I want an atmosphere

Dangerous

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the players put half that effort in every game then the fans would respond and there'd be a better atmosphere every week.

You can't fault the effort this season. Surely when the lads are not doing as well, it should be the time to sing louder and inspire them. Unfortunately it rarely works like that.

davies perhaps - priskin - not so sure about

hardly indicative of a squad full of lazy ********... like i said this season the work rate has bee exceptional imo - even when things are not going right for us.

There have been a few games where the workrate has been good, Barnsley, Leeds spring to mind, and the crowd have responded to that. Other games have been average though, and that's when fans don't respond, it's a vicious circle, but I've rarely seen a lethargic display turn in to a good one by the crowd lifting the players, even at the BBG.

Sometimes it works out that the players and crowd all get angry at a bad decision or a bad tackle and both the players and fans raise it a notch, but to say we lose matches because of a quiet crowd is absolutely ridiculous.

Derby do work hard but we need to drop the zonal marking which seemingly is allowing teams to much possession on the ball

I agree - but it's about keeping shape.

Going 442 also suggested to me that we need a decent CM even more.

(I'd like a decent RM too)

so work rate at forest was just average?

this team works hard.

I thought we were talking about home games where the crowd could have lifted the players, but hey ho, I'm not disputing they work hard in some games, I'm disputing the premise that the crowd would lift them on the days when the workrate has dropped.

I thought we were talking about home games where the crowd could have lifted the players, but hey ho, I'm not disputing they work hard in some games, I'm disputing the premise that the crowd would lift them on the days when the workrate has dropped.

Then i agree. ;-)

Thought the crowd were pretty good yesterday.

Certainly in our case at Derby, the fans tend to need a spark, either the fact that we're playing a team that we really want to beat or if there is summat at stake like promotion (or even relegation!).

Our problem is if we are playing ***** against a team we don't hate. And yes, there was times at the Baseball Ground when it was like that. Then it needs to come from the team to whip up a storm.

The Barnsley match was an excellent example. The team played well with a fast tempo and came off to a standing ovation even though we only drew.

There was a few groans against Leeds when we tried to keep possession, many fans were urging us to get it forward even when no pass was on - madness, it just keeps coming back.

The fans can make a massive difference, Nige showed that when he responded to the give us a wave chant by urging all the stadium to get vocal.

We need a boost from Tom/GSE in the shape of a statement of intent, either a reasonable signing in Jan or a huge price on the heads of players we want to keep.

The fans will drift back and respond if they believe we are on the right track.

Then i agree. ;-)

Thought the crowd were pretty good yesterday.

Following on a bit from the last post, he is right.

Derbys crowd tends to respond to big games whether it be a relegation or promotion battle, or as i have noticed, the whole ground responds (not just the south east corner) when there is a large away support and the ground is that much fuller.

The leeds and forest games go withotu saying, as 1) we hate them , 2) they bring a decent following.

Other factors are stuff like night games tend to ignite the fans more.

I guess what im saying is, when derby have been in the premier league, atmosphere has always been good, in the championship as its now called, every year its the forest, leeds and (sheffield clubs when they are in the division) which make for the best games to watch, and the best for atmosphere. The other examples are when we have played the likes of west brom and newcastle in recent seasons with them at the top and them bringing good followings. The rest of the hames in the championship tend to be a damp squid. But lets face it, apart from 2 or 3 teams, every other club brings less than 1k travelling fans, much in the same way derby only take that number themselves to trivial away games against non local rivals.

I liked the fact cloughie told us to sing more it got people who wouldn't normally sing to sing. People say the football inspires u to sing and in a way I agree. They play good football and it excites u so u sing to express your happiness. But it's at the start, the 5 mins before the players are out that we need to sing and show the players and staff how much we love derby. Imagine what it must feel like as a player to b standing in the tunnel waiting to come out and hearing the home fans singing loud. To the home side it motivates and the away side its intimerdating. It might give the players that spark to go out there and go all guns blazing. Like the posts said previous. Stop the PA and the music let the fans create an atmosphere

Personal favourite

We r derby, super derby, super rams

It would never happen but imagine the whole ground singing that waiting for the players to come out

I must have been at a different game. Very tame atmosphere for a boxing day clash against such a big foe. Leeds were quiet too which didn't help. I moved my ST to sit with my dad (his first game this season), both thought it was naff. Half way down the East Stand where you could hear a penny drop at times.

I must have been at a different game. Very tame atmosphere for a boxing day clash against such a big foe. Leeds were quiet too which didn't help. I moved my ST to sit with my dad (his first game this season), both thought it was naff. Half way down the East Stand where you could hear a penny drop at times.

First time I have made it this season and it was good atmosphere and performance. Leeds though after a bright start were not as loud as I expected.

Was surprised by Bryson, heard good things about him but he lacks a bit of composure on the ball but all in all Derby looked a team and won't let many in playing like that.

Archived