Interesting stat

Bris Vegas

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this season we've conceded goals in the last 10 mins of 2 games, the other 15 games we've kept a clean sheet in the last 10 mins which often helped us to hold onto points, that seems like a pretty good record to me?

Your not getting the gist of my post...

I'm saying, why, with 10 minutes to go and drawing.. Have we failed to win a single game in the league whilst Clough has been here (I've not found any stats to back against this claim) yet over half the league have already done it (some on more than 1 occasion) already this season..

I have backed up my claim with hard evidence, facts.. That we are negative when drawing with 10 minutes to go in games..

People are coming out with little things how we went for a winner against Barnsley or even Peterborough (I'd disagree) but facts show we are incapable for one reason or another of pulling out a win late on..

Like I said, I'd say it's our negative mentality and it furiates me.. I'll never forget that Reading away match this season on the live chat, people begging for the final whistle at 2-2.. I was embarassed, how we'd given up any attempt at actually winning the game..

Stats speak for themselves, 0% wins, 59% draws and 41% losses.. Shockingly bad.

Your not getting the gist of my post...

I'm saying, why, with 10 minutes to go and drawing.. Have we failed to win a single game in the league whilst Clough has been here (I've not found any stats to back against this claim) yet over half the league have already done it (some on more than 1 occasion) already this season..

I have backed up my claim with hard evidence, facts.. That we are negative when drawing with 10 minutes to go in games..

People are coming out with little things how we went for a winner against Barnsley or even Peterborough (I'd disagree) but facts show we are incapable for one reason or another of pulling out a win late on..

Like I said, I'd say it's our negative mentality and it furiates me.. I'll never forget that Reading away match this season on the live chat, people begging for the final whistle at 2-2.. I was embarassed, how we'd given up any attempt at actually winning the game..

Stats speak for themselves, 0% wins, 59% draws and 41% losses.. Shockingly bad.

You mean the same way we 'gave up' when we went one nil down against Birmingham, Barnsley, and forest? And when we got pegged back against Reading twice?

How in the name of the lord are we negative when we playing our enemies in their own back yard, one goal and one man down for 87 minutes, and win 2-1? You're just picking odd games to make your argument look strong. So I'll do the same.

You mean the same way we 'gave up' when we went one nil down against Birmingham, Barnsley, and forest? And when we got pegged back against Reading twice?

How in the name of the lord are we negative when we playing our enemies in their own back yard, one goal and one man down for 87 minutes, and win 2-1? You're just picking odd games to make your argument look strong. So I'll do the same.

Again you are not reading my posts.. I never said we were negative in those games, my gripe isn't with our overall performance my gripe is with the last 10 minutes of matches..

Take away the 80 minutes before, I'm talking about our last 10 minute 'strategy and mentality'.. It's to hold out for draws, and we only have a 59% record at that..

I like the team, the tactics (occasionally), the manager.. Everything.. I hate our mentality with 10 minutes to go.

Again you are not reading my posts.. I never said we were negative in those games, my gripe isn't with our overall performance my gripe is with the last 10 minutes of matches..

Take away the 80 minutes before, I'm talking about our last 10 minute 'strategy and mentality'.. It's to hold out for draws, and we only have a 59% record at that..

I like the team, the tactics (occasionally), the manager.. Everything.. I hate our mentality with 10 minutes to go.

Well I like it - because with a broken squad, we're 8th in the league.

Part of the reason we lost on Saturday was because we brought youth players on rather than players who can change the game. I don't agree with that decision, but it wasn't negativity. You musn't confuse negativity with naivety.

You can't disagree with the Peterborough result, people who were there have told you the truth. You've made up your own mind without actually seeing the game.

And you haven't backed it up with facts, as we haven't been negative this season for the most part, aside from the Watford game. And we have won games with positive approaches away from home this season when we had no right to, like at Forest. That was a very positive move by the manager, he gambled and it paid off.

I'm going to leave you to it, I suspect you aren't going to get what some people are trying to point out.

You can't disagree with the Peterborough result, people who were there have told you the truth. You've made up your own mind without actually seeing the game.

And you haven't backed it up with facts, as we haven't been negative this season for the most part, aside from the Watford game. And we have won games with positive approaches away from home this season when we had no right to, like at Forest. That was a very positive move by the manager, he gambled and it paid off.

I'm going to leave you to it, I suspect you aren't going to get what some people are trying to point out.

Why do you assume that I haven't seen the game.. I've seen everygame, whether it's through a stream, 90 minute highlights, TV, Rams Player etc..

Please don't confuse me with some WUM trying to get attention.. I have seen the games, I stand by my facts that I've presented and my original claim..

Why do you assume that I haven't seen the game.. I've seen everygame, whether it's through a stream, 90 minute highlights, TV, Rams Player etc..

Please don't confuse me with some WUM trying to get attention.. I have seen the games, I stand by my facts that I've presented and my original claim..

surely the very point of highlights is that they are not the full match? you can't have seen all the peterborough game, because I couldn't find a stream. You could have watched the highlights definitely but not the entire game.

Bris you asked "Can you please give me a fact to back up that we aren't negative in the last 10 minutes of play?.. Like where with the scores even at 80 minutes we've pushed on for a winner"

I think you are interpreting negative as not gaining any points in the last ten minutes rather than pushing on but not getting a winner despite trying to be positive.

A fact from the Peterboro game is that we lost a point by being POSITIVE as you can see from the subs used and when (below), the NEGATIVE option would have been to bring on Kilbane a defender, but Cloughie did not take that NEGATIVE option, but brought on two attacking players.

Derby County: Fielding, Buxton, O'Brien, Shackell, Roberts, Doyle (Ball 64), B Davies, Bryson, Hendrick, Ward (Hughes 90), Robinson (Bennett 83).

Subs Not Used: Legzdins, Kilbane

If so then I would question your judgement, good sir.

surely the very point of highlights is that they are not the full match? you can't have seen all the peterborough game, because I couldn't find a stream. You could have watched the highlights definitely but not the entire game.

YR - bris' mendacity is a given.

Very interesting stats Bris, good work.

One thing you've proved is that people will still argue that day is night.

As for the last minutes thing, I knew we were bad but I never realised it was that bad.

I put it down to a mixture of poor fitness levels and poor tactics at the end of games, the argument we had last season when Cywka was slated for not hoofing the ball into the corners, giving the ball back to the opposition when you're under pressure is the worst thing you can do, and if we had held on to the ball better in the last half hour on saturday then we wouldn't have lost. That was compounded by Nigel's decision to bring on a 5th teenager, one who had never played a full game before, and the game completely by-passing him added to our inability to retain the ball at the end.

And yes, I went on saturday, although if I didn't I would still have been able to work out why we lost.

I have watched EVERY Rams game on the Rams Player...The FULL 90mins....so Bris could of done the same.

Last season I was really pissed towards Clough with all the late goals against us. After one match I was ready to see him sacked. But I think he has learned from the mistakes. We haven't thrown away a lot of points this season in the end although there will always be late goals in games. Now I'm just waiting that some 15 or 16 years old lad will score late winner for us.

Bris, when you launched your 'Negativity' thread just after the Peterborough game, had you seen the game?

So now you're trying to put down my fact by stating I haven't seen the game..

Nicely done.

Facts are facts.. I've presented them so it's clear for all to see, now I get the usual 'you don't go to games remark'.. Grade A putdown.. Well done.

Archived