FREEBIES

ianm

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I am convinced that Ianm is wumming.

The so called decline in away support is entirely due to the last few years of poor performances and the rebuilding job.

If we had of gone down and then came back up our away support would have been tremendous on the back of a promotion season.

If the improvement continues the away support will be back. If we are still in or around the top 6 come February you'll struggle to get away tickets.

Our away support is a shadow of what it used to be in terms of numbers and quality and that is not just because of poor performance. Other clubs who have been worse than us have retained excellent core away support teams like Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday.

Remember if you are as old as me in the late 80's early 90's when our support away from home was in the top 6 in the whole country and the envy of those across the border. Somewhere along the line the club has lost the connection with the young fans in Derby. Mid teens early 20's not kids.

Our away support is a shadow of what it used to be in terms of numbers and quality and that is not just because of poor performance. Other clubs who have been worse than us have retained excellent core away support teams like Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday.

Remember if you are as old as me in the late 80's early 90's when our support away from home was in the top 6 in the whole country and the envy of those across the border. Somewhere along the line the club has lost the connection with the young fans in Derby. Mid teens early 20's not kids.

Probably because it used to cost about a fiver to get in and a fiver on the football special?

This is why am still posting, A lot of us want facts. Back it up, put your findings on here, think people give you more time to listen

I have done so before on previous posts, all you have to do is look at gate income on other clubs accounts and divide them by average gate *23 or a bit more for cup runs. Level Business.com if you want to prove me wrong.

Ours were between £10 and £11 per head 09/10 season and they won't have increased since then. A lot of clubs you can't get a child in for less than £10.

What do you mean by that? surely everything is flexible? and this is not trying to catch you out here, the gate "income" does include exec boxes?

Those later prices after renewal date are not set in stone.

I would agree that ticket prices are too high, but I would concede that this is a necessary pay-off to maintain high season ticket sales. Freebies/deals are a good thing in moderation, if you can't get to many games due to being a long distance rams fan, then take advantage of these offers when they are available to you. If you are a season ticket holder, and can get to games regularly, I envy you.

can we stop having this circular argument now please?

problem with the freebies is that they seem to be distributed locally, so a bit unfair on those long distance fans whose costs are an awful lot higher than someone whose just blagged a freebie and lives under 30mins from PPS
cos they going to distribute it locally, that's where most derby fans live.

I have done so before on previous posts, all you have to do is look at gate income on other clubs accounts and divide them by average gate *23 or a bit more for cup runs. Level Business.com if you want to prove me wrong.

Ours were between £10 and £11 per head 09/10 season and they won't have increased since then. A lot of clubs you can't get a child in for less than £10.

Doesn't our relatively low average gate income reflect our relatively low season ticket price?

Archived