Millwall v Derby County

CumbrianRam

This was a mind-dullingly dour unimaginative performance that sucked the will to live out of me.

I only usually get to see Derby when they are in London; and I'm yet to see a decent performance in the last 3 years.

It was truly awful. There was nothing to entertain

I feel for those who were there. This is my problem with NC his management style either turns me off completely, I understand and appreciate the sustainability aspect. However NC's management bores me rigid.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel for those who were there. This is my problem with NC his management style either turns me off completely, I understand and appreciate the sustainability aspect. However NC's management bores me rigid.

Sadly you can't have that opinion on here. The style of football under this managent team I agree has been very dull to say the least. Yet the majority on here will disagree and tell you off for daring to say anything bad about cloughie. They don't seem to understand that even though you are a derby fan through and through you my actually like to enjoy watching what is played on the pitch

Absolutely agree, I think Clough's main match tactic is to bore the opposition to death 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> Am not asking to see intricate 20 man passing movements every game but would like to see something a little more expansive than safety first football every game

I do agree. Personally I'd rather see us lose attractively than win dourly. Mainly because I trust that, if you play it right, it'll come good over time.

Don't want us to go up this season. We're nowhere near ready for it. Another season or two of steady building, with an astute signing each year, then maybe.

You're probably right but Millwall have played 16 games at home this year and only lost 5. So it's another "glass half full or half empty" discussion. I can remember when we lost games like this, irrespective. It's not all gloom.

No its not all gloom and yes we could have lost. A team with ambition would have won.

Today summed up why im attending less and less games the more i watch us. No imagination, ambition going forward or creativity. Settling for a point against as poorer side as Millwall was embarassing, they were there for the taking today. People moan at me for being too negative, when you watch the style of play Clough has installed away from home it's hard to be anything else.

Special mentions today for Jamie Ward, he was utter toss, he looks to me to have got a bit cocky, just the way he strolls round the pitch it looks as if he thinks he's the b*llocks.

Secondly, Nathan Tyson, the *, a poor, poor footballer who wouldnt be playing in the Conference if he didnt have pace. Theo and Nathan are both very similar, should be working in a factory somewhere.

Defence was solid and Ball didnt do too badly considering the lack of support he got. Apart from that, a typical Clough away performance.

We don't want a mass whinge in either fella, just a bit of balance 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Fair enough but i'm with Gboro on this:

Personally I'd rather see us lose attractively than win dourly. Mainly because I trust that, if you play it right, it'll come good over time.

Don't want us to go up this season. We're nowhere near ready for it. Another season or two of steady building, with an astute signing each year, then maybe.

We won't go up or go down this season anyway.

So play some decent (atacking) football before the end of the season.

What the **** Carroll was brought in for then? He is not feckin right mid by the way.

Things I'm not happy with. 1. Investment in this club. 2. Squad we have. 3. Style of football we play. 4. Signings that haven't worked out. 5. Use of subs. 6. Constant injuries. 7. Not scoring in last ten minutes. 8. Clough's handling the players. 9. Glick's spin. 10. Lack of negativity on these posts.

Happy anyone ? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

At the risk of becoming boring and repetitive, I like Nigel Clough but his stubborn streak and his obsession with 'not losing as oppose to winning gets on my nerves.

I'm not a coach I admit. But Ive seen enough football to know that Connor Doyle is not anywhere near the standard we need to achieve our targets.

I love Nigel, but he gets on my nerves

Just to let everyone know, Connor Doyle has been the best player in training for the past month and the improvement in his football has turned a lot of heads, including international scouts! From someone who works in Derby I got told he has been head and shoulders above everyone in training, as well as putting in a lot more hours than asked!

This is why he got a place in the squad, and exactly how it should be! Best player in training should be in the playing squad at least, keeps everyone on their toes... they know what to do!

I didn't even listen to this game, never mind attend it... however another game without a goal is a bit disappointed and for me it isn't the strikers fault, which seem to take the brunt of the blame but more like the creativity in the midfield area... they do the basics fantastic and that's why we don't concede that many.. however our midfield play is rigid to say the least, Ward has the ability to run at players and beat them but when it comes to passing, and playing that killer ball it certainly isn't is strong point I would work around that, let him run.. don't expect him to pass too much, with our forwards, well more Tyson and Robinson you need Ben Davies in the team, the only winger willing to play the early crosses and our pace should be implemented much better!

At the minute Steve Davies would be useful IMO as he can pick a shot from a long way out and doesn't need creativity from the midfield which we're lacking, but if he isn't performing in training and Doyle is head and shoulders above him then you can't expect to start!

Archived