FREEBIES

ianm

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Groupon are now offering two tickets for 25 quid for the Hull game on the 19th of November.

To be honest it is a bit of a kick in the teeth to the loyal 24,000.

why? Over the season a season ticket is the cheapest option, they are paying £3 less than my ticket for one match

why? Over the season a season ticket is the cheapest option, they are paying £3 less than my ticket for one match

Your figures are in another thread only in a lot more detail. Forests gate income that season was 7.1m 800k more than ours with 6/7000 fans less per match.

Yeah i know what you mean, It's a tricky situation really because everyone wants Pride Park full.

Like a few thousand others I haven't got a season ticket but go to a lot of games.

I bought the groupon last time thinking it was a one off, but just seen the new offer and was trying to figure out why they are offering it again? Only to have a sell out for one match and the following week it drop back down to 24,000.

Surely there is a better way of getting people in and keep them coming week in week out?

Yeah i know what you mean, It's a tricky situation really because everyone wants Pride Park full.

Like a few thousand others I haven't got a season ticket but go to a lot of games.

I bought the groupon last time thinking it was a one off, but just seen the new offer and was trying to figure out why they are offering it again? Only to have a sell out for one match and the following week it drop back down to 24,000.

Surely there is a better way of getting people in and keep them coming week in week out?

Perhaps they are finding out the amount people will pay on mass £10 successful, next 12.50, then £15 and so on. One thing is certain it is not £28.

No, you said there was no such thing as a free ST.

I've given you an example, just one wholesaler. How many more wholesalers provide goods to Derby?

Yes, I agree Buymobiles purchase the ST's from Derby. But that's not the point I'm making.

I would be very suprised to see any wholesalers gets free ST's anymore, with these stupid laws that have now come in, you cant even give a diary away now without having to declare it.

Also if they are supplying Derby with goods, then its a bit naive to say these are free, bit like the mobile deal, you get a free ST, however you do have to pay over the odds for your bill.

Perhaps they are finding out the amount people will pay on mass £10 successful, next 12.50, then £15 and so on. One thing is certain it is not £28.

Yeah didn't think of that. £20 a ticket would be a fair price, because let's be honest its not the football that's putting people off going.

Yeah didn't think of that. £20 a ticket would be a fair price, because let's be honest its not the football that's putting people off going.

great price, wouldnt need to buy a ST anymore because it just as cheap at £20 a ticket, then when Im on holiday, or have something else on, I need to pay.....does that not mean that the gate receipts go down though ?

great price, wouldnt need to buy a ST anymore because it just as cheap at £20 a ticket, then when Im on holiday, or have something else on, I need to pay.....does that not mean that the gate receipts go down though ?

It isn't though mine was £415 in the most expensive part of the ground and a new ST, nobody should have paid more than that. 23*20=460, if you kept 4 or 5 premium matches at £30= £500 or £510. That is a fair differential you are still saving on 5 matches which is about right, plus you are guaranteed a ticket for big games.

Yeah and this is the problem, some fans can't afford to pay upwards of £28 a match but bring the price down to get more fans in and it makes season ticket holders disgruntled and rightly so.

It's probably more a case of if we sell 3,000 at a reduced rate it will guarantee extra revenue compared to not doing it. If the club just dropped all walk up prices then they may not make up the shortfall generated by regular attendees paying less.

That's very true. What they have done is reduce allocations for away fans mainly Manchester United for persistent standing and the new favourite standing in gangways.

Yes, same with Liverpool. It's stupid because of the 20 teams in the Prem, a good 12 of them, have 100% of fans stood up at every away, yet they don't get the allocation cuts. Probably because teams know they can sell those extra tickets to home fans, whereas if it was a Sunderland or Villa, the seats wouldn't be taken up.

I would be very suprised to see any wholesalers gets free ST's anymore, with these stupid laws that have now come in, you cant even give a diary away now without having to declare it.

Also if they are supplying Derby with goods, then its a bit naive to say these are free, bit like the mobile deal, you get a free ST, however you do have to pay over the odds for your bill.

Erm, Derby pay the wholesaler for the wholesalers goods. Are you saying that the wholesaler will charge more because they have received a ST? Not sure I follow you?

The wholesaler may look kindly on giving discounts to Derby perhaps.

It's probably more a case of if we sell 3,000 at a reduced rate it will guarantee extra revenue compared to not doing it. If the club just dropped all walk up prices then they may not make up the shortfall generated by regular attendees paying less.

If you were one of the few who regularly pay the £28 plus then surely you will be first in the queue to get these reduced rate ones. Pretty much everybody knows about this now, I was aware they were planning this for the Hull game and again before Xmas. If anybody got their ticket this way for the Southampton game were there any checks to ensure you are not an away fan, security must be an issue if not.

If you were one of the few who regularly pay the £28 plus then surely you will be first in the queue to get these reduced rate ones. Pretty much everybody knows about this now, I was aware they were planning this for the Hull game and again before Xmas. If anybody got their ticket this way for the Southampton game were there any checks to ensure you are not an away fan, security must be an issue if not.

So what if they were, I don't remember reading about any issues with crowd trouble. Their lot played a vital part in the game being a sell out.

I dont agree with these offers,apart from the ground being full of people who dont support Derby (but like a deal) ,tickets shouldnt be cheaper than what season ticket holders have paid.For the southampton game there was 2 for £20. My ticket was more than £10 even though I paid for it before the season started.

The only time season ticket holders are valued by the club is when its time to renew.

Archived