James Bailey

DcFc Dyycheee

I think he prefer's central midfield, but played on the left hand side for notts county and did well there. I'd hoped when we'd bought him in we'd develop him into a left back for when Roberts calls it a day, but I think Clough wants him as backup in the middle

Yeah, I would prefer him in the middle cause he's right footed, would rather a left footed at LB.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DCFCDyche, I thought Freeman was primarily a full back, who has been utilised in an midfield role late in games to offer extra protection to our defence.

That said, his game time here in the first team amounts to what? 30 minutes? Bailey has almost 60 appearances for us. Maybe Freeman will turn out to be the better option in time, but right now even if Bailey is deemed surplus, he must be considered ahead of Freeman, surely?

Personally I'd prefer Bailey stay for this season as back up for Hughes, also i believe he can play as a left back as well and i prefer him there to O'Connor.

Bailey played right back on a few occasions for Crewe, and he's right footed so I doubt he'd be comfortable at left back

Ive not really seen Bailey play, is he really a player to be loaned to a league 1 team ? his a defensive midfielder and alot of people on here want a defensive midfielder. Is he not good enough for us ?

I'd say he was but he's certainly not better than Hughes, Hendrick or Bryson. Having said that, I think he's kinda similar to Hendrick although he's got a bit more bite in his tackles. Probably a better passer of the ball as well. I imagine a lower Championship team will snap him up, he's too good for League 1.

I wouldn't say he was back up for Hughes personally, but a midfield spot in general. We haven't anyone to cover Hughes when he goes.

We dont have to worry about cover from the current squad if Hughes is sold as we will have money then.

Archived