FREEBIES

ianm

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the "youth support", i'm more inclined to side with Ianm here.

Our support has a high proportion of kids under 12 and adults over 60. This is fine, they have equal rights to be a fan as anyone else. However, there aren't many 16-25 year olds. These are as much the future of our support as the kids under 12, yet are capable of paying their own way (in the main) so the club would be wise to get them more involved. I look around our away ends on a Saturday afternoon and there's a lot of pensioners, a lot of 40 something blokes on a p*ss up, a lot of kids, but not many "young adults". These are lads that make an atmosphere, that have the time to go to pretty much every game, that have a bit of disposable cash to waste on tickets, beer and food, yet the club don't really seem to cater for them.

"Back in the day", the football specials would be packed with lads in their late teens and early twenties, and are most likely still going now and have bought their kids up supporting the Rams.

Nowadays though, i'm 19 myself, there's not many of my mates who go to the football - I can think of four that also come to watch Derby, one who travels a rediculous amount of miles to watch Sunderland every week, and another who goes to watch Burton. Now the amount of us who used to go when we were 8-14, sometimes with our parents, sometimes with our footy teams/schools was about ten times that number. Why don't they go anymore? Too expensive, have to sit down and shut up, and the beer's rubbish and expensive. Thems the reasons, but unfortunately clubs don't seem to want that type of fan and fail to cater for them. Shame because that's what will cause our support to die in my opinion - it's all very well getting them in at 8 or 9, but as soon as they're old enough to go on their own, they are being lost.

You are spot on with that analysis, times have changed and the Football Specials have gone but some clubs like Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday have held onto a core away support, who make a good atmosphere and add to the whole occasion. Even Forest, who never used to be near to us in away support inspite of for donkeys years having a better team to watch, now are superior. If they were playing at Peterborough in the top six on Saturday they would take 3-4000, we will probably manage half that.

The club needs to cater for this age band make them feel wanted. Match to match prices need to be right, Season Tickets are not for young lads, when I was young they were something your Dad or Uncle had and were not considered but they only rarely went to away games. When you are young most pick and chose the games home and away and we need that type of fan back.

OK, let me put i different way, you want us to see your point, do the donkey work, I took one look at that website and thought "what the ****"

What more can I do I am no computer whizz I have no clue how to link the relevant figures but I did manage to get to the relevant accounts and find the income figures.

Now let's think, should I take the word of someone from the club who would have no reason to lie, or from someone who's only agenda seems to be ****-stirring and criticising the current board for whatever reason. mmmmm, tricky one!

I am not ****-stirring I am telling it as it is. I can guarantee you for example there were hundreds of free tickets, possibly even over 1000 in the West Stand last Saturday. If you choose not to believe that or don't want to then that of course is your call.

What more can I do I am no computer whizz I have no clue how to link the relevant figures but I did manage to get to the relevant accounts and find the income figures.

Well you have a problem then, because I don't think the most of us will believe you, and this is the main reason why

I notice there's a Young adult ticket, however if you want "access" to this, and are over 17 and under 21, you have to pay £25 for a membership? Why? Stupid idea that's not going to get many signing up for it surely?

The benefits for this are: "Personalised membership card, wallet and discounted travel on the roadrider" amongst other things. When you're late teens, early twenties you don't want a card and a wallet and £2 off on the Tupperware special, you want a free pint and a cheap train. Perhaps they could team up with East Mids trains or something to offer I dunno £5 off on away matchdays or something - they already have some sort of link with them I think. Offer cheaper seats in a particular area (South Stand/East corner which would not only boost attendances, but increase the atmosphere). The clubs always going on about "fans first" and "not taking the fans for granted", well then why don't they offer something for people other than 10 year olds and families?

Well you have a problem then, because I don't think the most of us will believe you, and this is the main reason why

Frankly I couldn't care whether you believe me or not but the match income figures are there to be accessed.

I notice there's a Young adult ticket, however if you want "access" to this, and are over 17 and under 21, you have to pay £25 for a membership? Why? Stupid idea that's not going to get many signing up for it surely?

The benefits for this are: "Personalised membership card, wallet and discounted travel on the roadrider" amongst other things. When you're late teens, early twenties you don't want a card and a wallet and £2 off on the Tupperware special, you want a free pint and a cheap train. Perhaps they could team up with East Mids trains or something to offer I dunno £5 off on away matchdays or something - they already have some sort of link with them I think. Offer cheaper seats in a particular area (South Stand/East corner which would not only boost attendances, but increase the atmosphere). The clubs always going on about "fans first" and "not taking the fans for granted", well then why don't they offer something for people other than 10 year olds and families?

Personally I think the best way to go about it is to get the South/EAST lads into the North Stand and make this the Vocal Section get the pricing right and let it take off. The families could relocate to East or South West. The security aspect would be better with this section away from the away fans.

Personally I think the best way to go about it is to get the South/EAST lads into the North Stand and make this the Vocal Section get the pricing right and let it take off. The families could relocate to East or South West. The security aspect would be better with this section away from the away fans.

Well personally, me and mine don't sit in the SE, we're in NE corner - but I really can't see the SE corner lads and lasses wanting to shift away from where they get to banter with the away fans, I don't think they'd go for that and Nick and the guys have just left NS so they could be heard more.

Also some families might not want to relocate to the East or SW, I know we wouldn't because we like it where we are.

Well personally, me and mine don't sit in the SE, we're in NE corner - but I really can't see the SE corner lads and lasses wanting to shift away from where they get to banter with the away fans, I don't think they'd go for that and Nick and the guys have just left NS so they could be heard more.

Also some families might not want to relocate to the East or SW, I know we wouldn't because we like it where we are.

If the deal was made attractive the lads would move. Of course you can never please everyone but if a better atmosphere was created without any nastiness then every fan would benefit.

2 years ago ffs!

It won't have changed though will it. Up to date accounts would be nice and there is no reason why they should not now be published but they don't like to send them out till the latest possible time.

Archived