Will Hughes....in Derby Squad tomorrow?

Pudding Jack

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In respect of this can I ask the question here. You have all the board members here on Wednesday for the game they have a big board meeting which Clough who honestly believes that he has not asked for loan players? surely you would ask for the cash! if the cash is there players would be coming in - they have said players would come in when players went out. There are no players coming in simple and the only players available really are the youngsters.

according to bloomfield, glcik said there was money if necessary, clough just doesn't think it is necessary

Yes, Glick said "there is money...

...if really pushed, to cover RB only, if there's a knife stuck in his ribs, but remember we are over budget, so maybe just enough for one loan, if absolutely necessary, if it significantly improves the squad...weasel weasel weasel..."

Yes, Glick said "there is money...

...if really pushed, to cover RB only, if there's a knife stuck in his ribs, but remember we are over budget, so maybe just enough for one loan, if absolutely necessary, if it significantly improves the squad...weasel weasel weasel..."

I am sorry but if glick says there is money available, then you can't say there is only money available in desperation, you have to assume there is money available and that Nigel simply doesn't want to use it.

Or Nigel doesn't think there is enough to bring in the quality of player we need, he's banking on getting rid of Bywater, Pearson and Leacock in January and have abit more in the bank to play with.

Or Nigel hasn't approached Glick to see what the financial situation is

Or Nigel actually believes that these kids are ready to make the step up

Or Glick is lying

Or Nigel is undercover f'king us over as he's a Forest fan

Or Nigel doesn't think there is enough to bring in the quality of player we need, he's banking on getting rid of Bywater, Pearson and Leacock in January and have abit more in the bank to play with.

Or Glick is lying

of course any of these apart from the last one 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />, all of which are basically nigel doesn't want to use it at the moment, apart from the glick lying scenario.

I am sorry but if glick says there is money available, then you can't say there is only money available in desperation, you have to assume there is money available and that Nigel simply doesn't want to use it.

Maybe the money is available but earmarked for something else? Like maybe a promising young leftback in january for example?

Maybe the money is available but earmarked for something else? Like maybe a promising young leftback in january for example?

Maybe i am not saying it isn't, but that again is basically nigel not wanting to use it at the moment and saving it up for January, I am not saying that is bad.

Seems obvious to most people who listen to the interviews with Glick or Clough that there's very little money available - and it's 'simply' not the case that Nigel 'simply' doesn't want to use it.

Seems obvious to most people who listen to the interviews with Glick or Clough that there's very little money available - and it's 'simply' not the case that Nigel 'simply' doesn't want to use it.

If glick said there is money, then we have to assume there is money. Do you know the inner workings of derby county? I think unless you can prove the contrary of what Glick says you have to prove that there is money and that Nigel is not using it.

If glick said there is money, then we have to assume there is money. Do you know the inner workings of derby county? I think unless you can prove the contrary of what Glick says you have to prove that there is money and that Nigel is not using it.

You’ve convinced me. There’s obviously plenty of money and Nigel simply doesn’t want to spend it.

You’ve convinced me. There’s obviously plenty of money and Nigel simply doesn’t want to spend it.

you have added the plenty, I am not saying how much there is, there could only be one pound available which nigel could buy skittles with, but there is money available according to Mr Glick and he is not using it, not saying whether it is good or bad or how much there is.

you have added the plenty, I am not saying how much there is, there could only be one pound available which nigel could buy skittles with, but there is money available according to Mr Glick and he is not using it, not saying whether it is good or bad or how much there is.

OK, you've convinced me. There's £1 available and Nigel simply doesn't want to spend it.

Or Glick is lying

Or Nigel's proving a point to all those fans who had fits whenever we signed anyone on loan last season.

People moan if we don't get loans. Others moan that we have loans. A few more moan that we haven't brought in the right loans.

Then others loan about those loans not being permanents. A few of the previous moaners argue that the loans are no better than what we've already got and are a sign that Clough is replacing all of their favourite players because he's evil.

Theo Robinson is mentioned with a few swear words for good measure, and the word 'donkey' is thrown his way. Perhaps even some hearltess comparisons to Heskey too.

Long story short, people be moaning and unhappy almost all the time as they're all managerial prodigies and once managed 4th with Cambridge United on FM.

My view? Clough thinks he'll have the more important injured players back within a few weeks and the players that he wanted aren't available, meaning a loan of someone that he doesn't really want would be a waste. Plus I suspect it'd be a waste of money, which we all know won't be abundant after the summer we've had.

But meh, we're ok for now. And by that I mean we need those players back during the break, any more and we'd need anyone we could get our hands on. Ayala isn't playing at Norwich is he, neither is Simeon Jackson. (I've sent a message to Santa, mum says he'll put a word in with Nigel if i'm good)

If not them then..........erm............Jody Craddock anyone?

NC will have been given a budget for this year. This will include capital and revenue in one pot. We are currently running over budget as we have failed to get rid of Bywater, Leacock, Martin and Pearson on a permanent basis. It's unclear what percentage of Bywater and Pearson's wages are being paid. I imagine less than 100%.

We could get someone in now, but that will further restrict NC's room for manoeuvre in January. He certainly wouldn't bring someone in for this game with a fortnight break to follow, both in terms of wasted wages and the possibility of 3-4 players being back for the Hull game.

99% of football managers have a set budget. NC is no different.

I have listened to the Glick interviews where he states if Cloughie comes to him with a player who will significantly improve the squad then the money is there. Clough in the same interview abstract which is on RAMS player he was asked. He said on the lines of the actual squad is under budget but with the players who are not in his plans (and this does include Greeny I feel) means that they are over budget. The question has how much are the 4 - Bywater, Green, Pearson and Leacock - getting paid to make them over budget. When you consider we have a squad of about 25 who makes us under budget but 4 players but us over the budget. I know he does not say how far under budget the squad is an he can't because if it is a significant way then the agents would start turning the screw in respect of wages.

The question is where is the striker the board promised. Glick has admitted people need to go before more come in. This was one position where we could not strengthen as the newly promoted sides and West Brom paid over inflated prices for the strikers - the lad from Watford the name skips my memory £3million, Shane Long £7million and Morrison £3million. Only Southampton have the money to splash that money and they will going to on Billy Sharp. Now take these names out of the equations which striker would you buy which would significantly improve our squad and think about how much it would have cost at the time of these players being signed as no doubt their prices would have been inflated.

Archived