After 32 games, comparing last four seasons

Stimacked

I like Miles Addison as well, but judging from his comments in the press regarding his move to Bournemouth, his heart isn't in it and his head is elsewhere.

Again, Clough has iterated that he wants his squad, as individuals, to be at home in a Derby shirt. He wants triers, to be proud of playing for Derby.

Addisons comments indicate he is not.

Addisons comments indicated to me that clough didnt want him.We have heard this before though,he falls out with players then never plays them,then they leave.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

simply not true, from what I gather he signed a contract, wanted to play but then never got a chance and was rightly frustrated. The treatment of him seems like Addison said "strange" he is frustrated and rightly so. He wants to be at a club with ambition and who can blame him? the problem is with supporters is that anyone be it player or fan who casts doubt upon this regime ( including clough) instantly gets branded as not behind the team, not a true fan and deluded amongst other things.

Strange that he's not playing. You've got to earn your place. Why has he ended up at Bournemouth all of a sudden?

It seemed like a sensible idea to me. He's just come back from an injury so we loaned him out to a club that had just lost a central defender, so it looked like he might get a few games. He failed to cement a place at Barnsley, who aren't doing to badly as it happens.

Comes back, and is shipped out again. I was hoping it was to get some definite first team football, but judging from his comments his heart isn't in it anymore. Not in a DCFC shirt anyway. He spells it out himself.

If Clough feels your heart isn't in it, you don't get a place in the team. Something I agree with. Not just a Clough thing either, it's something I've always agreed with regardless of who manages a club and who plays for them.

Strange that he's not playing. You've got to earn your place. Why has he ended up at Bournemouth all of a sudden?

It seemed like a sensible idea to me. He's just come back from an injury so we loaned him out to a club that had just lost a central defender, so it looked like he might get a few games. He failed to cement a place at Barnsley, who aren't doing to badly as it happens.

Comes back, and is shipped out again. I was hoping it was to get some definite first team football, but judging from his comments his heart isn't in it anymore. Not in a DCFC shirt anyway. He spells it out himself.

If Clough feels your heart isn't in it, you don't get a place in the team. Something I agree with. Not just a Clough thing either, it's something I've always agreed with regardless of who manages a club and who plays for them.

He got injured at Barnsley if i am right, his time was mixed, some games he played well and others he was useless. However I would have given him a go in defensive mid just to break up the play. I think the lad is frustrated, he signed a new contract, was happy to go to Barnsley, came back by all accounts did well when he played in the reserves and was simply not played. You can tell he is annoyed at the way he has been treated and now wants to leave, In honesty I don't blame the lad.

He got injured at Barnsley if i am right, his time was mixed, some games he played well and others he was useless. However I would have given him a go in defensive mid just to break up the play. I think the lad is frustrated, he signed a new contract, was happy to go to Barnsley, came back by all accounts did well when he played in the reserves and was simply not played. You can tell he is annoyed at the way he has been treated. I think he is annoyed at the way he has beent treated and is now annoyed and wants to leave, In honesty I don't blame the lad.

In my experience, I've been the loser when I haven't commited myself to whatever project I'm involved with. Sometimes you're going to get frustrated and not perform as well as you'd like. Sometimes you're going to grow frustrated when you feel you're performing well but nobody else agrees with you. That's life for ya.

If he wants to move, move, I doubt Clough see's that as the only option. Perseverence is the better option, but Addison has spelled it out himself, he wants to move on.

I don't think i do but you have a problem with me and your opinion is subjective and easily influenced.

You pick and choose what information you want to draw your opinions from.

Subjective and easily influenced sounds contradictive, but if that's your opinion who are you going to listen to?

In my experience, I've been the loser when I haven't commited myself to whatever project I'm involved with. Sometimes you're going to get frustrated and not perform as well as you'd like. Sometimes you're going to grow frustrated when you feel you're performing well but nobody else agrees with you. That's life for ya.

If he wants to move, move, I doubt Clough see's that as the only option. Perseverence is the better option, but Addison has spelled it out himself, he wants to move on.

I dispute whether he was committed, he signed a new deal and gladly went on loan to Barnsley to get match fitness and to improve that sounds committed to me. The problems seemed to have arisen since he has been back, Addison isn't the first and won't be the last to be annoyed by the stubborness of the style of clough. I think he is disillusioned with the way he has been frozen out despite signing a new deal.

You pick and choose what information you want to draw your opinions from.

Subjective and easily influenced sounds contradictive, but if that's your opinion who are you going to listen to?

I should have made it more clear, your opinion regarding anything I write is subjective, but your opinion on other matters can be influenced except by me because of my "attitude problem" towards other members.

I dispute whether he was committed, he signed a new deal and gladly went on loan to Barnsley to get match fitness and to improve that sounds committed to me. The problems seemed to have arisen since he has been back, Addison isn't the first and won't be the last to be annoyed by the stubborness of the style of clough. I think he is disillusioned with the way he has been frozen out despite signing a new deal.

He hasnt played for a few years if i remember correctly.. and he wants to move on, He is'nt a staple in cloughie's team either, as was Leacock, He can move on to Bournmouth and play alot of football and not be frustrated playing reserves week in week out.. He's been in the club for a long time, but just hasnt been a staple in defense and he probably wants to go somewhere where he is

Fair comment, I don't disagree with you. It's a bad attitude to submit though. Been there and done it myself. I think we all feel he had potential.

I should have made it more clear, your opinion regarding anything I write is subjective, but your opinion on other matters can be influenced except by me because of my "attitude problem" towards other members.

We're talking about Nigel Clough and Miles Addison. Yes, I think sometimes you're harsh, I've no idea why you think it's a good idea, but lets not get lost in off topic discussions.

Oh, and everybody is influenced.

everybody is influenced to a degree, true objectivity is probably impossible but I feel you are more influenced than others in some situations by peoples attitudes rather than the actual argument but anyway back on topic. I think if someone was given a new contract, sent on loan to gain some game time in this league, came back wasn;t given game time and was messed about he has a right to be a tad frustrated with the management. It is more of a case of poor management than the player throwing his dummy out.

everybody is influenced to a degree, true objectivity is probably impossible but I feel you are more influenced than others in some situations by peoples attitudes rather than the actual argument but anyway back on topic. I think if someone was given a new contract, sent on loan to gain some game time in this league, came back wasn;t given game time and was messed about he has a right to be a tad frustrated with the management. It is more of a case of poor management than the player throwing his dummy out.

Attitudes derive from a discussion. If it's negative, I see that as clear as day. Yours is a negative one, I don't know why you have chosen this route, but you have so there it goes.

Why do I say this?

You say Addison has been messed about. What is your proof? Are you sure of that because as far as you're concerned, Nigel Clough can do no right? I haven't seen you say anything at all positive about Nigel before, and don't expect that I will.

I don't always back Clough, sometimes he infuriates me. It's the nature of the man. But I support his plan. I respect it, very much so.

When you suggest subjective, analyse thy self first. It's a bit like pot, kettle, black or whatever that old fashioned saying is.

Attitudes derive from a discussion. If it's negative, I see that as clear as day. Yours is a negative one, I don't know why you have chosen this route, but you have so there it goes.

Why do I say this?

You say Addison has been messed about. What is your proof? Are you sure of that because as far as you're concerned, Nigel Clough can do no right? I haven't seen you say anything at all positive about Nigel before, and don't expect that I will.

I don't always back Clough, sometimes he infuriates me. It's the nature of the man. But I support his plan. I respect it, very much so.

When you suggest subjective, analyse thy self first. It's a bit like pot, kettle, black or whatever that old fashioned saying is.

I think someone can have a good plan but lack the ability to execute it, I feel Clough has this problem. Just like I could have a great plan to organise my college work, I often lack the ability to execute this by myself because I am simply not capable of that feat. My attitude is negative after 3 years of no progression at the club, I am frustrated by this and believe that someone needs to be held accountable.

When you say where is my proof, simply read Addisons account on the Bounrmouth website, he basically says it without directly saying it because he would be in serious trouble. He calls his treatment strange. I am subjective, however if clough had got us in the playoffs or in top 10 would I be complaining? no because he would be successful along with the club and I would admit I was wrong all along, however this hasn't happened and I don't think it will. As a fan I want the club to achieve, this hasn't happened enough during the last decade and there is no evidence to suggest it's going to happen soon.

I think someone can have a good plan but lack the ability to execute it, I feel Clough has this problem. Just like I could have a great plan to organise my college work, I often lack the ability to execute this by myself because I am simply not capable of that feat. My attitude is negative after 3 years of no progression at the club, I am frustrated by this and believe that someone needs to be held accountable.

When you say where is my proof, simply read Addisons account on the Bounrmouth website, he basically says it without directly saying it because he would be in serious trouble. He calls his treatment strange. I am subjective, however if clough had got us in the playoffs or in top 10 would I be complaining? no because he would be successful along with the club and I would admit I was wrong all along, however this hasn't happened and I don't think it will. As a fan I want the club to achieve, this hasn't happened enough during the last decade and there is no evidence to suggest it's going to happen soon.

All I can plead then, Youngram, is patience.

Nobody thinks it's going to happen soon. Not unless we throw money at it. Regardless of the manager.

All I can plead then, Youngram, is patience.

Nobody thinks it's going to happen soon. Not unless we throw money at it. Regardless of the manager.

No doubt, however if we have too much patience the club will stagnate and end up like Coventry, I cannot and will not accept this. I think while some patience needs to be exercised we cannot wait too long otherwise the club will never flourish. We have already waited three years and it does look like it will take a good while longer to even challenge for the playoffs.

Archived