James Bailey

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id definitely have him on the bench, was a bit of a shock to see him loaned out to be honest. 

I don't think he pulled any tree's up at coventry, but, as a squad player he would be decent - we know he can be good on his day, don't think that would of changed, strange one really.

I really, really rated him at one point - seemed like he was so important to the team, whenever he got injured we seemed to lose a lot. 

I'd say get rid, we have too many squad players at the moment that don't add anything in quality to the team just another pair of legs. We need to be replacing these players with those with an extra dimension or trick up their sleeve with the ability to alter games when they come off the bench, imho that's what we've been lacking when we've been behind in a lot of games this season.

• 2 weeks later...

JAMES Bailey is being linked with a return to his former club, Crewe Alexandra.

The Derby County midfielder is one of seven players to be made available for transfer by the Rams.

He spent this season on loan at Coventry City and the 24-year-old is unlikely to figure in Nigel Clough's plans for next season.

Bailey is reported to be a target for Crewe boss Steve Davis as he looks to strengthen his squad for a push towards the Championship.

Bailey progressed through the Academy at Crewe and played 55 games before he signed for Derby three years ago in a joint deal with John Brayford.

His career at Derby started brightly and he made 62 appearances, scoring one goal, but he has slipped down the pecking order in midfield.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-19006127-detail/story.html?

Archived