Marc Pugh

CumbrianRam

I think on the topic of Ben Davies, he worked best when Steve Davies was in the team. I remember the game v Millwall, the first half goals were them linking up before finding a man in space (Bryson and Hendrick I believe). The third goal was a superb move culminating in a good Steve Davies finish (and was one of the top five goals of 2011, if you can still find the video). I think if Ben is to be brought back in, so does Steve.

On the topic of Marc Pugh, I was excited when I heard this rumour in Jan. A creative midfielder who can play across the middle, and up front? Bring him in Clough! Put him on the right, our creativity is too lopsided atm, defenders go after Ward because that's where the threat is.

That's a very good point. Ben Davies and Steve Davies did work well together. A lot of people said Steve Davies was lazy but he was in the right place at the right time on a lot of occasions resulting in goals. At the moment we need goals so maybe it's worth changing things around a bit. I

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still maintain that early in the season when we were scoring regularly that if we had actually had a striker we would have scored even more goals as we were creating so many chances. Davies scored a few but could have had many many more and provided an even better platform for the rest of the season if he was an actual CF. Now we are struggling for goals and I don't think that Davies is the answer, Tyson looks hopeless and Ball is proving not to be ready for the CF position. This leaves Theo- I love the guy but I don't think we can rely on him for goals, but he definitely adds something (comedy?).

I think we need to give Maguire another chance to prove what he can do. More creativity is needed so someone like Pugh (back on topic!) would be great, you can't expect the strikers to make the chances themselves all the time. A striker remains a priority but there is no point having a striker if there is no-one creating the chances for them.

Steve Davies is a good player but he's not an out and out goalscorer. Goalscoreds tend to have either: Great pace and finishing or great strength and heading (maybe height too) or a ridiculous amount of ability. Davies has ok pace and decent finishing, hardly any strength but he can head a ball.

..........Davies has ok pace and decent finishing, hardly any strength but he can head a ball.

I'm not sure that he can head a ball since his injury - you would imagine something like that has got to knock his confidence....

Steve Davies is a good player but he's not an out and out goalscorer. Goalscoreds tend to have either: Great pace and finishing or great strength and heading (maybe height too) or a ridiculous amount of ability. Davies has ok pace and decent finishing, hardly any strength but he can head a ball.

Goalscorers... score goals.

Steve Davies ratio of 1 in 2 as a centre forward points to me he is a goalscorer, didn't someone post a while back something like a 1 goal every 1.87*? games when played upfront? not bad at all, I'd play him.

Goalscorers... score goals.

Steve Davies ratio of 1 in 2 as a centre forward points to me he is a goalscorer, didn't someone post a while back something like a 1 goal every 1.87*? games when played upfront? not bad at all, I'd play him.

I dont know how people dont think he is a goalscorer, he always seems a threat but then just breaks down again. I think we may release him when his contract is up.

I dont know how people dont think he is a goalscorer, he always seems a threat but then just breaks down again. I think we may release him when his contract is up.

I hope not, but I also think the same... His injuries are confusing from a fans point of view something different every time but so regularly, this injury like a few others has been a fluke, a compact injury which has gone bad... like when he broke his eye socket.

Seems unbelievably unlucky!

That just about covers every attribute possible!

So if we find a player with all these we're on to a winner right?

Jake Buxton upfront?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We seem to have got the worng end of the stick. Nigel was in a meeting with his chief scout, but cut the meeting short when he said i need a poo. The scout misheard him and though he was talking about Marc Pugh. Trust me, its not going to happen.

My mate is a Sheff Utd fan and i went to watch them against Bournemouth. Marc Pugh is awful and would not take a risk on him, on the other hand Addison played well and should come back with Barker out.

Marc Pugh is good in a lower league, playing against half decent opposition in league one and he is mediocre at best, definitely not worth a risk!

Are you the same person?

• 2 weeks later...

My mate went to the Bournemouth v Preston game today. He said there was quite a few scouts there from various clubs and 1 of them was Martin Taylor from Derby County. So looks like we're interested unless he's just keeping a tab on Addison.

Archived