New striker on loan by Thursday

-JW-

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who's fit/available that can be involved in some way up front?

Ball - Target Man

Green, Ward, Cwyka, Maguire, Doyle - All (potentially) can play off the main striker.

Did I miss anyone? I'd rather we play Ball with maybe Cwyka behind him, than get a mediocre player on loan.

Callum Ball scored a hat trick today for the reserves apparantly, perhaps he now deserves a chance

No he didn't, why do people keep saying this? Alex Witham scored 1, Doyle got 2 and Ball got 2. Witham's strike was a superb 25 yard effort that found the top right hand corner of the net.

Is Tyson going to play more games for Derby this season than goals he scored in 2 play off seasons?

I wonder if we'll get a target man? Could've done with one of them since..... Oh, 12 months ago?

Ward was a slightly better target man than Robinson and S.Davies have been though. Bit short for my liking.

It's good that we include B.Davies for his crossing ability. Our height advantage over most teams really comes under the spotlight.

Why wont NC look overseas ?

There must be players MetGod knows of abroad that could do a job even if it is justb until jan,when the board tell NC he has 300k to spend on an up and coming striker from the blue sq. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Is this a WUM? Are people who say this ******? Where the f**k do you think Doyle & Bueno came from? Kettering? Haven't we got a Cork City player on trial? Weren't we after someone from the Dutch league as well at one point? Jesus wept!!!

It isn't like he had a shortage of options this time a month or two ago, is it? In summer right through to now he has had opportunities. Chris Wood, Sam Vokes, Milan Lalkovich, Jay Simpson, Chris Martin? All missed

In the same token he had Steve Davies who had scored 6 goals and Robinson who has scored 6 goals who have got injured.. Tyson nearly coming back but gets injured at Forest needing an operation. Cywka and Maguire who have been given opportunities to shine but fail to produce. You also have Jamie Ward who can play up there. Mason Bennett who is playing better than Maguire and Cywka. So all in all we have had 9 players who could play up there and have been playing up there. With 9 players in that position you would have thought as a manager you would not need one.

Last season he learnt needed 6 strikers got them in place but either poor form or an ever growing injury list and Tyson's first injury was against Villa when taken out by two CB's(which is not from training but playing so please don't say it is the training that is an issue)

With Steve Davies scoring then getting injured along came Robinson who was scoring then got injured Saturday the requirement of a temporary signing was getting closer but was not quite there as I said before others have had opportunitiesbut failed to take them.

Now he has to sign someone and although the lad from Burton may be an option that will be have to be on loan with view to buy. Then watch the clough bashers or the ones who still call him NLNigel having pop shots for siging a Burton Player.

Chris Woods signed on loan by Birmingham at beginning of season when we had 8 players who could play up front no justification to sign him them.

Sam Vokes since 2009 has made 20 1st performances between 5 teams and scored 3 goals. Not a lot of football and not a lot of justification for signing him

Milan Lalkovich is this the Chelsea youth player as no wikipedia site and his name only brings up youth players if so how is this an improvement we may as well play Bennett

Jay Simpson again signed for Millwall in August when he fit strikers plus he went there for 3 months with a view of perm deal in January. Also a club he has played for in the past so again at the time he was signed on loan we had strikers fit and was winning games where is the justification in signing him at the time.

Chris Martin is the only one out of the list that I would say we should have gone for and probably did but Chris Martin was wanted by Palace before we looked at him and was further along negotiations. We should have paid more to get him even if it was to cover the short fall. However think that you may find this loan turn into season long with view of perm signing next summer at Palace.

Barnsley have signed Ranger who we were linked with but I would not have him has may be locked away anytime soon what with his recent arrests.

We have till Thursday to sign someone lets see who is out there. Although I have put possible reasons down hindsight is a beautiful thing and would want most at the club. The issue is the here and now and we need to get someone in looking at the front line Saturday.

Archived