Is it time to start protesting against the board ?

Stimacked

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest

Leeds

Southampton (H)

West Ham

Blackpool

There's 5, but I'm sure there are more. You think anyone's gonna protest if we beat Leicester? No chance. It's just people frustrated with the situation.

I'm not going to protest pal. I accept everything that is going on at the club. I am happy with 90% of that. I support the team. I support the board. I support the manager. I support the club. Just because I have said something against the way we play don't go and persume that I'm a member of the Clough out brigade.

Well you must have seen something I didn't. Either that or your standards are alot lower then mine.

Well I did see great wins and 'beautiful' football against Forest, Leeds and West Ham, perhaps also Saints and Pompey.

Not saying its perfect but come on, over reaction or what!!

To everyone else aswel. I'm simply giving my view to how we play. To quote my last post:

I accept everything that is going on at the club. I am happy with 90% of that. I support the team. I support the board. I support the manager. I support the club. Just because I have said something against the way we play don't go and persume that I'm a member of the Clough out brigade.

To everyone else aswel. I'm simply giving my view to how we play. To quote my last post:

I accept everything that is going on at the club. I am happy with 90% of that. I support the team. I support the board. I support the manager. I support the club. Just because I have said something against the way we play don't go and persume that I'm a member of the Clough out brigade.

Fair point Networker!

Well I did see great wins and 'beautiful' football against Forest, Leeds and West Ham, perhaps also Saints and Pompey.

Not saying its perfect but come on, over reaction or what!!

Sorry dude. Just seems that being on this forum you have to pick a side and everybody presumed I was on the "Clough/GSE out side" because I don't believe we're playing beautiful football...or even football for that matter. As soon as I turn my head I've got 3 replies telling me that the current team is amazing and I had to quickifre 3 responces. And when I said I've got a higher standard than you, I would say the same to most people. I expect to see good football all the time, and all I have seen this season is an inconsistent team playing a mixture or winning football, hoof ball and more recently, lacklustre team performances. A team that is worthy of the name Direby.

Sorry dude. Just seems that being on this forum you have to pick a side and everybody presumed I was on the "Clough/GSE out side" because I don't believe we're playing beautiful football...or even football for that matter. As soon as I turn my head I've got 3 replies telling me that the current team is amazing and I had to quickifre 3 responces. And when I said I've got a higher standard than you, I would say the same to most people. I expect to see good football all the time, and all I have seen this season is an inconsistent team playing a mixture or winning football, hoof ball and more recently, lacklustre team performances. A team that is worthy of the name Direby.

Thing is on forums people are passionate and will take sides, if however, you were to speak in the pub they would probably agree with you! Thats how it is these days.

I think we are trying, I am certainly not worried. Yesterday good football was played at times, but stupid mistakes cost us.

Was happy to see 3 up front at 3 nil down.

Yes, we've had 3 good results against Leeds, W Ham and Forest, but they were "results".

I prefer to look at the bigger picture, and over 3 years Clough's record (W D L) is woeful, the team is has less and less quality about it, and the football is drab.

Thing is on forums people are passionate and will take sides, if however, you were to speak in the pub they would probably agree with you! Thats how it is these days.

I think we are trying, I am certainly not worried. Yesterday good football was played at times, but stupid mistakes cost us.

Was happy to see 3 up front at 3 nil down.

Yeah true. And its decisions to have 3 upfront rather than bringing Buxton on that halp me keep faith in Nige. But yeah, the side-taking just pissed me off a bit. But I'm ok now cause I've just seen a new trailer for Dark Knight Rises 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Yeah true. And its decisions to have 3 upfront rather than bringing Buxton on that halp me keep faith in Nige. But yeah, the side-taking just pissed me off a bit. But I'm ok now cause I've just seen a new trailer for Dark Knight Rises 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Your a good lad.

We are all entitled to our opinions doesnt mean they are right - and thats for all of us!

Yes, we've had 3 good results against Leeds, W Ham and Forest, but they were "results".

I prefer to look at the bigger picture, and over 3 years Clough's record (W D L) is woeful, the team is has less and less quality about it, and the football is drab.

Disagree about the team and less quality. This is probably imo the best team we have had in Clough's time. Players actually want it.

Maybe his record is woeful but then again if it wasnt we would be up there.

With a lack of investment what did you seriously expect?!

First of all we should really get behind the team. Home advantage should count more for us. After we have great backing for the team regardless what's the score we can start to protest if needed. At that point the board would be pressured more by us in fear of losing great supporters.

I like to look at the bigger picture as well. Despite the lack of the promised funding for the squad this season some continue to take a benign view of GSE’s performance while continuing to take a much less charitable view of the manager’s performance. I find that’s odd because the manager, despite his mistakes, has kept us in this league, massively cut costs, and has arguably improved the squad using a mixture of young players, players not wanted by other clubs, and quality players on a free that are known to be physically fragile.

It must be really difficult to produce entertaining football under these conditions – yet Clough still looks like he wants to throttle players when they don’t play the ball on the ground and when they give away possession. It really doesn’t look to me like they do much ‘hoofing the ball up-field’ practice in training. However, it does look to me that the squad isn’t quite good enough at the moment.

If Clough decides to pack it in and leaves, and the finances remain the same, then a lack of entertaining football could become the least of our worries. Then again, some seem to believe there’s a whole bunch of talented managers out there, that GSE can afford, who can ensure some kind of mid table respectability and also provide much more entertaining football under the same financial constraints. Personally I doubt it.

First of all we should really get behind the team. Home advantage should count more for us. After we have great backing for the team regardless what's the score we can start to protest if needed. At that point the board would be pressured more by us in fear of losing great supporters.

Very good point. The atmosphere at Reading was drab. I include myself in that. For the first time ever I didn't want to cheer the lads on. I turned into one of those ********* that sit behind me complaining about Theo's first touch. I'm ashamed of myself. Maybe if we step it up we'll give the lads a bit of inspiration. COYR.

I like to look at the bigger picture as well. Despite the lack of the promised funding for the squad this season some continue to take a benign view of GSE’s performance while continuing to take a much less charitable view of the manager’s performance. I find that’s odd because the manager, despite his mistakes, has kept us in this league, massively cut costs, and has arguably improved the squad using a mixture of young players, players not wanted by other clubs, and quality players on a free that are known to be physically fragile.

It must be really difficult to produce entertaining football under these conditions – yet Clough still looks like he wants to throttle players when they don’t play the ball on the ground and when they give away possession. It really doesn’t look to me like they do much ‘hoofing the ball up-field’ practice in training. However, it does look to me that the squad isn’t quite good enough at the moment.

If Clough decides to pack it in and leaves, and the finances remain the same, then a lack of entertaining football could become the least of our worries. Then again, some seem to believe there’s a whole bunch of talented managers out there, that GSE can afford, who can ensure some kind of mid table respectability and also provide much more entertaining football under the same financial constraints. Personally I doubt it.

We need Pompey to go out of buisness for some people to realise what a godsend our board is.

Totally agree with you ramesses, great post. Clough's performance has to be seen in the context of the budget he has to work with. I think it is definitely time to protest against the board. Nothing will change for the better until we have change at the top.

I think we should be protesting against Clough.

He's turned us into he most negative and boring team I have have had the "pleasure" to watch in 30 years.

There are managers at numerous other clubs would love the budget he's had to spend.

I don't believe GSE are blameless in all this, but the buck stops with manager and he clearly doesn't have the ability to take this club forward.

Spot on.absolutely spot on.

I agree with networker

• I am pleased with the Board we have and the fact they are trying to run us on a sustainable basis
  • I think Clough has done well to maintain a performance level that keeps us in the Championship while cutting wages in half (I couldn't maintain performance on half my staff wage bill at work)
  • I do, however, wish he would encourage a bit more attacking play rather than the dour stuff served up recently. That isn't different players, just giving the existing ones more license

When i see people crying out for investment from the board, my mind switches straight to UEFA's financial fair play scheme.

For the people who would protest against the board; Would you rather that the club was injected with millions of pounds, with high wages? This would maybe improve performances, but would mean that the club would be running at a loss. In the future i can see there being tighter and tighter regulations regarding the way in which clubs are run. I believe that in the premier league over 60% of clubs are "in the red". So would be protesters - would you rather be in debt, or run as a business?

As i said, i don't know what to think about the club as a whole at the moment, but every time i read something about financial regulations I don't find myself being very worried!! Maybe this will make a few people seeing the glass as half full?!

We'll go on a run in a few weeks, and it'll be "Premier league here we come" being whispered by the same people.

Archived