to make an excuse for Clough getting rid of him.

A couple of years ago we were saying Addison would make it at the highest level, wasn't he playing for the England U-21's?

Now suddenly he's not wanted any more and shipped off to Bournemouth, he'll probably sign for them for nothing at the end of the season, and nobody wants to know why?

You didn't highlight the ie.

I was using it as an example of how someone can post an opinion on a message board a few times and then everyone just repeats it as fact. I wasn't saying Addison has a bad attitude, but that the poster above saying Addison's heart isn't in it soon becomes widely accepted that he had a bad attitude, and used to make an excuse for Clough getting rid of him.

A couple of years ago we were saying Addison would make it at the highest level, wasn't he playing for the England U-21's?

Now suddenly he's not wanted any more and shipped off to Bournemouth, he'll probably sign for them for nothing at the end of the season, and nobody wants to know why?

'Bad attitude' and 'heart not in it' are two different things. If I thought he had a bad attitude, I would just say that.

His heart isn't in it (I just said it again) because he sees his future elsewhere. That might breed a bad attitude at the training ground, to be fair.

I liked Addison, when he was playing. To be honest I'd say he's got nothing like a bad attitude, he always put in 100%.

So we are virtually in the same place, at least we are consistant!

We have moved on Commons, Hulse, Bywater, Savage, Leacock, Varney et al, and brought in players that where virtually unheard of, cheaper to pay and we are still performing as we where, well the only conclusion is that the players now are just as good or cr*p as the ones we got rid of, being as we are mid table, it makes us pretty average, however this season we are average for a lot less money in terms of fees, salaries, bonuses etc.

Now imho, that gives us a strong platform to add quality and this summer will be where we can judge the true ambitions of the owners, by who they attempt to and actually succeed in bringing in.

The biggest mistake the owners made was saying we'd be able to build a squad that is good enough to compete for the top six, because that was never going to be the case.

I respect the work they're doing to make us a viable business, fall in line with financial fair play and avoid becoming the next Portsmouth or Rangers, or perhaps Leicester if they don't get promoted - it's the communication from the top that needs some work. All they've done is left themselves wide open for criticism from supporters who actually expected us to be in the top six mix.

The biggest mistake the owners made was saying we'd be able to build a squad that is good enough to compete for the top six, because that was never going to be the case.

I respect the work they're doing to make us a viable business, fall in line with financial fair play and avoid becoming the next Portsmouth or Rangers, or perhaps Leicester if they don't get promoted - it's the communication from the top that needs some work. All they've done is left themselves wide open for criticism from supporters who actually expected us to be in the top six mix.

Absolutly spot on, and also very surprising as I would have thought the owners would be more transparent, and even if the plan had changed, why not come out and say it, and explain what was next, instead of letting the fans make it up.

Why was it never going to be the case that spending £3m in the summer was not going to give us a top 6 place?

I mustr admit with results this week , I am now looking at the relegation zone. 14 points gap is still a lot but that can change quickly with wins today for Millwall Forest and Coventry.

We are in **** form and cant score a goal.

Why was it never going to be the case that spending £3m in the summer was not going to give us a top 6 place?

I mustr admit with results this week , I am now looking at the relegation zone. 14 points gap is still a lot but that can change quickly with wins today for Millwall Forest and Coventry.

If we'd kept everyone we wanted to last season, and spent £3m, then I'd agree.

I'm looking at the table now and it's quite worrying really. If we get naff against our next 2 games which is probably going to be the case, it'll look like we are in the dog fight. Thankfully for us our run in isn't as testing so we should be alright.

Archived