Midtable mediocrity

sideshowbob

you saying that if we get up, say by the playoffs, Clough has done a great job, but if we were to be relegated, it would be nothing to do with him, is that correct ?

If we got relegated I think Clough would have to take the blame as there are a few clubs in the Championship with an even lower budget than ours!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won't get loans. Glick says we're not at that stage yet.

You know Tom Glick? That's the fella that contradicts our manager and thinks playing midfielders up front and in defence is fine. Even if 2 of our team are teenagers forced to play every minute. We already brought in 1 extra player........ It's half term.

You know Tom Glick? That's the fella that contradicts our manager and thinks playing midfielders up front and in defence is fine. Even if 2 of our team are teenagers forced to play every minute. We already brought in 1 extra player........ It's half term.

It's pretty clear where the incompetence lies when you put it like that!

We've not won since Millwall. And we could have if everyone was doing everything they possibly can for Clough.

6th is fantastic!! But let's not accept a slide down to where we "expected" to be. Why not build on it? It's not moaning to ask for improvement on top of improvement. What we've done so far is now being undermined because we're down to barebones. It wouldn't be to unreasonable to ask for a little more.

We are only 2 points better off than thus time last season. At this points last season we were 2 games into our purple patch I think.

If we dont take reasonable points in our next 6 games we will be worse off by the end of next month than we were last season. With December to come which is notoriously atrocious for us. We need 6 points from Pompey and Cardiff.

We have a first-team squad of 31 (excluding players out on loan) and 11 of the 31 are currently injured or unavailable. 2 more, Shackell and Anderson, are not fully fit and most likely will be playing through pain in the coming weeks.

Of those 13, Shackell, Barker, Brayford, Steve Davies, Bailey and Tyson would all be considered first choice.

If we're not at the stage where the board can sanction a few loan additions, just what does it take? Does Jamie Ward have to be playing at centre half? Do we have to be unable to field a complete matchday 16?

I'd say Clough has a task on his hands with all of the squad available and fit to play, but with almost half of the squad injured and the situation not looking like easing up any time soon, I'll be very surprised if it isn't a long winter for us.

Here we go again!! Doom n gloom wrist slashers!!!

At the start of the season many( if not all) of us would of been happy with being 6th in the league 3 points off 2nd! Fair enough 2 points off 15th but 6th non the less!!

Instead of moaning and groaning saying we are not a top 6 side ( which lets be honest we all knew) lets enjoy this little bubble we are in and think positive!

It could be worse!! We could be forest!!

We are only 2 points better off than thus time last season. At this points last season we were 2 games into our purple patch I think.

If we dont take reasonable points in our next 6 games we will be worse off by the end of next month than we were last season. With December to come which is notoriously atrocious for us. We need 6 points from Pompey and Cardiff.

Some interesting observations there. Realistically we just need to start picking points up again, I think we are about 19th in the form table of late? The performances aren't too much of a concern though, seemed unlucky at 'Boro but we've got to pick up, we're riding on our blistering start at the moment.

We need 8 points by the end of November, i.e. from our next 6 games, to be level with where we were from the same number of games last year, by my calculations. But surely we couldn't have another dip like last year could we?

If we dont take reasonable points in our next 6 games we will be worse off by the end of next month than we were last season.

Or to look at it another way, last season we still had that massive losing-run still to come, so unless we do that again we should be far better off.

Or maybe I'm a hopeless optimist.

The first thing we need to do is get some luck. WIth injuries and results. You're not telling me we didn't do enough to beat Boro and Barnsely comfortably, and I also think we'd be playing a lot better with 11 fit players on the pitch playing in their best positions.

Some loan players would be nice, but it'd be brilliant to see us manage with our own team for once. It shows that, for once, we have depth in our side. And injury list longer than Mason Bennett's Christmas list, and yet we're still just about ticking over.

Archived