Next England Manager

Day

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Germany Coach Joachim Low went from FK Austria Wien to German assistant before taking over the main job from Jurgen Klinsmann (another unproven manager)..

I don't get this theory that we need to go out and get someone with a track record (Sven, McLaren, Capello)

We need to go back to basics, look for a manager whose intent on positive attacking football (defense has never been our problem so what's with the defensive managers?) and really go for youth.

There could easily be someone out there in League 1 who could do a far batter job than the usual names like Big Sam, Arry and Martin O'Niel. I actually think someone like Keith Hill (Barnsley) or Nigel Adkins (Southampton) could do a decent job.. Similar to Joachim Low. Down to earth, easy going, positive attack minded managers who are good working with younger players and building a togetherness..

The big names are the ones that let you down.. Think back to the successful sides recently.. Has anyone really heard of The German, Dutch, Greek and Czech managers during their excellent campains.. Nope, didn't think so.

Oh and lets get shot of all our washed up oldies like Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole etc..

Let's build a team around those that can keep the ball.. Rooney, Young, Wilshire, Sturridge, Jones, Smalling, Hart, A.Johnson etc.. are our future.. So feckin play them

Some people seem to think that the greatest managers around were born with experience. In other words they're scared at taking a risk. Only explanation surely?

Marcelo Lippi.

Free Agent. Won the WC with Italy. Don't care if he's foreign he knows how to win and has done it all his career. Speaks English. I don't believe in just having an English manager because they're English, it should be the best person for the job.

Marcelo Lippi.

Free Agent. Won the WC with Italy. Don't care if he's foreign he knows how to win and has done it all his career. Speaks English. I don't believe in just having an English manager because they're English, it should be the best person for the job.

Another Italian who plays negative footaball? no thanks 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Another Italian who gets the best out of what he's got and was absolutely immense for Juventus & Italy. Using him as an example really, the FA should get a world class manager who's going to WIN.

Only difference between him and Capello is that Lippi's won a world cup. Both were very successful at club level. Ok Lippi won the world cup but his style of football doesn't suit the England team .

I don't think it matters who you bring in, we won't win any European or world titles for another 10-15 years as we simply haven't got the talent coming through bar Jack Wilsher. Kids are still being forced to play 11-a-side on full size pitches from the age of 8-9, it doesn't teach them a thing other than to boot it up to the strikers as quickly as possible. The academy's are all still looking for the Carlton Coles of the world, 6'1, power, pace but hardly any real skill because that's what the English game is all about. Until we change the whole structure from grassroots upwards it'll be the Quarter Final misery over & over & over...

'Arry all day for me. I know that he "doesn't have to be English" but he bloody well should be! If you aren't eligible to play for a nation, you shouldn't be able to manage it either in my book. If he got the job it would immediately negate the problem of communication, style etc- he knows most if not all of the players and he managed many of them before. It's a no brainer

I don't like 'Arry but he is the only English manager who could realistically do it.

What a sad state to be in.

Yep...totally sad, if a used car salesman with zero loyalty is the best we can come up with!!!

If we arent going to go for jose or wenger, then wait until after the euros and see who is available then.

Or just give it Arry because he is the best English manager out there at the moment. I am sick of seeing the 3 lions blazed across the chest of some effing foreigner whilst he's floundering to answer a question in the native tongue of the team he is managing. Bloody embarrassing- it's not like we are ecuador or papua new guinea for f's sake!

Or just give it Arry because he is the best English manager out there at the moment. I am sick of seeing the 3 lions blazed across the chest of some effing foreigner whilst he's floundering to answer a question in the native tongue of the team he is managing. Bloody embarrassing- it's not like we are ecuador or papua new guinea for f's sake!

OR.....how about this RADICAL idea....we give it the BEST manager...I know CRAZY isn't it...

Why does it mater where they are from? Do you think Brazil cared when big Phil won it..?

xenophobia gone mad.

Bit dissapointed that England are so short on World class players and managers.

From the home of football and it being so important in this country, you look at the way England fans fill stadiums at tournaments, the attendances in this country...... we really should be producing more than we are surely??

We should be looking at a hatful of names for the managers job. We're looking at former relegation wheeler dealer Harry Redknapp who's now the best we have and "long ball" Bolton Wanderers hero and now second tier manager Allardyce.

It'd be nice if we could stick with English...... but by the time Capello walks, we wont have anyone who's got a CV half as impressive as realistic targets like Mourinho and Wenger.

Wenger gets a lot of stick for finishing top 6 (TOP SIX) in the country and having decent Champions League campaigns. He's not done bad for a moaning git.

Archived