Clough new contract

ianm

Your missing the point, braford is a good player yes but Clough before this season had spent around 1.5-2 million on the defence, it was still letting lots of goals in from mistakes and poor defending. That amount of money is quite a lot for a championship side, Leicester have since blown all that out of the water but before that it you wouldnt have found many teams spending that amount on the back 4 and still being so poor.

Spent 1.5 million, but how many defenders went the other way? That wasn't 1.5 million spent on building a defence, that was just the start of it.

1.5million on three players who haven't played together once in Brayford, Barker and Shackell. Two of them have earned us 4 clean sheets in 9 games.

Even since we had Brayford and Barker, we had a Barker who wasn't training and couldn't use his left thigh or left foot and they often played with a centre back that was already here when Clough joined who he didn't really want. The left-backs are fair enough, Roberts under-performed and maybe we should have sold Moxey in the summer.

If Clough's £1.5m defence plays together regularly and fails to keep clean sheets, then we can complain.

The area I would criticise Clough is failing to recognise that we needed a new keeper sooner. He was clearly not pulling in the same direction and a team won't work if that's the case.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see you Alex. I remember now, why I hadn't missed you at all.

I have been quite fair, and merely echoed what others have in nicer terms.

Am I to presume you dislike many others on this thread then? No matter, I don't ask people to like me. I do however take offence when someone such as this goes around insulting people and throwing wild theories about as truths.

Mainly because there are people out there who believe everything they read, and if he's not challenged and proved wrong he won't stop. He has been, and i'm happy to bugger off.

Your missing the point, braford is a good player yes but Clough before this season had spent around 1.5-2 million on the defence, it was still letting lots of goals in from mistakes and poor defending. That amount of money is quite a lot for a championship side, Leicester have since blown all that out of the water but before that it you wouldnt have found many teams spending that amount on the back 4 and still being so poor.

I'm starting to feel like I'm picking on you but I don't want to come across that way! 2 million (if it was that much) isn't a great deal to buy 4 players in the champ mate- especially when one of them was mil on his own. As I said Barks was worth it, Brayford more than worth it and Moxey sold without a loss so he was obviously worth it too. Roberts is looking better now, Anderson more than capable and Buxton even capable of doing a job- if he ever gets fit again. Shackell (I know- another 900k) looks immense! With O'brien (if only he could play LB) coming in to fill the gap and maybe even Addison coming bacl one day we suddenly look to have a raft of good defenders, easily one of the best in the champ. With Frankie behind them we could have something very special. I suppose it depends if 2 mil is a lot of money- I don't think it is, you do. That's fair enough, I'm just happy we have the players we have to call on- JUST GET THEM FIT!

Well how come after the Telegraph's gentle pressure and then the National stories, which will have come from agents that's where these stories come from we suddenly have contract talks. In the interview with the clueless Bloomfield Nigel stated talks had just opened. Again this is no coincidence.

All your posts lose all credibility when you said you think Glick is a god bloke. On what basis did you jump to that conclusion.

I never said he was God!!.

Only that I've met him a few times and actually think he's doing his best to run the club in an efficient manner.

Im still not convinced with Clough,as ive said before.Bizarre team selections,substitutions (or lack of),signing crocks etc. I really want him to do well here but I just cant see it happening with the set up ,ie him and his mates.

You don't need to imagine it, try going to Pride Park, we're 3rd, nobody tell you that?

I never said he was God!!.

Only that I've met him a few times and actually think he's doing his best to run the club in an efficient manner.

Typical of you to pick up on the typing mistake, you really are a clever boy. Are you a schoolteacher? You come over as having that sort of attitude.

On the last bit it seems that you have met him is clouding your judgement. I think his record is pretty poor especially on the financial side. I'll give you a bit of advance warning, expect the next published financial figures to make pretty gruesome reading with some substantial losses. You heard it here first.

When you eventually see those come on and tell me he is doing an efficient job. The only way you can say he is doing an efficient job is by listening to his own rhetoric because no accounts published so far have demonstrated that.

Remember he was a major (not the only) contributor in us pissing all the PL money up the wall and more, leaving us skint and relying on money from across the Atlantic to keep the wolf from the door.

Typical of you to pick up on the typing mistake, you really are a clever boy. Are you a schoolteacher? You come over as having that sort of attitude.

On the last bit it seems that you have met him is clouding your judgement. I think his record is pretty poor especially on the financial side. I'll give you a bit of advance warning, expect the next published financial figures to make pretty gruesome reading with some substantial losses. You heard it here first.

When you eventually see those come on and tell me he is doing an efficient job. The only way you can say he is doing an efficient job is by listening to his own rhetoric because no accounts published so far have demonstrated that.

Remember he was a major (not the only) contributor in us pissing all the PL money up the wall and more, leaving us skint and relying on money from across the Atlantic to keep the wolf from the door.

He was trying to lighten the mood, don't take everything to heart mate.

Archived