Clough - Delusional?

rammieib

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as a general cluigh supporter

i have to say i agree with this thread for once.

maybe he was just avoiding the CF question.

maybe in the rest of the 10 on each side it was a liuttle more even.

Still doesnt hide the fact that the position is the most important when it comes to any attacking play.

I presume he means in general play, which there might not have been, but we had nothing upfront and so lacked any creative spark. They don't have that problem at the moment, and so created and took their chances.

The general play sounded pretty even, but they had something at the end of the attacks (i.e. strikers) We didn't.

There's nothing upfront, Cywka isn't a striker no matter how much he tries to be. Maguire seems more of an attacking midfielder too, not someone to lead the line.

We've got nothing upfront to build attacks from, Theo was our last real option. We need a striker in, but there aren't many around now.

It's slim pickings now. Ellington is available though! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ...................................... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

The thing is we didnt play much better when we were winning, we were having a few chances in the majority of the wins and not letting goals in. It was never going to last. 1 win in the last 9 odd games isnt good enough and we havent deserved much more to be honest. Yet Clough can do no wrong in manys eyes. We have thrown away the good start we had made and looks like the usual Nov-Dec run. We seem to have one good spell a season and then back to the same old rubbish. Yet this is classed as progress

james beattie on trial at bournmouth why not give him a shot? clough is delusional, hull had the majority of the play and looked a threat, we were blunt and out of ideas. One win in 9 going to west ham things aren't looking good. Strikers can be found if you look past the east midlands.

This is classed as a team that wasn't ready form the play-offs anyway being buggered by injuries and the lack of two main players in general.

We;ve got along fine without those two players when we have a full squad, but when injuries hit we're going to suffer.

I see what Clough means though. Apart from the mistakes made by the defense and the lack of willingness to shoot there wasn't much between us. I also think if Robinson didn't get injured then we may have won. In my opinion we should have had a penalty early on and they could have had a man sent off. So realistically it could have gone either way.

I think Clough also said he's going to try and get a CF this week so he knows we can improve in that department (and/or Robinson is going to be out for a while).

james beattie on trial at bournmouth why not give him a shot? clough is delusional, hull had the majority of the play and looked a threat, we were blunt and out of ideas. One win in 9 going to west ham things aren't looking good. Strikers can be found if you look past the east midlands.

Hasn't scored since October 2009!

I just wish NC would fill the midfield and get us playing passing football..

Over the past few years we've looked so much better when playing with one up top and either 2 attacking midfielders either side or one in behind..

Commons and Hulse were never replaced, a proper striker and an attacking midfielder with creativity..

I really don't rate B.Davies nor do I rate the 4-4-2 we play..

For WHU and the inuries I'd have Ball uptop with Ward and Cywka either side and Maguire playing as the spearhead of a midfield 3 of Bryson, Maguire and Hendrick.. All 3 of them are capable of keeping the ball against a direct WHU team and get Cwyka and Ward to cut inside, go on overlaps, basically roam free behind Ball..

Either that or get a new striker in on loan as we really are short of strikers.

Beattie isn't worth the wages nowadays, though i'd still take a look at him. His hamstrings have been a problem with him recently, he can't move as quickly as he used to, and he was never a speedy player anyway.

with all due respect surely he can't be any worse than what we have? and tyson has always been injury prone and we took a chance, we can't be playing kids when we are on our knees, their confidence will take a battering and that is no good.

Maguire, Ward are both listed as strikers on the DCFC official website.

Commons was classed as a striker too, he blatantly wasn't one.

Maguire played upfront in Scotland, but Scottish football is a damn site easier and you can get by with less effort, until he sparks into life he's only going to be useful in games we're in control.

Ward isn't a striker either, he's a Commons type player again who does like to play striker but is more useful elsewhere. I guess you could class him as a striker, but he can't play striker without a real striker next to him. And even then that leaves us left with no-one to do alot of work infront of Roberts. (Ben Davies can't do it, no-one else to play there)

with all due respect surely he can't be any worse than what we have? and tyson has always been injury prone and we took a chance, we can't be playing kids when we are on our knees, their confidence will take a battering and that is no good.

There is no point in signing a player up like Beattie for going on £8-10k when he's not going to impact the squad very much. I'd imagine that's what he's wanting still, he has always been expensive on wages,

I wonder why Ball wasn't included, surely he's more useful as a target man than Barker? I realise getting Barker out there is just a fitness thing but Ball is a registered striker atleast. (Even if I personally don't rate him that much)

Jamie Ward is a striker, he was a striker at Chesterfield when we was first linked with a move for him and he joined Sheff Utd where he was later used as a wide man. He has said himself that his natural position is a striker although he will play anywhere he's needed.

There is no point in signing a player up like Beattie for going on £8-10k when he's not going to impact the squad very much. I'd imagine that's what he's wanting still, he has always been expensive on wages,

I wonder why Ball wasn't included, surely he's more useful as a target man than Barker? I realise getting Barker out there is just a fitness thing but Ball is a registered striker atleast. (Even if I personally don't rate him that much)

if he wanted 8-10k Bournemouth wouldn't be going for him alex. So i doubt he wants that much, it was also just a singular suggestion there are others available. Ball wasn't included because clough is a burk when it comes to a lot of player selection

Archived