Will Hughes....in Derby Squad tomorrow?

Pudding Jack

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be honest we are in a good position to be trying out the youth....i dont think we're really going to be pushing for promotion....nor would it be a good thing if we got it.... likewise dont think we'll be near the bottom come may soo0o0o0...get them some practice... could be really useful next season if not by the end of this one

Blimey, bit harsh on Kilbane wasn't he?

he was ........ didnt sound malicious though...think kilbane is abit of a character in the dressing room (experience wise, he was the one with words of encouragement for bennet on his debut bennet said)... he should be pushing for a transfer come january.....reckon thats just a little dig in the ribs...fix up look sharp kind of thing

Clough is actually wrong here, we need loans now as we are desperate. What does he think desperate is, having a shed load of injured schoolboys on the treatment table?

He might have X amount of years in football management compared to my none but I'm telling you I'm right and he's wrong on this one. We need a couple of loans in now.

Can't we chip that 2k in instead of having that stoopid flyover?

is a bit worrying we are given all of these youngsters a start, people may think we have no chance of going up or down but this is a tight league and we need points, 1 win in 7 is not great. I would rather martin be given another chance than this lad.

The same Martin who was crap at Walsall?!?!?

I;d rather Cywka played

Clough is actually wrong here, we need loans now as we are desperate. What does he think desperate is, having a shed load of injured schoolboys on the treatment table?

He might have X amount of years in football management compared to my none but I'm telling you I'm right and he's wrong on this one. We need a couple of loans in now.

Can't we chip that 2k in instead of having that stoopid flyover?

who would you bring in? and before another international break with players hopefully coming back after.......robinson, brayford mybe tyson, anderson, barker by christmas or new year,o brian, davies in new year,green in new year, doubt we'lll see riggott.... i think nows the time to try out the yoof....its disappointing to struggle....but when theyre back fit we'd just have more players on the books not playing...i think in january we'll see a couple of ins and outs.

I'd bring in Xavi or Iniesta on a months loan to give the midfield abit of a boost, I'd also bring in Messi for a month to slot in behind Theo and gives us a tad bit more creativity. Still leaves us short at the back but I reckon as long as we score 1 more than them we'll stay in the top half of the table.

ok ok.

Michael Tonge, sat on his arse at Stoke doing nothing. Tell Pulis he will get games here and put himself in the shop window so we're not paying a penny in wages and you can have him back after Christmas.

Leave the defender with me, I'll get my agent to put the feelers out and I'll get back to you on that one.

In respect of this can I ask the question here. You have all the board members here on Wednesday for the game they have a big board meeting which Clough who honestly believes that he has not asked for loan players? surely you would ask for the cash! if the cash is there players would be coming in - they have said players would come in when players went out. There are no players coming in simple and the only players available really are the youngsters.

ANOTHER of the promising youngsters from Derby County's Academy is in the injury-hit squad for today's game against Peterborough United.

Sixteen-year-old midfielder Will Hughes has been called up for the Championship clash at London Road.

Hughes is in the 18-man squad alongside Mark O'Brien ,18, Jeff Hendrick, 19, Callum Ball, 19, and 15-year-old Mason Bennett – all of them Academy products.

Hughes, born in Surrey, moved to Derby when he was two and attended Repton School before joining Derby as a first-year scholar in the summer. He played his early football with Mickleover Jubilee.

"We've got a few youngsters involved and we have a lot of faith in them," said manager Nigel Clough.

"We will have no concerns if we have to get Will on the pitch."

Hughes impressed in the Reserves' victory over Port Vale at Belper on Monday.

Derby's injury-ravaged squad is boosted by the return of defender O'Brien and striker Theo Robinson, who missed Wednesday's defeat by Cardiff City.

Schoolboy Bennett, the club's youngest-ever player, started two of the last three matches.

"He took a couple of whacks on Wednesday and that is why he came off. He got a dead leg, and with not being able to get him in for treatment on Thursday because he was back at school, we will see how he is," said Clough.

The Rams go into the final game before the two-week international break without a long list of injured players.

It features John Brayford, Shaun Barker, Steven Davies, Russell Anderson, Nathan Tyson, James Bailey, Chris Riggott, Paul Green and Lee Croft.

Some fans have wanted to see Derby dip into the loan market to ease their injury crisis but Clough has said for weeks now that he will try to find answers from within the squad.

He is also hoping a handful of the injured players are available after the international break.

Derby's next game following Peterborough today is against Hull City on November 19.

"We know that there are financial restraints because we are over budget but we are one goal off being sixth in the League with just one game to go before we get three or four players back," said Clough.

"We are going to try to save any money we have got for when we really think we need it.

"People might say we have got nine or 10 players out, we need it now, but nobody said we needed loan signings after we beat Portsmouth on Saturday.

"It wasn't the youngsters who cost us the other night, it was the experience.

"Of the back four, three of them were over 30, and we conceded three goals at home."

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/images/localpeople/ugc-images/275778/Article/images/13763744/3306955

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-13763744-detail/story.html

Archived