New Pride Plaza Plans Submitted

ram2767

Looks a great idea, We already have one of the best Stadiums, Training facilities, Fan Base in the league, Host numerous events Monster Trucks, Charity Matches and Qualifiers so why not boast this it would be amazing for the City of Derby and Derby County. The Clough / Taylor statue makes your hairs on you arn stand up so imagine this.....PRIDE. Lets have it and a few extra QUALITY players which cost a few quid but can repay us with goals and points.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm, the stadium is already in a retail/industrial park.

As are a lot of other modern English stadiums unfortunately.

But just because the stadium is in a retail park doesn't mean it has to become a retail outfit of its own (apart from the club shop).

I'm sure football fans will love more bars nearer the ground, more choice for food before the game. Somewhere to go get ciggies and chocolate and stuff. I can't see how this is a bad idea. It will be a constant, long term revenue earner and with the new fairplay finance rules, will help us to justify putting money into the club and have a bigger wage expenditure and player signings!!! We can only be on the up with this around the stadium.

It will also make our stadium look different to every other flat pack stadium that was built around the same time.

Agreed Jess can only make us look a shining example in the football world eh, More revenue required and naybe this is the way after all it's all for our benefit. The world of football is changing and at least we are up there doing it NOT just taliking about it at some point. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Yeah I think it is a positive step in a time when football is starting the countdown to self imploding and steps like this can only help our club, if, and this a BIG if, it is done right and has the right financial planning behind it

We all spend a small fortune their on season tickets, food, drink and merchandise so repaying the fans with this is great news, mind you we'll end up spending more their i'm sure but that's the fun of the fair eh. A wew more quality players in NOT loaners and we'll be pushing i reckon this season seen all the games and am happy so far, those few more quality players at Leicester and i reckon it' would have been a draw, Leicester are nobody's just having the moment of glory it will go wrong again for them you see.

Erm, the stadium is already in a retail/industrial park.

I know mate, i'm just thinking in general how football is all flashy lights, disco music, Ikea decoration, bells and whistles.

Every new ground is flashier. The pub is replaced by starbucks etc. You'll go to Pride Park now and have nachos and a cappuccino before the game.

Some people will love it. Far more family friendly.

I'm more old skool! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I'm not a big fan of the direction football has gone in.

Franchise

Family Entertainment

Matchday Experience

I no likey. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

They need to make it look less modern, change the name to Cambridge Street, build proper floodlight pylons, call the pubs the Grange, The Vulcan Arms, The Baseball Hotel, build some terraced housing, and board the windows up every time there's a game on...

Can't say I really like it to be honest.

They need to make it look less modern, change the name to Cambridge Street, build proper floodlight pylons, call the pubs the Grange, The Vulcan Arms, The Baseball Hotel, build some terraced housing, and board the windows up every time there's a game on...

Can't say I really like it to be honest.

See? That's football!!

Mirrored glass and neon lighting my arse.

Stick yer croissant,

Stick yer croissant,

Stick yer croissant up your arse!!

[size=2]Unless it's going to get us Billy Sharp. [/size]

I know mate, i'm just thinking in general how football is all flashy lights, disco music, Ikea decoration, bells and whistles.

Every new ground is flashier. The pub is replaced by starbucks etc. You'll go to Pride Park now and have nachos and a cappuccino before the game.

Some people will love it. Far more family friendly.

I'm more old skool! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I'm not a big fan of the direction football has gone in.

Franchise

Family Entertainment

Matchday Experience

I no likey. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

i agree mate,wish we were still in the 70's and 80's.

i'm forever telling folk that Sky didn't invent football,it was there a long time before they rolled up and it'll be there a long time after they've done one.

i hate modern football terminology,matchday experience? feck off

Yeah I though that as well, would bit a little cramped.

Not just cramped! But who would want a mini market in front of the main entrance? It would look and be a mess. Think of all the things that go with it? Deliveries and so on, not to mention unsightly bins. It would look a proper pigs arse.

On a different note - and this is no slur on the intended market of students (and dav is one of said students) - what will the place look like on saturday and sunday mornings after boozy sessions? I hope it's not going to look like town centres - pizza boxes, empty cans, piles of puke, graffiti and the like because if there's going to be 2 convenience stores, it'll happen. Some students are a bit scruffy and don't care if they use car parks as toilets either.

Am not trying to find fault and I'm not convinced that it will do PP any favours but if they do it, then these things need looking at. The club is raising revenue from it and fair enough - I would have just been happy to see a DCFC museum there with a nice pub next door, or isn't that ambitious enough?

Archived