I want an atmosphere

Dangerous

let's face it all parts of the ground are important for a good atmosphere and to be honest the South East corner is the loudest apart from th North West corner recently although that seems to be different now. Rams Fans are a vocal lot but the Team usually provide the impetus by playing well. The atmosphere was improved this time by our dislike of the opposition just as we did when Franny and Bite yer legs Hunter had a little altercation at the BBG.

Think you mean North East corner, the North West is the disabled corner and executive boxes

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because they told us that If we remained in north stand and stood or banged the board at the back we would be removed from the ground , cos there were so few of us they could control that easier than in the s/east corner,

Derby county claim they want a atmosphere at the ground yet claim drums/ flags on poles are forbidden due to health and safety yet brazil fans bought them all in, a few years ago they claimed Sheffield wed fans couldn't bring the band cos the atmosphere it causes causes more potential trouble for the police!! That's what it's all about!!

Because they told us that If we remained in north stand and stood or banged the board at the back we would be removed from the ground , cos there were so few of us they could control that easier than in the s/east corner,

Derby county claim they want a atmosphere at the ground yet claim drums/ flags on poles are forbidden due to health and safety yet brazil fans bought them all in, a few years ago they claimed Sheffield wed fans couldn't bring the band cos the atmosphere it causes causes more potential trouble for the police!! That's what it's all about!!

If they banned that awful band then that was the right thing to do. Do the teams with the away fans that create a good noise need a band. I think not, Same with that drummer at Derby totally not needed.

• 1 month later...

Against Leicester when normally the two teams would be singing at each other before the game to help create a better atmosphere I noticed that the music was playing a bit louder than it normally does, ( think it was kylie minogue) preventing the atmosphere to build up anywhere near to what a supposedly local derby atmosphere should have,

Well this got me thinking...

When going to old Trafford I noticed that they play a remix over the sound system, and a lot of the songs in the mix are songs they sing (I.e glory glory man united) and a lot of the fans join in the singing,

Why can't derby use there initiative and play songs that the fans sing and can join in with,

We could have, ... Gold( Callum ball) sloop John b ( we're derby county we sing on our own) 7 nation army ( we're the black and white army)!yellow submarine ( dream of a team of Paul greens) and songs like that, I feel it would build the atmosphere a bit more,

Before the game in the Portland pub we put these songs on the juke box and a fair few join in with this,.........

Anyone have a view on this??

I feel quite strongly about this particular topic, been meaning to make a post actually.

All of the music played before kick off and at half time is absolutely ridiculous. Does anybody in the stadium actually like any of that music?

Is there that much trouble at Pride Park after a game that they're intent on drowning out any possible fan songs creating a bit of banter between fans or just sing songs for the home fans?

It was awful, corporate *****, doesn't even appeal to the older fan. Who's the DJ? Should be ashamed of themselves.

Archived