FREEBIES

ianm

Have not read the last dozen or so pages on this, but has this been thrown into the ring...

Think of how much money is generated by someone attending even on a freebie, a couple of pints in a local pub, a matchday program, a pie and pint in the ground, gold rush, they may even pay a visit to the Ramtique.

I would suggest that Mr Glick is a little more savvy in these matters then us bozo's.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the deal was made attractive the lads would move. Of course you can never please everyone but if a better atmosphere was created without any nastiness then every fan would benefit.

I personally think that if you take the guys up in s/e and ss further away from the away fans the atmosphere would suffer, the banter between both sets of fans would be taken away.

Why are you so fixated with the free tickets it's like any other "product" (which is how marketing will view it) you give free samples in the hope people will enjoy and go out and buy in the future.

When things start improving on the pitch it seems people still want to moan about something, this is what i hate about fans today where they have to dissect every little aspect of the game and club, gone are the good old days 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Who has told you that, for example there were hundreds of free tickets given out in the West Stand on Saturday. If you work in the NHS or a school there are schemes for discounted tickets also block bookings for Junior clubs are readily available. Added to this sponsors tickets and the free tickets to kids 2,500 and counting free Season Tickets, plus match to match ones.

If we had an actual paid attendance of 20,000 on Saturday I would be very surprised.

Can I just point out that we don't give away free season tickets. If we are referring to the Buy Mobiles offer then all season tickets claimed through this offer are paid for in full by Buy Mobiles through comission they receive from respective network providers, phone manufacturers and the fact that you have to pay a fee for the actual phone. There's no such thing as a free season ticket to the club, unless you're lucky enough to "know somebody".

Regarding the "youth support", i'm more inclined to side with Ianm here.

I look around our away ends on a Saturday afternoon and there's a lot of pensioners, a lot of 40 something blokes on a p*ss up, a lot of kids, but not many "young adults".

Oi....whats wrong with "40 something" blokes on a p*ss up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' /> .....or 50 somethings for that matter 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Can I just point out that we don't give away free season tickets. If we are referring to the Buy Mobiles offer then all season tickets claimed through this offer are paid for in full by Buy Mobiles through comission they receive from respective network providers, phone manufacturers and the fact that you have to pay a fee for the actual phone. There's no such thing as a free season ticket to the club, unless you're lucky enough to "know somebody".

so there are free season tickets then?

Oi....whats wrong with "40 something" blokes on a p*ss up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' /> .....or 50 somethings for that matter 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

You should give it up and know that you're too old...

I jest.

Nothing whatsoever, I was pointing out the "crowd dynamic" or whatever the literary ponces call it, has a big gap between the ages of about 15 to 25, and I think it would benefit both the club, and fans who fall into that age category if the club could cater for their tastes and likes, instead of constantly banging the "we're a family club" drum.

You should give it up and know that you're too old...

I jest.

Nothing whatsoever, I was pointing out the "crowd dynamic" or whatever the literary ponces call it, has a big gap between the ages of about 15 to 25, and I think it would benefit both the club, and fans who fall into that age category if the club could cater for their tastes and likes, instead of constantly banging the "we're a family club" drum.

I know what you mean Joe. That age was the best time I ever had at football. The only thing that would bring them in, imo, would be safe standing/terracing area at PP. Tom Glick would go for it if enough wanted it as well.

I know what you mean Joe. That age was the best time I ever had at football. The only thing that would bring them in, imo, would be safe standing/terracing area at PP. Tom Glick would go for it if enough wanted it as well.

Forget standing that won't make a difference. Premiership football is what would bring them in, forget the prices when Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. come to Pride Park it will be rammed week in week out.

As you possibly remember from the old forum, I am pretty involved, well as involved as I can be at the moment, in the ol' Safe Standing campaign, and I emailed him about it ages ago and he didn't reply. Pretty gutting really seeing as he's head of something at the Football League. I think we're a long way off bringing Safe Standing areas, like those seen in Germany and other places around the world in this country unfortunately, but the club could at least let the unofficial area (SE corner) stand without the constant pestering from the stewards. Having said that there are things in the pipeline that are positives so you never know.

Have not read the last dozen or so pages on this, but has this been thrown into the ring...

Think of how much money is generated by someone attending even on a freebie, a couple of pints in a local pub, a matchday program, a pie and pint in the ground, gold rush, they may even pay a visit to the Ramtique.

I would suggest that Mr Glick is a little more savvy in these matters then us bozo's.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

This has been raised before, and will be raised again, the token response is: We've sold catering rights, so we don't make money from pie & pint sales. / The people who get freebies are categorised as tight b@stards who don't spend money.

The counter-arguments are then: But think about the sales figures when we need to re-negotiate catering rights / If you haven't bought your ticket, then you have spare money to spend on things like a program and a beer.

Forget standing that won't make a difference. Premiership football is what would bring them in, forget the prices when Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. come to Pride Park it will be rammed week in week out.

Standing would make a small difference, especially if it were priced accordingly. Obviously not as much as Premiership football.

I don't think it would at all, fans are not going because they have to sit down. We are the worst team in Premiership history and since then we've been in Championship relegation battles every season.

Pride Park is missing the "glory supporters" at the moment, as soon as Derby start giving the fans something to shout and sing about for a prolonged period the attendances will be down regardless of ticket prices and having to sit down.

Obviously this is all IMO but if we dropped prices to £20 and allowed fans to stand up for the next Saturday home game against Hull City we would still be hovering around the 24-25k mark.

As you possibly remember from the old forum, I am pretty involved, well as involved as I can be at the moment, in the ol' Safe Standing campaign, and I emailed him about it ages ago and he didn't reply. Pretty gutting really seeing as he's head of something at the Football League. I think we're a long way off bringing Safe Standing areas, like those seen in Germany and other places around the world in this country unfortunately, but the club could at least let the unofficial area (SE corner) stand without the constant pestering from the stewards. Having said that there are things in the pipeline that are positives so you never know.

The Club are not to blame for that they have to abide by rules from Safety Advisory Groups basically stuffed with Council Jobsworths. These vary as to how strict they are from place to place.

Safe Standing has been proven to work in Germany in particular, where they do things properly. Unfortunately I think that a lot of clubs are loath to implement standing as they see a drop in revenue and conversion costs.

It is clear the current system of all-seater is a failiure in as to how many fans still stand.

I don't think it would at all, fans are not going because they have to sit down. We are the worst team in Premiership history and since then we've been in Championship relegation battles every season.

Pride Park is missing the "glory supporters" at the moment, as soon as Derby start giving the fans something to shout and sing about for a prolonged period the attendances will be down regardless of ticket prices and having to sit down.

Obviously this is all IMO but if we dropped prices to £20 and allowed fans to stand up for the next Saturday home game against Hull City we would still be hovering around the 24-25k mark.

True that.

This thread seems to not really know what point it's making but, my mine gripe, it's only a small one mind, is that a large group of people, don't seem to really be catered for, and it's in the clubs interest to rectify that, IMO. The standing point of view, is a very personal thing, and I doubt it is keeping more than1% of people away from actually attending a match as a sole reason.

The Club are not to blame for that they have to abide by rules from Safety Advisory Groups basically stuffed with Council Jobsworths. These vary as to how strict they are from place to place.

Safe Standing has been proven to work in Germany in particular, where they do things properly. Unfortunately I think that a lot of clubs are loath to implement standing as they see a drop in revenue and conversion costs.

It is clear the current system of all-seater is a failiure in as to how many fans still stand.

Yeah but how many clubs have actually closed down stands/areas of grounds due to fans standing? (Which is the punishment they can dish out) Newcastle had season ticket holders moved to another area for standing but that's about it. The club should just tell the council to f*** off, as in reality they do nothing all around the country, because they know it's a nonsense rule.

Just found this on the Official Website, don't know if it's been pointed out or not yet...

Derby County's popular 6 Game Plan is back for the 2011/12 npower Championship season.

The Club appreciates that some supporters may not be able to attend every single home game for a number of reasons, so the 6 Game Plan allows you to purchase matches tickets for six Derby County home games of your choice during the 2011/12 season.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/javaImages/f/e4/0,,10270~9823247,00

You can purchase your 6 Game Plan by visiting the Derby County Ticket Office on Pride Park, by calling 0871 472 1884 (option 1) or by logging on to [url=http://www.wearederby.com/]WeAreDerby.com.

For under 18's 6 Cat C games of your choice work out at £10.80 each, and £15 for Young Adults, bargain! and you don't need the membership to buy that either.

How many clubs have offers on like these?

Possibly in the long term it wouldn't make a difference, but in your scenario I believe the novelty would bring in a lot of people. And it is the cheaper seat ticket, not the fact that you can stand that would bring in more in the long term.

Yeah but how many clubs have actually closed down stands/areas of grounds due to fans standing? (Which is the punishment they can dish out) Newcastle had season ticket holders moved to another area for standing but that's about it. The club should just tell the council to f*** off, as in reality they do nothing all around the country, because they know it's a nonsense rule.

That's very true. What they have done is reduce allocations for away fans mainly Manchester United for persistent standing and the new favourite standing in gangways.

Just found this on the Official Website, don't know if it's been pointed out or not yet...

For under 18's 6 Cat C games of your choice work out at £10.80 each, and £15 for Young Adults, bargain! and you don't need the membership to buy that either.

How many clubs have offers on like these?

Unfortunately the adult deal is poor, unless your sole intention is to guarantee a Forest ticket.

I've already been to 3 league home games for £48.

Archived