FREEBIES

ianm

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who has told you that, for example there were hundreds of free tickets given out in the West Stand on Saturday. If you work in the NHS or a school there are schemes for discounted tickets also block bookings for Junior clubs are readily available. Added to this sponsors tickets and the free tickets to kids 2,500 and counting free Season Tickets, plus match to match ones.

If we had an actual paid attendance of 20,000 on Saturday I would be very surprised.

Someone from the football club told me, and they would have no reason to lie. Again, do you have any evidence that we give more freebies and reduced price tickets than other clubs?

Most of the Junior football clubs block bookings are paid for! They're not free. Its just organised for them to sit together.

Come on Ianm, either use your "inside information" properly or come clean about your ID! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Someone from the football club told me, and they would have no reason to lie. Again, do you have any evidence that we give more freebies and reduced price tickets than other clubs?

The evidence is simple I'll use Forest as an example they have higher gate income than us but much lower gates and in the last published accounts average per head was max £11 for the season, you don't have to be too clever to work it out.

Whoever told you from the club is either telling fibs or bending the truth, whichever way you look at it.

Most of the Junior football clubs block bookings are paid for! They're not free. Its just organised for them to sit together.

Come on Ianm, either use your "inside information" properly or come clean about your ID! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

They are not free but highly reduced.

The evidence is simple I'll use Forest as an example they have higher gate income than us but much lower gates and in the last published accounts average per head was max £11 for the season, you don't have to be too clever to work it out.

Whoever told you from the club is either telling fibs or bending the truth, whichever way you look at it.

'Last published accounts' being from? I stated that currently we do no more freebies / reduced than other clubs, used to, but not now.

'Last published accounts' being from? I stated that currently we do no more freebies / reduced than other clubs, used to, but not now.

09/10 Season. This Season we have done more than ever Southampton at least 6000 extra freebies and discounts. Many hundreds again on Saturday, possibly over 1000 in the West Stand, South/West corner. I also know they are offering even more to the Junior clubs, if they do a deal with one of the big clubs like Spondon Dynamoes that can be hundreds in one hit.

Honestly I have followed this closely and this Season with even more seats free due to less ST sales they are offering even more since the schools have gone back on a Saturday match.

I'll credit Mr Glick he is very creative in how he does this but it simply does not work if the plan is to get people to return and pay full price.

Given that Forest had a play off, and a better cup run than Derby I would say that you do have to be clever to work it out.

Given that a play off game probably gets between 500k-800k, and the cup games around the same, brings the figures a lot closer. Take into account our ST offering is 20% lower than theres, we actually arent doing that bad.

Given that Forest had a play off, and a better cup run than Derby I would say that you do have to be clever to work it out.

Given that a play off game probably gets between 500k-800k, and the cup games around the same, brings the figures a lot closer. Take into account our ST offering is 20% lower than theres, we actually arent doing that bad.

Cup Games and play off games are split 3 ways, we had 3 Home Cup games that year albeit small crowds, we also had average Home Gates of 29,000 that year theirs were 22,000.

Cup Games and play off games are split 3 ways, we had 3 Home Cup games that year albeit small crowds, we also had average Home Gates of 29,000 that year theirs were 22,000.

Which year are you talking ?

I also believe that the phones promotion was not included within the gate receipts for Derby but elsewhere in the accounts, may be wrong on that.

09/10 Season. This Season we have done more than ever Southampton at least 6000 extra freebies and discounts. Many hundreds again on Saturday, possibly over 1000 in the West Stand, South/West corner. I also know they are offering even more to the Junior clubs, if they do a deal with one of the big clubs like Spondon Dynamoes that can be hundreds in one hit.

Honestly I have followed this closely and this Season with even more seats free due to less ST sales they are offering even more since the schools have gone back on a Saturday match.

I'll credit Mr Glick he is very creative in how he does this but it simply does not work if the plan is to get people to return and pay full price.

out of interest, where are you getting your information from on how many free tickets are given away?

why are we even bothered about giving away tickets/free tickets values? i thought people would like to sit in a full stadium or be able to go to a game if they aren't able to usually? or get kids in when they could be at home watching united/chelsea/city/arsenal/liverpool on the TV..

Football clubs should be one of the main parts of the community and I'm glad that the club try to get involved.

why are we even bothered about giving away tickets/free tickets values? i thought people would like to sit in a full stadium or be able to go to a game if they aren't able to usually? or get kids in when they could be at home watching united/chelsea/city/arsenal/liverpool on the TV..

Football clubs should be one of the main parts of the community and I'm glad that the club try to get involved.

Because others not fortunate enough to be eligible for one of these offers can't afford to go due to the idiotic match to match prices.

Plus other reasons we are fast becoming a club with fans who are largely old or kids with **** away support, also as we are not generating the revenue we could we miss out on quality second tier players when they become available. We are not connecting with the young fans in Derby like we used to and that's why our away support is in decline.

Because others not fortunate enough to be eligible for one of these offers can't afford to go due to the idiotic match to match prices.

Plus other reasons we are fast becoming a club with fans who are largely old or kids with **** away support, also as we are not generating the revenue we could we miss out on quality second tier players when they become available. We are not connecting with the young fans in Derby like we used to and that's why our away support is in decline.

Or many more kids are becomin ManUre, Chelski, Scouse etc fans.

Pretty easy to pluck numbers out of thin air mate.

Numbers were not plucked out of thin air I was in there that section is normally pretty empty. There were well more than the away fans at least 800 and probably well over a thousand and those tickets were FREE.

Or many more kids are becomin ManUre, Chelski, Scouse etc fans.

That is on the increase anyway it must be a concern that so many kids in Derby do not support the rams and go for the clubs you list. I've seen children in our ground with tops on for all the clubs you list and you can add others. That should be banned.

Archived