Southampton v Derby County

Boycie

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we played worse at Millwall than today. Both were **** but we didnt look to bad at times today. Been calling for Clough out for about 2 seasons and just being proved right game after game. Cant see us getting more than a point from our next 3, Clough out and quick

No point in making a change now but if we finish where we are ie 15th or even lower then I think Clough should be sacked at the end of the season.

All started going pear shaped once Nigel brought Carroll in for Bailey. Not had a win since. Loanees very rarely work (at least not for us!!!). Leon Osman was a long time ago.

'Bout sums it up for me. Carroll hasn't shown me any more than Jake Livermore did! NC had a headache trying to decide between Bailey or Hendrick alongside Bryson in midfield and opted for one up front instead to solve the problem previously. Now he's brought Carroll in to add to the dilemma. Didn't think Bailey was our worst player today, but then no one really shone today did they?

i want to see us signing big names, like leicester have loads and loads of quality players and you look at that squad and think wow, you look at derby's squad and think what a load of kack, i support nigel through and through because his family is a friend of my uncle's, but i mean with the ***** he's been doing lately he needs to sort it out

I'm just going to point into brief bullet points what would happen if the following happened.

Sacking Clough.

- the myth being we would get someone better, my bet would be on either an ex Derby player who would get the short term backing like Stimac who has no experience, another lower league manager we could afford to take like Peschi(also an ex derby player) or an experienced man out of work like Dowie or Brown (im not joking either)

-the myth we would then have money to spend, there is absolutely no chance of this happening regardless of opinion... we would still be in the market for the same sort of players but the chance being the new manager is unable to find the hidden gems.

-the myth the players want Clough to be sacked, they have shown absolutely nothing but support for the man... show or not, remains to be seen but as it stands no players have gone on strike to remove him.

SACKING THE BOARD

-the myth that there is billionaires waiting in the wings for the call by DCFC to come and waste money to take us to the premier league.

-the myth that the board aren't investing in the club, when it shows they've pumped over 20mllion since coming here.

Don't get me wrong is Bill Gates knocks on the door at Pride Park and says I feel like wasting hundreds of millions on this middle of the road championship club and brings in Wenger, Fergie or Mourinho to help him mount that challenge then fantastic by all means get him in.

However, the sad truth of the staff and board uplifting out of Pride Park isn't a happy one, we're likely to end up in a position with no financial help (much like Forest) desperate to get the books balanced or face the thrills of a punishments by the football league because there is no buyers out there willing to lose money anymore and under these circumstances what sort of manager can we hope for? my guess is that we would end up with a stimac character who would have to cut down the squad even more with the option of absolutely nothing to spend... players out, none in scenario....

Be careful what you wish for...

'Bout sums it up for me. Carroll hasn't shown me any more than Jake Livermore did! NC had a headache trying to decide between Bailey or Hendrick alongside Bryson in midfield and opted for one up front instead to solve the problem previously. Now he's brought Carroll in to add to the dilemma. Didn't think Bailey was our worst player today, but then no one really shone today did they?

Funny how Livermore was poor for us and now gets games for Spurs who are 3rd in the Prem and Carroll is poor for us but highly rated by them. Guess it's just a coincidence that these loan players don't look great when they're with us, nothing to do with how we're run.

Who would respect Stimac? Only the fans. Modern young players wouldn't.

I think they would, he's got the self belief and touch of arrogance that they'd have no choice and I can't imagine he'd go spitting his dummy out when things go wrong. I'd definitely take a punt on Stimac, why not?

Archived