Fan died v Cardiff at Pride Park - Giant Flag

therams69

Hi all,

As you are all perhaps aware a fellow fan died in the concourses of Pride Park Stadium at the Cardiff game a couple of weeks ago.

He was also an uncle to a lad and girl and also brother to our friends on away days.

With the permission of the family I can now name the Ram as West Stand Season Ticket Holder David Wilshaw, aged 51 years old. He died in the concourse following a blood cot to the coronary artery. I have also spoken to the stewards and paramedics via a third party who were involved and naturally they were deeply upset with the event of this night.

As a mark of respect, which we have done before for fallen Rams, the Giant Flag will be walked around the pitch by some of David's family along with other supporters who have kindly offered to do this.

It may not be much but hopefully David will be looking down with a smile on his face that we are showing respect to such a tragic loss of life. After all he should be taking his usual seat for the game as he would normally do every other week.

Would be good if you could spread the word and show your appreciation when the flag is being walked around the stadium. There will be a note in the match day programme as well.

Thanks

Nick

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick that's a lovely tribute! He was the best uncle me and craig could have ever wished for and I'm sure he'll be looking down on us walking round the pitch smiling! Brought us up true rams and we'll carry it on in his memory (: see you saturday hun! And thanks for all the kind words everyone xx

Nick that's a lovely tribute! He was the best uncle me and craig could have ever wished for and I'm sure he'll be looking down on us walking round the pitch smiling! Brought us up true rams and we'll carry it on in his memory (: see you saturday hun! And thanks for all the kind words everyone xx

No problem Gemma!

Yes you are right he will be looking down and with a big smile!!

Archived