Paul Green

CumbrianRam

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt sell him for 150k-200k, which is what I expect would be a realistic figure to let him go for.

Theo or Davies could not play on the right, clough asks for to much covering and neither can do it, Davies (Ben) is out of form which is why Green is ahead of him, Noble is a forward, why also play him on the wing?

If we are really serious about getting in the top 6 this season, then why arent we keeping him until the end of his contract, cant be argued that since his return we have become a better team.

I wouldnt sell him for 150k-200k, which is what I expect would be a realistic figure to let him go for.

Theo or Davies could not play on the right, clough asks for to much covering and neither can do it, Davies (Ben) is out of form which is why Green is ahead of him, Noble is a forward, why also play him on the wing?

If we are really serious about getting in the top 6 this season, then why arent we keeping him until the end of his contract, cant be argued that since his return we have become a better team.

Can't argue much on the timeframe, can argue on the reasoning, and a settled defence is far more important. And surely Theo is all about the energy and closing down (covering equivalent for a forward). Steve Davies cutting inside would be more of a threat than Green or Ben, obviously you are giving a little in defence.

Barker & Bailey came back and Ball broke into the team at the same time, so hard to tell who had the greater impact, although it is safe to say that all 4 have played a part.

I wouldn't say our good run has been down to Green, much more deciding factors.. for me Ben Davies on his day is well ahead of Green.

I wouldn't mind seeing him back in the team, but if we get 750k then I'd look for a right midfielder from elsewhere.

Do you honestly think we will be bringing anyone in this Jan ? Noble was a surprise, and that may be only for a month........

Do you honestly think we will be bringing anyone in this Jan ? Noble was a surprise, and that may be only for a month........

No I don't, I do expect reasonable investment in the summer. We seem to have:

2 Goalies: Frank & Adam

6 Defenders: Shaun, Shack, Brayf, Roberts, Buxton, Naylor

6 Midfielders: Ward, Bailey, Bryson, Jeff, Thomas, B.Davies

6 Strikers: Tyson, Theo, Noble, S.Davies, Ball, Bennett

Add Doyle to one of those lists, it leaves us with 21 players, more than enough to see us through, with some of those strikers able to cover LM & RM. (Don't rule out OB & Miles either, and is Rob Lee's lad any closer to joining us?).

Obviously losing a Defender or Goalie would mean an emergency loan (likely anyway). It would be nice if Noble was good & made permanent, it would also be nice if we bought the Midfield general (if Nigel is still looking at things that way), but we aren't as threadbare as we could be.

Thomas has gone and Bennett will be off to ENG U17s, Noble will also be gone on 14 Feb unless there is an extension.

I meant Will Hughes, no idea where Will Thomas came from. And I'm hopeful Noble is a view to a permanent. Hughes is also at U17, but surely that isn't longer than 2 weeks? I thought it was only 3 elite group games, but the format is confusing.

750k and I would drive him there myself, love his effort and everything but 6 months on a contract that isn't likely to get renewed because of his wages and Leicester offering silly money!

Like the Cywka move, where would he fit into their starting 11... if they want to swap either Wellens or King for him, I'm sure we can make room!

Being an international has helped us here, no doubt!

Id barrow him there and King back were that the case

Archived