I want an atmosphere

Dangerous

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing about America is their educational system is completely different to ours.

They're mostly students in that stand, and the guy on the music system is probably also a student. As are the football players, the cheer leaders etc..

Everything is well organised basically.

We can't expect that from Derby, because it's not college football or whatever.

But we can do it ourselves, be it a season ticket holder, random match goer, radio listener or web warrior.

A few of these therads have popped up, but maybe this one should stick around so we can work on it. Those 10 points being the starter, and thousands of posts becoming the evolution of the idea.

A proper solid well thought out and debated idea can't be ignored from the board, surely?

Never let this thread die, if we're really ambitious enough to get this working, just pop in with a random idea or whatever everyday.

We can do it!

The club are out of touch with the fans. And the ground is isolated. Its on an industrial estate so I can't have a pint at the match because I don't drink and drive. Thing is with me having a drink will encourage me to stand and sing during the match. Obviousy I'll join in with any chants that reach me but I'm honestly a shy guy so I won't start a chant for the risk of looking like a tw/\t. If the ground was actually closer to the city centre then I'd be happy having a fair few pints and walking home.

Joe,

Great points made mate and alot of them already I have raised before and have answers to along with explanations. However, it does not mean we cannot look into the matter again.

What I would like Joe is for you to be more actively involved with us or me if you wish. You clearly have a passion for atmosphere and these are the fans that need to get together and actually do something about it.

You have my number I think still so please get in touch as think we need to have a meeting.

The North Stand Block A was a fail to some, looking back on it I actually believe it was a success all be it not on a large scale. All singers gathered together, however, many are attracted to something such as improving the atmosphere but when it actually came to it didn't sing or bounce for the 90 minutes as it needs to be. From that point of view it was disappointing but either way I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Nick

The club are out of touch with the fans. And the ground is isolated. Its on an industrial estate so I can't have a pint at the match because I don't drink and drive. Thing is with me having a drink will encourage me to stand and sing during the match. Obviousy I'll join in with any chants that reach me but I'm honestly a shy guy so I won't start a chant for the risk of looking like a tw/\t. If the ground was actually closer to the city centre then I'd be happy having a fair few pints and walking home.

Never been a problem for me finding a pub (hic), there must be 20 or so within walking distance, you're just not looking hard enough.

Joe,

Great points made mate and alot of them already I have raised before and have answers to along with explanations. However, it does not mean we cannot look into the matter again.

What I would like Joe is for you to be more actively involved with us or me if you wish. You clearly have a passion for atmosphere and these are the fans that need to get together and actually do something about it.

You have my number I think still so please get in touch as think we need to have a meeting.

The North Stand Block A was a fail to some, looking back on it I actually believe it was a success all be it not on a large scale. All singers gathered together, however, many are attracted to something such as improving the atmosphere but when it actually came to it didn't sing or bounce for the 90 minutes as it needs to be. From that point of view it was disappointing but either way I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Nick

I reckon I'd poss go back there tbh or south west

Your North Stand Block A wasn't a failure IMO. It was always going to be one of those things that takes years.

It also needed full houses. You ended up separate from the rest of the stand. If you had fans around you every week it'd of caught on eventually.

I'd like to see what a club official has to say about some of the ideas raised on here. Joe has made some points where it's hard to argue with.

And if people want to get behind the goal then there is no good reason not to move the away fans into the SE. Not one clear cut reason that can't be argued against.

Somethings gotta change. We get the numbers. That's the hard bit. Then there's loads of people that WANT to sing. That's the next bit sorted. But getting some actual noise out...

I agree with Alpha. Nick and the lads in NS wasn't a failure. we heard them most of the time and tried to get the songs going in the NE corner. Sometimes folk joined in, sometimes they didn't. I think sometimes that depended on what was happening on the pitch. If the play was good, the crowd usually followed it up with some vocals.

I also think Joe makes some really great points, well done Joe. You, Nick and the lads should join forces, put pen to paper and let the club know that it would be in our (and their) best interests to make things better. If they can meet the fans at least halfway on some of the points raised, everybody's a winner, especially if it actually motivates people into returning to PP - but I'm guessing it would take more than improving matchdays for some.

To pick up on a point of Joe's, I really wish they'd get rid of the concourse tellies. I can't figure out why people stand there and watch when they could be in the stands. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

Pre match rubbish, too loud music is also a pain. Perhaps this is why some folk watch the tellies?

Arsenal to unveil statue of man checking his texts

12-12-11

THE next statue to be unveiled outside the Emirates Stadim will be of someone looking really bored.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/images/stories/empaint

'Empty Red' evokes a sense of not being bothered either way

Sculptor Wayne Hayes was asked to capture the spirit of a typically sepulchral afternoon in North London and the statue was modelled by a 30 year-old PR consultant booking a restaurant table.

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood said: "The piece, entitled Midtable Ennui, is incredibly lifelike - we stood it next to a season ticket holder for a few matches and he thought it was a steward.

"It's going to be the first in several new works by Hayes, including the tableaux Leaving Ten Minutes Early and a painting called Empty Red featuring banks of unfilled seats during a league cup match."

Hayes initially worked in the stadium to soak up the mood of the game but players complained that the noise of his hammer and chisel was distractingly loud.

He finished the statue in his studio on an intravenous saline and Red Bull drip to counteract the drowsiness and admitted the most challenging task was trying capture an expression that combined hope with utter indifference.

He said: "I'm used to recreating all the big human emotions such as despair and joy so it was a real stretch to sculpt the look a man gets when he's paid £1300 a year to watch Mertesacker try and run fast.

"I hope the fans like my work but even if they don't, the worst that will happen is them chanting half-heartedly about it on their way home."

Share:

http://w.sharethis.com/images/check-small

[url=http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/index2.php?option=com_content&task=emailform&id=4659&itemid=26]http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/templates/ja_mercury/images/emailButton

[url=http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4659&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=26]http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/templates/ja_mercury/images/printButton

Joe,

Nick

Nick,

Personally I think for the atmosphere to take off songs have to be VERY plain and straightforward. You need all age groups to join in. Simple songs repeated often. Modern and complicated lyrics won't include the over 40's.

Nick,

Personally I think for the atmosphere to take off songs have to be VERY plain and straightforward. You need all age groups to join in. Simple songs repeated often. Modern and complicated lyrics won't include the over 40's.

What a load of crap, I can remember lyrics to thousands of songs.

I can't remember where I put my teeth before I went to bed last night, but lyrics.......... erm........what were you saying young 'un?

What we need is some old songs, none of these new ones like 3 little birds, sister act and Sloop John B, Us oldies can't keep up with them.........

erm.

Who the bloody ell is that?

If it's owt modern, I won't have a clue, there's only Coldplay I rate.

Archived