FREEBIES

ianm

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A mate went to the pompey game, used to be a season ticket holder since the Key Club but like most had to give it up when having kids. He paid £28 for a seat in the corner at pitch level, to be fair he did'nt whinge but 28 is an awful lot of money for a crap view for what is 90mins of football. He really enjoyed the game and the pair of us were reminiscing over the retro shirts in the shop (did'nt know they had the centenary kits too, wow!!) but he probably won't go more than a couple more games this season as he can't justify the price.

Giving cheap tickets to kids is the right thing to do, but I don't agree with free/cheap tickets for adults (even if they are with the kids). Surely match day tickets for all at lower prices, say round the £20 mark would make more sense and you'd also attract those who want to come and support the team rather than those with little interest except for a freebie?

I think that football has priced out many working class fans and that is something that I am very opinionated on.

Having said that, if I still lived in Derby I would have a season ticket as it is relitivly good value. and TBH, I counteract the cost by using the freebies when I can - it all balences out in the end.

My season was £355 that was the early bird price, which is £15.43 per game. If renewed after its £445 that's £19.35 per game.

The whole idea of season tickets is value for money. If they drop the ticket price to £20 then either season ticket aren't value for money or the price of a season ticket would have to come down, so the club lose money on the season tickets of which there are a high amount of.

My season was £355 that was the early bird price, which is £15.43 per game. If renewed after its £445 that's £19.35 per game.

The whole idea of season tickets is value for money. If they drop the ticket price to £20 then either season ticket aren't value for money or the price of a season ticket would have to come down, so the club lose money on the season tickets of which there are a high amount of.

Those renewal prices are flexible though. They don't need to drop the prices for every single game they could keep the higher prices for Forest and Leeds or other games with big away crowds but just drop them for most Championship games. That way there is still value in the ST.

If you drop the value of a match-day ticket near the season ticket price (worked out per game) you will undervaluing the season ticket, you will find more people wont buy season tickets and chose to go on a match to match basis, and in my opinion attendances would go down

You would keep them 20 to 25% higher overall, not really rocket science and easily achievable.

agreed, there's a massive gap between the 2 prices on the day. it also just does'nt seem right when a % of tickets are given away at reduced prices or even free to adults.

it's nothing to do with the working class being priced out, it's more a value for money thing

also the main reason why I renew every year is because it guarantees me a seat at every game, no hassle in buying match day tickets, and I don't get locked out for the sell out games and if we get to wembley. the reduced price is a bonus and correct but I doubt it's the main reason why folk have season tickets

It was said on radio Derby, that deals like the southampton match or kids for a quid can only happen 3-4 matches per season.

Every club gives away free tickets, for sponsors, players friends or the club giving something back to the town or city. Tbh I said this before as long someone doesn't go to every match cheaper than my season ticket though freebies or deals I don't care.

It was said on radio Derby, that deals like the southampton match or kids for a quid can only happen 3-4 matches per season.

Every club gives away free tickets, for sponsors, players friends or the club giving something back to the town or city. Tbh I said this before as long someone doesn't go to every match cheaper than my season ticket though freebies or deals I don't care.

Not as many as we do.

So why the moaning about ticket prices you have bagged a good deal there

- can you give any examples from any clubs where reducing ticket prices has increased income.

I think Ian is correct in what he says. At say £28.00 per ticket for walk up customers we seem to have say 5,000 empty seats earning zero income. I live in Dorest 200 miles away. I can't justify a season ticket. I would however seriously consider attending more games if the cost was more like £18.00 - £20.00 rather than £28.00. It would help toward what for me is a total match cost of about £80.00 + food/drink etc.

As I said I don't really care, but have you asked every club and know this is the case?

I have looked at this and our gates/income ratio is the lowest in the top 2 divisions and below even Chesterfield for example. As you don't care you post enough argument for arguments sake perhaps.

This is a key issue and my idea could even regenerate our away support as at the moment the club is not connecting with the type of fans who might not just go to home games but away ones as well. Our away support is apart from odd games in a steady and long-term decline.

I think Ian is correct in what he says. At say £28.00 per ticket for walk up customers we seem to have say 5,000 empty seats earning zero income. I live in Dorest 200 miles away. I can't justify a season ticket. I would however seriously consider attending more games if the cost was more like £18.00 - £20.00 rather than £28.00. It would help toward what for me is a total match cost of about £80.00 + food/drink etc.

That means they would have to get rid of the season ticket prices after the early bird period because they will be at the same price.

I have looked at this and our gates/income ratio is the lowest in the top 2 divisions and below even Chesterfield for example. As you don't care you post enough argument for arguments sake perhaps.

This is a key issue and my idea could even regenerate our away support as at the moment the club is not connecting with the type of fans who might not just go to home games but away ones as well. Our away support is apart from odd games in a steady and long-term decline.

This is why am still posting, A lot of us want facts. Back it up, put your findings on here, think people give you more time to listen

Now I am convinced that Ianm is wumming.

The so called decline in away support is entirely due to the last few years of poor performances and the rebuilding job.

If we had of gone down and then came back up our away support would have been tremendous on the back of a promotion season.

If the improvement continues the away support will be back. If we are still in or around the top 6 come February you'll struggle to get away tickets.

Archived