Marc Pugh

CumbrianRam

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just went on Bournemouth's player and having only watched 2-3 highlights from recent games he seems to be involved in the action a lot, his goal against Tranmere was special, perhaps greedy within taking the shot but still, special goal!

Still, wouldn't want to see Ben Davies go, if I was a Bournemouth fan I'd be looking forward to the prospect of Tubbs and Ben Davies together, especially in league one... wouldn't let Davies go cheap, but looking at Pugh in bits and bobs, he looks a tidy player!

Really highly rated at Bournemouth, it's amazing what a little searching about does... aye, from what I can gather he is their best and most creative midfielder, although as far as I am aware he is a central midfielder... and an attacking one!

I'm a bit dubious because Carroll has just come in, exactly the same sort of player... although strong links with Ben Davies to Bournemouth!

Bournemouth are acting like the Man City of Division one and have been trying to splash the cash in the last week. They are obviously ignoring all the warnings about next years FFP coming in. Their Russian Oil Oligarch who took over at the end of last year is obviously trying to burn some excess cash. They may snap up Ben Davies from us for a fee from us, can see that happening today! They paid a staggering 800k for Stubbs from Crawley yesterday. I can not believe Clough has been given any cash to sign someone as highly sought after as Marc Pugh, he has been tracked by a host of Championship clubs (with cash) be very unlikely for them to allow their best player to leave at the moment even if we had money to offer and offered them Ben Davies. Davies does seem to be out of favour with Clough though.

• 4 weeks later...

Need a right winger, teams just need to man mark ward and our creativity is as god as zero, at least with a right winger might make teams think a bit more.

Agreed, we are far too predictable. The majority of our play (Even more so now Brayford is out) comes down the left and it's obvious what happens next. Hendrick to Shack, Shack to Roberts, Roberts to Ward.. no runners. Go and have a run Jamie lad! Unfortunatley for him he's not been on his game for a while.

Would welcome another winger but I think it;s worth giving Ben Davies a crack before the end of the season.

Archived