New striker on loan by Thursday

-JW-

In todays DET it says we are stepping up our chase to sign a striker on loan, with no Theo, S. Dvaies, Tyson, and as bennett got a red card for the u18s this weekend he gets a 3 match ban. That leaves us with an untried Ball, and Cwyka and Maguire who were extremely poor on saturday. The emergency loan window closes on thursday so Clough needs to pull his finger our rather soon.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Callum Ball should get his chance but as ever, I doubt he'll even make the bench.

He looks terrible, every time he has had his chance he has looked exceptionally poor. I haven't seen him a lot I must admit but in the brief spells I have, he is woeful in the air despite being a tall, strong looking lad and looks desperately slow, along with this he doesn't look good with the ball, his first touch is amature esc.

I hope he proves me wrong but on what I've seen Ball will be lucky to ever make it into a championships first team, as people have said think a make or break season in league two would determine if he will ever make the cut.

however if he was to play now, it would be like starting with 10 men, I can't see where this striker would be coming from there doesn't seem to be many around, I fear that we'll end up with freddie sears or eastwood someone in that ilk.

Stick with this

Brayford

Obrien/riggot(dam him he needs to get fit)

Shackell

Roberts

Bryson

Hendrick

Davies

Ward

Cywka

Barker (Yes Barker...our new striker......well least we'll win some headers)...

In a 4-2-3-1 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Personally i'd very happily welcome back howard/kuqi both are the type of player we so desperately need, when the balls hoofed up now rarely do i see us win a header and if it does happen it's normally ward and then it just rolls back to the keeper....

Derby County boss Nigel Clough says the club are desperately trying to bring in another striker before Thursday's emergency loan transfer deadline.

Leading scorer Theo Robinson suffered a hamstring injury 15 minutes into Saturday's loss to Hull City and Steven Davies and Nathan Tyson are also out.

"We're trying everything we can but there are very few players out there," Clough told BBC Radio Derby.

"If you asked me to name half a dozen strikers available to loan I couldn't."

Davies is sidelined with a head injury and Tyson is now unlikely to return before December following a groin injury.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15821677.stm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Derby County boss Nigel Clough says the club are desperately trying to bring in another striker before Thursday's emergency loan transfer deadline.

Leading scorer Theo Robinson suffered a hamstring injury 15 minutes into Saturday's loss to Hull City and Steven Davies and Nathan Tyson are also out.

"We're trying everything we can but there are very few players out there," Clough told BBC Radio Derby.

Davies is sidelined with a head injury and Tyson is now unlikely to return before December following a groin injury.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15821677.stm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter]http://news.bbc.co.u..._medium=twitter

It isn't like he had a shortage of options this time a month or two ago, is it? In summer right through to now he has had opportunities. Chris Wood, Sam Vokes, Milan Lalkovich, Jay Simpson, Chris Martin? All missed

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15821677.stm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter]http://news.bbc.co.u..._medium=twitter

Isnt this the same groin injury he's had ALL season? Why do we constantly pick the players who are instantly injuired....? Maybe the problem is not the player but the coaching staff...?

I think the problem here is that we haven't been needing a striker while Theo is fit. Yes, we were understrength but we had Maguire who at the time was untested, Bennet was available, Ball was doing his usual thing and Cywka was also getting the odd ten minutes here and there.

While Theo is playing, we can play anyone next to him and do alright. Without Theo, we can't, as we've got no-one to hold the ball up (which he does in his own way). If he can just get someone in to stretch defences like Theo for a month or two we'll be fine.

Off the top of my head here are presumably the options available:

Rhys Murphy, Patrick Agyemang, Luke Moore (not happening), J.Park (Arsenal, not United), Pacheco and Marcello Trotta.

Personally i'd be looking at Trotta as with our financial outlook on loans I doubt we're going to be wanting to pay alot in wages. I'm presuming that they're options, don't hold me to that, i'm just thinking on me feet. I'm not sure if Luke Moore is in Swansea's 25 man squad but either way i'm not sure Clough would have him here again after breaking his word. Still, he's available (I think) nontheless.

Rhys Murphy could be an option, he is known to be looking for first team football. Agyemang has already played for Millwall on loan last month (does that rule him out of signing for a third club?) and could do Theo's job while we get players back. Pacheco did well at Norwich and I think is still at Liverpool, he's more of a tricky guy though and not someone who'd excell just now with no Robinson there to play off of. J.Park at Arsenal might not be available at all, but he's 18 and not in the Arsenal side unless they're blooding youth players in, he could be available, i'm not sure.

The last one is Marcello Trotta who I quite like and i've no idea if he's available either. Big and has some great finishing from what i've seen, he'd do for a month, and he's one from their development squad so he's hardly going to be expensive on wages.

Half of those might not be available, i'm just trying to think of who we might be able to bring in aside from those guys.......there's really not that much out there now.

Archived