New Pride Plaza Plans Submitted

ram2767

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cocktail before the game anyone? plaza? reckon these fair play rules are going to be some sort of excuse for empire building...people would buy more food and beer and stuff at the footy if wasnt overpriced crap......gentrified football?....as if thats what we need...crickey....this appears to be a bad idea to me......lots of shiney glass.....f*cking bistro?

Why on Earth does the club think this development will bring students to the area? Why is a student living on the other side of town going to think - I know a convenience store and a restaurant on Pride Park - lets get two busses there!

However - targeting the local businesses based on and around Pride Park will be a success, people will call in on the restaurants as long as there is parking.

I'm concerned on the following:

£7 Million looks a lot for what they are building...which is two buildings in essence?

The long term plan of an arena I am more than convinced is because in many American cities there are huge area's where the baseball, NFL and indoor arenas are based (I've been to them!) and the Americans feel this is how they want to progress. Have the Americans done the market research to see if an indoor arena is warranted? We don't have any Ice Hockey, Basketball, Netball teams to run in it - could we attract acts to play there over Nottinghams Ice Arena? Debatable.

The area does need something to make it better - and I don't know what it is but I'm not convinced over this at this point in time.

Has the club come out to say how they are raising the £7 Million?

Leeds ram said it would depend on when you asked as to how much of the revenue was being reinvested into the club. With the answer being different if you asked now or at ST renewal time.

I was just pointing out they have been asked already, and said the revenue would be reinvested. If they were asked at ST renewal time how would they make it sound better,

Leeds ram said it would depend on when you asked as to how much of the revenue was being reinvested into the club. With the answer being different if you asked now or at ST renewal time.

I was just pointing out they have been asked already, and said the revenue would be reinvested. If they were asked at ST renewal time how would they make it sound better,

I was taking the pee.

However seems as you listened to glick, may I ask you if 100% of the profit gets reinvested, also if it does, do the owners take a dividend payment from this ? Who is/has paid for the plans and legal fees to date and finally, if the plaza makes a loss, who will pick this up? and if they are taking a 7m loan, what is this secured against ?

What's there going to be there? A mini market (basically a corner shop), 2 restaurants and 2 pubs is it?

Who's going to go to Pride Park to get their newspaper and cigarettes in the morning when nobody lives within 2 miles of the ground? Who's going to decide to go out for a meal at a restaurant in the middle of nowhere? And apart from matchday's who is going to go their for a drink when, again, it's not near anything and you can guarantee they'll be those horrendous, plastic fun pubs with kids play areas in them?

Yet again our wonderful out of town stadium comes into it's own.

Why on Earth does the club think this development will bring students to the area? Why is a student living on the other side of town going to think - I know a convenience store and a restaurant on Pride Park - lets get two busses there!

However - targeting the local businesses based on and around Pride Park will be a success, people will call in on the restaurants as long as there is parking.

£7 Million looks a lot for what they are building...which is two buildings in essence?

The long term plan of an arena I am more than convinced is because in many American cities there are huge area's where the baseball, NFL and indoor arenas are based (I've been to them!) and the Americans feel this is how they want to progress. Have the Americans done the market research to see if an indoor arena is warranted? We don't have any Ice Hockey, Basketball, Netball teams to run in it - could we attract acts to play there over Nottinghams Ice Arena? Debatable.

The area does need something to make it better - and I don't know what it is but I'm not convinced over this at this point in time.

Has the club come out to say how they are raising the £7 Million?

You raise some good points there rammieib.

If they do build an arena - would it be big enough (the proposed area doesn't seem that huge) to even compete with Nottinghams - and as you say, is it really needed?

The down side is this runs the risk of becoming a white elephant for the club doesn't it? If they don't get the revenue, no money will be ploughed back in and that's bad news for the whole club.

Isn't it also true that the plans include quite a lot of office space? I hope business' in Derby seriously take this on board and "move in" as it were, otherwise it's just going to stand empty like the Egg building across the road. Why would they relocate to PP when there's so many others empty and have been for a while now? Not sure about this one.

Here's my proposal. Level the proposed land, plonk loads of tables and chairs on it, build a proper boozer (not some bistro with a trendy fookin roof garden), and a giant screen showing Derby's best matches. Folk have somewhere to sit, something to watch and reminiss about, and a pint. And all before KO. Sorted. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Here's my proposal. Level the proposed land, plonk loads of tables and chairs on it, build a proper boozer (not some bistro with a trendy fookin roof garden), and a giant screen showing Derby's best matches. Folk have somewhere to sit, something to watch and reminiss about, and a pint. And all before KO. Sorted. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Love it, best idea I've heard!

The arena plan is a council initiative, it's the council who own the land where the park and ride car park is. The arena is planned as a multi-sports arena based around a velodrome, something that the East Midlands area hasn't got at the moment, so it's not in direct competition with Nottingham, although obviously it could house a basketball team in the future, though this has been tried in Derby before with minimal success.

A larger arena would be good for bands, something in the middle between the Assembly Rooms and the Nottingham Arena would be good for the area.

"Has the club come out to say how they are raising the £7 Million?"

They could have a look in Brett Wilson's pockets for some loose change.

I think it will only be a good idea if folk buy into it. If not, that's £7 mill down the pan. The powers that be are the business men though, not me. I hope that it's a decision they won't end up regretting because the coffers will suffer as a result, which will have a knock on effect regarding money available for the team.

Archived