Burnley v Derby County

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rob82,

In answer to your first question about the pubs, no idea. About the tickets - I think that usually depends on how many we sell beforehand? It might be worth ringing the club or even ringing Burnley to ask. Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum anyways.

Thanks for the info and the welcome. Much appreciated 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

They tend to run hot and cold. They are not as rock solid at home as we might think, they have lost at home to Boro, Reading, Leicester, Leeds and Pompey. Think they 7 of the last 10 or 11 or something which is pretty hot form.

but thrashed Forest 5-1 and Ipswich 4-0 and Donny 3-0. As we found out earlier this season they are very good away, apart from doing us over at PP, they also won away at Upton Park, Brighton and Hull. They have the benefit of parashute payments and have kept a core of decent players from their stint in the Premiership and Howe seems to be finding his feet after they struggled earlier in the season.

I like Eddie Howe and rate Burnley. It seems to be clicking into place for Howe at the moment and Jay Rodriguez looks more than useful up front.

I always fear for Derby when we play away, and being 20th in the recent away form table says it all (Averaging less than a goal a game) Burnleys home form is surprising tho, as it seems they fair better when playing away against the 'top teams'. I hope this means that they play better when a team try and take the game to them and struggle when teams are more resolute.

Yes Burnley have smashed plenty of goals in against Blackpool/Florist/Ipswich and Donny, But we all know about Holloways 'Chaaarrrrrrrrge!!' mentality. Ipswich leak goals for fun away. Doncaster officially concede the most away. And florist are.....well.....just awful lol.

What I am trying to say is, Although they look fantastic of late and may intimidate some people, we can hopefully display the same defensive displays we have been showing lately and pray for a fluke goal haha. I was expecting a battering, but am hoping to get lucky with a 1-1 draw;

Burnley 1-1 Derby

Rodriguez (11)

Shackell (53)

Maybe we should do to them what they did to us, score a goal then spent the rest of the match rolling around the pitch feigning injury. I seem to remember at one stage towards that game they had three men down in different places at the same time. I imagine the opta stats show their physio did more running that day than any of the players, he was never off the bloody pitch.

Archived