Clough - Delusional?

rammieib

Jamie Ward is a striker, he was a striker at Chesterfield when we was first linked with a move for him and he joined Sheff Utd where he was later used as a wide man. He has said himself that his natural position is a striker although he will play anywhere he's needed.

He should also say that he hates hoofball.

It would be funny watch if it wasn't us, hoofing to a 5ft8ins player.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's nothing upfront, Cywka isn't a striker no matter how much he tries to be. Maguire seems more of an attacking midfielder too, not someone to lead the line.

We've got nothing upfront to build attacks from, Theo was our last real option. We need a striker in, but there aren't many around now.

It's slim pickings now. Ellington is available though! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ...................................... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Now is too late.

This summer was the time to fix or at least ease the striker probs we have. However the manager decided to stick with a very injury prone S Davies, roll the dice paying decent wages for a very injury prone Tyson. Leaving Robinson, Ball as our only out and out strikers after those two crocks.

Not much quality there I'm afraid. Should have done more this summer. He had the funds. £400k on Maguire could have been sent a lot better.

We was pants

Cywka did nothing

Maguire did nothing but jog around

Ben Davies put some decent corners in - noone attacking them

Brayford did nothing

Roberts was pants

Shackell was pants

Bryson was pants

O'Brien was pants

Hendrick was pants

Ward wasn't as pants the rest of pants players

Green wasn't on long enough to be pants

Barker was pants up front - but hey he's a center half

Jamie Ward is a striker, he was a striker at Chesterfield when we was first linked with a move for him and he joined Sheff Utd where he was later used as a wide man. He has said himself that his natural position is a striker although he will play anywhere he's needed.

He also played on the left there but yes early on he was a striker, Sheffield mainly used him in the midfield though so it isn't like he has always played upfront and we've shifted him. I'd say that most of his career has been spent out wide or in midfield.

I'm not sure he's a good enough finisher for a striker anyway, he's a bloody good nuisance infront of a defence though.

if he wanted 8-10k Bournemouth wouldn't be going for him alex. So i doubt he wants that much, it was also just a singular suggestion there are others available. Ball wasn't included because clough is a burk when it comes to a lot of player selection

They aren't as far as i'm aware, he's just training with them. Perhaps trying to twist his ear to take a cheap deal with them I suppose, it's worth a go.

And it is indeed, the problem with free agents is that it'd take them the time to get match fit that it'll take Theo to get fit again, not to mention a few others.

Not sure I agree with that last part. Less room on the bench means certain options get left behind I guess, Ball being one of them. That or he just hasn't been impressed with his efforts.

He also played on the left there but yes early on he was a striker, Sheffield mainly used him in the midfield though so it isn't like he has always played upfront and we've shifted him. I'd say that most of his career has been spent out wide or in midfield.

I'm not sure he's a good enough finisher for a striker anyway, he's a bloody good nuisance infront of a defence though.

Only later on at Sheff Utd, majority of his career he's played as a striker. He'd be a cracking striker although he's not capable of playing the lone striker that holds the ball up, he needs another forward alongside him.

For me he's being wasted out wide.

They aren't as far as i'm aware, he's just training with them. Perhaps trying to twist his ear to take a cheap deal with them I suppose, it's worth a go.

And it is indeed, the problem with free agents is that it'd take them the time to get match fit that it'll take Theo to get fit again, not to mention a few others.

Not sure I agree with that last part. Less room on the bench means certain options get left behind I guess, Ball being one of them. That or he just hasn't been impressed with his efforts.

he is on trial with them, if beattie wanted anywhere near as much as that would Bournemouth even bother? why put two center backs on the bench and only one striker? and quite frankly he lacks foresight with selection and sits on the bench like a moody child when it doesn't go his way. He is deluded and that was shown with his radio interview.

Ward is your typical big man little man type of striker.. Up top on his own he can also be nuissance but only if the ball is played on the deck..

Playing Ward up top on his own and reminiscing the 1980s wimbledon style football is just stupid..

We have players designed for playing the ball on the deck, if Clough wanted to go long ball he'd have signed big athletic style players who are strong in the tackle.. We have small mobile players but we don't seem to play to their strengths..

We've been saying the same things since june, it was obvious we needed another(tyson apart) striker/target man and a creative midfielder then, we were link to a few and none came for whatever reason, a good start was great but even then in a few games it showed our deficiencies, and until its addressed we will remain a mid table side as many said we were before the season.

No point moaning, its falling on deaf ears, and our people at the top with deep pockets and short arms.

We've been saying the same things since june, it was obvious we needed another(tyson apart) striker/target man and a creative midfielder then, we were link to a few and none came for whatever reason, a good start was great but even then in a few games it showed our deficiencies, and until its addressed we will remain a mid table side as many said we were before the season.

No point moaning, its falling on deaf ears, and our people at the top with deep pockets and short arms.

Signing an old injury prone striker with 4 goals to his name in the past 2 years as our main striker was probably the most ridiculous signing of the summer.. And paying him what we are (probably 8k a week or so) to sit in the treatment room is just laughable.. I thought we'd gotten over the days of silly signings.

What's Moxey upto these days? Maybe we could give Palace a call and see if they'd loan him as our new emergency striker.

I think Clough's interview today was interesting.

It revealed that he does have funds to bring a loan in as he now says he is trying to get a striker in by Thursday. So Glick was right when he said there are funds available and NC is the one who has been holding back on bringing in loans to ease the selection problems.

Surely NC has been able to see that we have lacked an out and striker for over a year now. Why hasn't he solved the problem and allowed it to get to the stage it is at now, where we are in dire straights after losing Theo who was never eally supposed to be first choice anyways? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

I've no idea what Nigel is talking about. The game I saw today Hull outplayed us in every area, especially the midfield. They were also quicker in thought and movement.

This season is threatening to turn into last - we didn't look threatening at any stage after the first 10 minutes. Seems like if we don't score early on all the confidence drains out of us.

Good to see Green back - our midfield two are getting outplayed every game at the moment - might give Clough the option to play three across the middle, two wide and one up front.

Fact is Clough said at the end of last season he wanted an experienced midfielder and striker. The first we still havn't got, the second he will probably argue is Tyson.

Word for their fans too - very noisy, though they had reason to be.

Archived