Clough - Delusional?

rammieib

to me Fielding hasn't been the same keeper since forest, that red card has dented this confidence. Even tho he wasn't at fault for either goal on Saturday

I agree. I think his main issue has been decision making on when to come out for the ball. I thought he played OK on Saturday but he has been a tad wobbly since the Forest game. He is only very young for a goalkeeper though so we will have to expect some dodgy form occasionally.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A win/draw/loss record is never going to look all that great considering the fact he'd been moving along 30 odd players in the last few seasons.

I'd rather judge him on this seasons ratio as it's mostly his team, and even then i'd be looking for good/poor performances rather than straight general losses. It's just a case of how to measure that kind of thing........

The media thing could be that he generally doesn't like doing the interviews I suppose, he's not someone to always be in the spotlight. I'm not too bothered by it, but then I don't expect to hear much from him other than very general comments, the line of questioning isn't the best is it.

Looked OK after 4 games 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> , , you want your cake and eat it a bit A 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The only reason that Clough said we played well following the match on Saturday is that he knows any comments he make will get back to the players, so if he turns around and says "everyone was **** and if I had my way, they wouldn't play again" that's not going to help the team bounce back is it?

Yeah Clough has a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat record for not criticizing his own players 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Leaving the 'limited' budget Clough has had blah blah....

It still does not excuse the confusing choices he makes re selection and more often than not with substitutions. Barker up front, an absolute joke....when is Callum Ball going to get a proper chance. And if he (Clough) thinks we were in the game at all on Saturday then he should get his harris out of the dug out and watch from the technical area ! Where is the leadership, what are the pre match options for tactical changes... yes we are NINTH, make the most of it, we'll be around the bottom 8 come the New Year ! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I cannot remember Ward running onto a through-ball since he's been a DCFC player - so he's not a striker in my book. I get so frustrated how he permanently wants the ball to feet.

Maguire has been a complete waste of money.

Everything today was shocking. Even Fielding isn't blameless. The first one he already committed himself to the dive, the second one fair enough but doesn't fulfil me with confidence.

I'd personally drop him!! Give legzdins another go, maybe fielding is to complacent thinking he a untouchable!! Drop him n make him up his game!!

On loan he was playing for a contract, wether it was here or elsewhere but now he can seemingly do no wrong

Its no suprise to Fielding to see a drop in form, when he was doing well I thought he was very lucky many times when he came and flapped and got away with it, after not being as lucky his confidence has dropped just as Bywaters did and we saw a good keeper at this level become a liabilty.I think Fielding will come back and will be a steady keeper but he was never as good as many were saying, he had a good few months but its proving it season after season

Its no suprise to Fielding to see a drop in form, when he was doing well I thought he was very lucky many times when he came and flapped and got away with it, after not being as lucky his confidence has dropped just as Bywaters did and we saw a good keeper at this level become a liabilty.I think Fielding will come back and will be a steady keeper but he was never as good as many were saying, he had a good few months but its proving it season after season

I've no reason to say you're wrong. You may well be right. i just wonder where, as fans, we're all going. At the end of last season, Fielding was the man everyone wanted. Now we should drop him. Recently, I've read that Roberts isn't good enough, that we won't improve when Barker comes back, that Shackell is a poor buy, that Green can go as he's not good enough, that Ben Davies is only any use at free kicks, that Hendrick and Bryson are one-dimensional, that Maguire is lazy, that Ward is selfIsh, that Robinson can't control the ball, that Doyle is well out of his depth, that Ball will never be good enough, that O'Brien can't pass to his own team, that Cywka has lost it, that Steve Davies doesn't run when he's playing, that Tyson and Riggott should never have been signed on...etc. As for Clough, Glick, Pearson, well there's nothing more to say, is there?

So, I think it's only Brayford who has been left out of this. I think he's very good as it happens but surely someone should criticise him. It seems a shame to leave him out.

I've no reason to say you're wrong. You may well be right. i just wonder where, as fans, we're all going. At the end of last season, Fielding was the man everyone wanted. Now we should drop him. Recently, I've read that Roberts isn't good enough, that we won't improve when Barker comes back, that Shackell is a poor buy, that Green can go as he's not good enough, that Ben Davies is only any use at free kicks, that Hendrick and Bryson are one-dimensional, that Maguire is lazy, that Ward is selfIsh, that Robinson can't control the ball, that Doyle is well out of his depth, that Ball will never be good enough, that O'Brien can't pass to his own team, that Cywka has lost it, that Steve Davies doesn't run when he's playing, that Tyson and Riggott should never have been signed on...etc. As for Clough, Glick, Pearson, well there's nothing more to say, is there?

So, I think it's only Brayford who has been left out of this. I think he's very good as it happens but surely someone should criticise him. It seems a shame to leave him out.

Dunna worry Bob lad, every time we lose a game its the end of the world on football forums. Normal people don't go to the extremes that we do, they have lives and only discuss Derby occasionally. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='^_^' />

I think with Fielding there was a massive over hype really, he is decent but some were treating him as he was some kind of superstar and was a new level to Bwyater, a bit like uttoxram was saying but the other way. I myself dont think there is much between them but Bywaters confidence was shot and had become a liabilty. Fielding doesnt need dropping he just wasnt as good as some made him out to be in the first place. Keepers will always make mistakes as do all players in every game but a keepers normally cost a goal and they have to keep there confidence up and keep coming for things. Even Camp, first season he was exellent but second season he lost confidence and became glued to his line.

I think with Fielding there was a massive over hype really, he is decent but some were treating him as he was some kind of superstar and was a new level to Bwyater, a bit like uttoxram was saying but the other way. I myself dont think there is much between them but Bywaters confidence was shot and had become a liabilty. Fielding doesnt need dropping he just wasnt as good as some made him out to be in the first place. Keepers will always make mistakes as do all players in every game but a keepers normally cost a goal and they have to keep there confidence up and keep coming for things. Even Camp, first season he was exellent but second season he lost confidence and became glued to his line.
Mostly agree with you, I do rate fielding but if it was bywater playing now with the same form people would be wanting blood, fielding has become abit untouchable in some people's eyes.

we have to give fielding time, he is a young lad who has made a mistake, it happens. I agree that the difference between fielding and bywater is minimal when their confidence is the same, but bywater kept criticising the regeime and therefore had to go. Give fielding time, don't drop him and he will be as good as he was.

to be fair, he's ***** at trying to cover up the fact he's really ginger. Tosser.

As a player and a lad, nah, you could never find a fault.

Most of the hype surrounding Frank Fielding was more to do with the fact he wasn't Stephen Bywater or Brad Jones more than him being Frank Fielding. Disastrous goalkeeping cost us dearly last year. We've now been upgraded from "hazardous" to "moderately dodgy" between the sticks for this season. That's an improvement, whichever way you look at it.

All keepers fluck up from time to time, just watch the Premier, and Euro games to see.

The lighter balls introduced over the last few years have not aided them much, the deviations in flight sometimes are quite appalling, and are bordering on the unfair IMHO

Not saying he is a bad keeper, but he was sent off at forest, legzdins played really well!! We beat forest 2-1 ( 10 men- gotta be said) then millwall 3-0 his distribution was good and made some good saves, fielding finished his suspension and walked straight back into the team!! I'd say drop him against west ham- we not expecting anything there anyway and he may then realise he isn't untouchable and needs to work for his place!!

Not saying he is a bad keeper, but he was sent off at forest, legzdins played really well!! We beat forest 2-1 ( 10 men- gotta be said) then millwall 3-0 his distribution was good and made some good saves, fielding finished his suspension and walked straight back into the team!! I'd say drop him against west ham- we not expecting anything there anyway and he may then realise he isn't untouchable and needs to work for his place!!

I was thinking exactly the same during Saturdays game trooper.

But then I thought, this is the first time he's had a real run in the first team, as first choice goalie, with his manager thinking he's good enough to be number one.. If he gets dropped the first time he goes through a bit of a dodgy patch, I dont think thats right.

Frank seems down to earth enough to admit when he's flapped at one. He'll learn a lot and it will only benefit us. He's just got to keep his head up. get through this dodgy patch and he'll be fine. It'll do him a lot of good to have his Captain back in front of him as well.

He chose to come to Derby to play first team football. We owe him some time.

Archived