I want an atmosphere

Dangerous

This "hit" by Russ Abbot should be played when Derby come out. The atmosphere has gone.There is hadly any singing now.I realise their isnt a great deal to sing about but the ground is quiet.It isnt easy to generate a lot of noise in the stadium as it is but the east stand corner is pretty mute these days.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This "hit" by Russ Abbot should be played when Derby come out. The atmosphere has gone.There is hadly any singing now.I realise their isnt a great deal to sing about but the ground is quiet.It isnt easy to generate a lot of noise in the stadium as it is but the east stand corner is pretty mute these days.

The only time there has ever been anything close to a decent atmosphere was when we first moved into the stadium and were riding high.

Those days are gone.

Football is a different game both on and off the field.

The only time you'll find a good atmosphere is League One and below.

Oh....and did you mother not tell you? I want never gets.....

Here's my argument about the dead atmosphere. For people who keep moaning about how sh*te the atmosphere is, why don't you start actually singing the songs or attempt to make your own up! A few of us in the South Stand are trying but nobody else can be bothered to join in. So its dead frustrating for me 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I'm in South Stand and am not into this sing all through the game and jump about stuff when the game is absolutely dire.

It's easy to here when people are trying to get something and I couldn't here that much at all yesterday.

Not that I'm that bothered, but people think they're done sort of messiah sometimes cos they try and get a chant going.

I'm in South Stand and am not into this sing all through the game and jump about stuff when the game is absolutely dire.

It's easy to here when people are trying to get something and I couldn't here that much at all yesterday.

Not that I'm that bothered, but people think they're done sort of messiah sometimes cos they try and get a chant going.

I know it is difficult to get excited when its dire.Im trying to say the atmosphere is getting worse by the week.No doubt it will be better for the Leeds game but yesterday was crap.And for us to sing " youre not singing anymore" was stupid atn

best

I know it is difficult to get excited when its dire.Im trying to say the atmosphere is getting worse by the week.No doubt it will be better for the Leeds game but yesterday was crap.And for us to sing " youre not singing anymore" was stupid atn

best

Agree entirely, it's a bit embarrassing at times.

Fair play to Bristol, some good support first half.

Nothing at all against you Worksop but unfortunately you are not the only one. But, this is where the problem lies. Just because we are playing 'dire' does not mean (to me anyway) that we cant make a name for ourselves on the terrace. I do feel that in particular our corner only sing when times are good but then could counter this by saying that 3-0 up v Pompey and we were quiet as anything! Yet something goes wrong we get noisy!

Like I say nothing against you but when you look at somewhere and say right I am going to try and improve the atmosphere and come up against someone who feels like you currently do what hope is there?!

We have a very different opinion to football atmosphere than other fans do in Europe. Shame really as can have alot of fun singing and bouncing together! Oi Oi!!!

I miss the NSBA. I had great fun in there every time. Can't we bring it back?

North Stand Block A was fun, everyone in there sung no matter what. A return - more than likely not but you never know!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='^_^' />

Just doesn't seem to occur in the South East Corner.

Twenty years ago I used to make a lot of noise in the stands for my ice hockey team. Our section in the stands were nationally known as the best fan group of the time.

When we were at home our section got the crowd going and often the fans could get the ref to go our way when it was clearly not the case. One season I managed eighteen away games and we made noise for our team and mostly behaved too so not to give our team any shame.

One away game we lost really heavily. For some reason that night everything that could go wrong did so. The more we got scored against the more we cheered for our team. The home team supporters started asking us don't you understand to be ashamed of the way your team plays. We told them we were there to support our team regardless of the result or the way how they played. Last ten minutes when the players came to bench they watched us their mouths open and wondered what the hell was going on with us . There were perhaps two hundred of us and we were shouting the home supporters out.

Afterward I heard that players had discussed about our support for that game. They wanted to repay our faith for them and next couple of matches anybody could see that they were fighting like crazy for every puck. They knew they were not delivering what we wanted but appreciated the support, knowing quite well it wasn't easy to keep cheering for them when we were sinking at away game.

I think everybody should ask themselves why go to matches as a supporter if you are not ready to support your team. It is when your team is playing poorly when the supporters are needed. Everybody can make noise and really get behind the team. There just isn't any excuses. After the matches is time to criticize, moan and demand things to go better.

Nothing at all against you Worksop but unfortunately you are not the only one. But, this is where the problem lies. Just because we are playing 'dire' does not mean (to me anyway) that we cant make a name for ourselves on the terrace. I do feel that in particular our corner only sing when times are good but then could counter this by saying that 3-0 up v Pompey and we were quiet as anything! Yet something goes wrong we get noisy!

Like I say nothing against you but when you look at somewhere and say right I am going to try and improve the atmosphere and come up against someone who feels like you currently do what hope is there?!

We have a very different opinion to football atmosphere than other fans do in Europe. Shame really as can have alot of fun singing and bouncing together! Oi Oi!!!

Don't get me wrong, most games I'll sing every song. Just sometimes when the match is really poor and we're on a bad run, I fancy just watching the game with the face on.

Did anyone see the Madrid v Barca game? Where was the atmosphere there from the home fans?

It's over rated, play attacking regular football, and it will return. Look at us in the prem, brilliant fans that eventually, during the last game turned on the players and club.

We are still hung over from that damaging experience, only progression can eventually cure us. Build a team to make us proud once more.

The best way to get people to sing?

Keep it simple.

We Are Derby, Super Rams

Come On Derby

Nigel Clough's Black n White Army.

get them going and it'll catch on. Trying to copy other team's latest fad songs doesn't work.

Good point.

I'd save chants like that Sex Pistols one for away games, where they do work, and keep simpler ones up at home games that everyone knows and likes.

I will tell u how to raise the atmosphere!! S/e corner get off the back off south stand block b ( nsba) and together support your team!!!

Stop banging on the boards at 100mph and slow down the singing!!! We r not in a race to finishit!! Get hands moving once more!! We dnt even raise our hands when singing anymore!!

Also DERBY COUNTY NEED TO STOP BEING SO HEALTH AND SAFETY CONSCIOUS and allow a drum into the stand to raise the atmosphere and keep a timing to the songs!!!

They say we not allowed a drum or anything in, or flags on poles cos of health and safety yet Leicester, Blackpool and others with new grounds allow it!!

But most of all we need to give a **** about making a atmosphere!!

Past caring now, it's been **** for a while, the people who've tried to make a difference did it wrong and failed. Just accept it and move on.

That will be me then...... I'll get me coat......... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Archived