RIP Louie Jacob Sharp

ram2767

[size=5]Sharp to miss match after family tragedy[/size]

[size=4]Doncaster striker Billy Sharp will be absent from his side`s npower Championship game with [url=http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/middlesbrough/]Middlesbrough on Tuesday night due to the tragic death of his two-day-old son.

Sharp was ruled out of the 1-1 draw with Coventry at the weekend due to a then unspecified "family issue", and it was revealed by the club on Tuesday evening that Louie Jacob Sharp passed away on Saturday.

At the request of their team-mate, Doncaster`s players will lead supporters in a minute`s applause before the Middlesbrough game to celebrate the short life of Sharp`s son.[/size]

[size=4]------[/size]

Must be awful for him. Hope him and his family all the best, just tragic.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if anyone on here knew, as I only just found out but on Saturday his wife gave birth to his son on the 27th October and he didn't play on 29th for Doncaster and rumours were flying round that he handed in a transfer request and it turns out that his son died aged 2 days old and to the lads respect he has played 90 minutes tonight and scored a goal against Middlesbrough.

Unbelievably managed to turn out for his club tonight and turn up the goods after what must of been the worst few days of his life.

Just thought I'd let this be known and wish him and his wife all the best for the future!

Very brave playing last night - I don't have children but I don't think I could have faced doing anything in those circumstances.

Also, big well done to the referee for not booking him when he revealed his 'that's for you, son' t-shirt.

Things like that really put football in to perspective.

I couldn't even begin to imagine how he must feel. I can't even bear the thought of loosing my lad after two days, if it had happened to me I'd still be a wreck so for him to lace up his boots and bag one for his boy makes him unbelievable brave.

makes me want us to sign him even more now...

Very sad indeed

But are they going to do this with every tradgedy? What if Jake Buxtons brother dies are we going to have a minutes applause plus black armbands and that?..

I'd understand if it were a footballer, but a relation to a footballer is new in this case isn't it?

Colin Calderwood once pointed out that whilst a relation of a footballer has tragically died, so do thousands of Africans and Latin Americans everyday through violence, wars and diseases.. Wheres the minute silence for them? Soon everyone will be doing it..

Once again a tragic loss, RIP and it must be heartbreaking for Billy Sharpe.. But I've never seen clubs and the footballing world pay respects and suffer like this.. It's new right?

Archived