Woeful - clough has been found out!

sideshowbob

I genuinely don't think we could have put any side out available to us that would have not lost today. Leicester and their expensive players were absolutely on it and, like it or not, our players just weren't good enough to compete. We could have flooded the midfield instead of having two up front but their quick one touch passing would have found a way through eventually and we would have been even more lacklustre up front.

Reading and Bristol City have done them at their ground this season.. They're not Barcelona, they're Leicester City..

Whilst I understand their spend in the past 2 seasons compared to ours is ridiculous (they've probably spent $20mill more than us on transfer fees and wages) but no team at this level is unbeatable..

It sounds like we just weren't tight enough in midfield, and because of the numbers our 2CMs vs their 3CMs we lacked the options to retain possession and hoofed it. Was that the case?

I'd hate for us to have the mentality that we write games off before we've even kicked a ball.. Or that we think anything away at the likes of Leicester, West Ham or Cardiff would be a bonus.. We should have the belief that we can beat anyone.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes u lose games and play poorly. every side has those days.

2-0 wouldn't have been the end of the world but the last two goals reminded me of last season.

What I cant understand is why we didn't line up in the formation we had away at Blackpool ?! In many ways similar opposition playing at home. Ok, Bailey isn't available for one of the 2 defensive mid positions but we could have played Anderson in there with Hends: that would allowed us to get Bryson or Hends forward more in support of the lone striker. having said that S. Davies worked his socks off at 'pool but didn't quite do that today.

Put Theo on the bench for last 15 mins heroics and put Tommy in for Doyle (what were we thinking ?!).

Not saying that would have won us the game but I feel we would have had a good chance at holding them for the first half and after that you try your luck.... a la Blackpool game.

442 at home with theo and Davies may work against most teams but not the best ones and certainly not away from PP in my view.

I really hope the original poster isnt a genuine Derby fan.

It wouldn't suprise me, mind.

I am a Derby fan and have been since the late sixties.

I have seen the good times and the bad times.

Currently we are rubbish.

14th is my prediction and I will be here at the end of the season to say I told you so!

Clough is out of his depth.

Some teams are spending money, this is the only way we will ever get out of this league.

Get a decent manager - Alan Curbishley.

So because he 18 we can't criticise him? I thought he was very poor today and cost us the first goal. I don't care how old he is, ita his job to defend and today I didn't think he did it very well. I thought he got showed up a bit. If I can say how well he plays when he has a good game I can say when I think he was poor

Sorry emjlc02 you are way of the mark having a go at O'Brien. If my memory serves me his football experiences over the last 2 seasons have kinda been hampered very badly what with open heart surgery and knee op. This lad was in no way shape or form supposed to be where he is now, in front of him should be Shackell, Barker, Anderson, Buxton, Riggott, Leacock in that position 5 of these players are out injured or recovering from an injury. So for a lad of his age with the amount of disruption in his developing years his efforts are amazing for anyone who can actually look at the big picture instead of trying to blame a young one.

Look at our attack today in Robinson and Davies against 2 very good experience centre halves who cost Leciester a fair bit of money. Both of our players have no real experience at this level never mind higher. Then you look at Vassell and Nugent for them both played in prem league both ex-internationals and have a wealth of experience. Shackell is a fantastic centre half but must have one eye on O'Brien who is having to learn very quick.

If you are going to judge an 18 yr old in these circumstances as being the one to blame for the first goal very harsh.

How about Steve Davies and Theo who we needed to hold a ball up to allow the midifeld to join them and take the pressure of the defence, they did not do their job which means that the defence never had a break.

I am a Derby fan and have been since the late sixties.

I have seen the good times and the bad times.

Currently we are rubbish.

14th is my prediction and I will be here at the end of the season to say I told you so!

Clough is out of his depth.

Some teams are spending money, this is the only way we will ever get out of this league.

Get a decent manager - Alan Curbishley.

I'm sorry but you aren't a Derby fan, I think that's pretty clear to see. We aren't rubbish, and Clough isn't out of his depth. Head down the A52 if you want to find a rubbish team.

I'm sorry but you aren't a Derby fan, I think that's pretty clear to see. We aren't rubbish, and Clough isn't out of his depth. Head down the A52 if you want to find a rubbish team.

Lets see at the end of the season then. We have no ambition, unlike teams like leicester. Without investment we are going nowhere.

Clough is out of his depth, full stop.

Get a decent manager and provide investment or we will be going nowhere.

Remember my name as I will be back at the end of the season to say I told you so.

Lets see at the end of the season then. We have no ambition, unlike teams like leicester. Without investment we are going nowhere.

Remember my name as I will be back at the end of the season to say I told you so.

Whatever your intentions, instead of just making accusations why don't you actually explain some of them. Why is Nigel out of his depth? Third in the table suggests otherwise.

Teams like Leicester that decide to spend millions might get short term success, not that they've anything yet, but the bubble will burst eventually. Our approach is a much more long term one.

O'Brien needs to be dropped going forward. Too many goals are notbeing directly caused by his mistakes but things he should be doing substantially better on. Anderson would have offered more experience there - but this is where I feel Clough gets blinded by loyalty. He gets beaten in the air far too much, his positioning is poor and his distribution with ball is woeful.

Robinson - jesus - I really hope Clough doesn't seem him medium term as a starter. He is awful. Having watched the highlights jsut now (I was at the game) I think the one opportunity we had in the first half, he was scared to go in where it could hurt to score the goal.

With a decent striker, a centre back (We so need Barkers knowledge in there) and a left back we could challenge for top six but Clough needs to get things better tactically.

Finally - Doyle on the bench instead of Cykwa or Maguire - why????

I've been around that long too but at least I can see the wood for the trees. We have a decent manager, one of the most decent blokes you could ever ask for to be manager of your team. He's working with limited to zero investment and got us in 3rd place after 10 games after having to change pretty much the whole team and culture around. Sure we struggled today but that will happen when you are playing a team filled with Prem size signings paying Prem size wages.

The truth is that we are a better side in the 1st 2 thirds of the pitch than when NC took over, and injuries aside we have some depth too in those positions, the problem is 'up front'.........

Theo has shown that he covers lots of ground and 'defends from the front' which i'm sure NC likes, but he has no touch with the half dozen chances he got today he made no use of the ball, and chickened out of a 50/50 cross from B Davies at the end of the 1st half.

As for S Davies, he can score yes, has better feet than Theo (not hard), but unlike Theo gives nothing else.

None of this is news, we have said for months that we were light up front,and hoped NC would sign one of those we were linked with, of take someone not in the prem teams 25, on loan, but to my dismay, and im sure all Derby fans, it looks like not being able to move out the players he wanted to,he cant bring anyone in 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Now i am not NC's bigest fan, but in fairness, the lad is doing his best, given his options, and we have discussed them all b4.

But if the board do see fit to allow him to sign one other player, it MUST be a striker. A propper one...

I've been around that long too but at least I can see the wood for the trees. We have a decent manager, one of the most decent blokes you could ever ask for to be manager of your team. He's working with limited to zero investment and got us in 3rd place after 10 games after having to change pretty much the whole team and culture around. Sure we struggled today but that will happen when you are playing a team filled with Prem size signings paying Prem size wages.

So why dont we invest then?

If we dont we will never get promoted.

3rd after 10 games, yeah we have played all the big teams havent we?

Below mid table at the end, but you will be happy with that wont you.

Decent manager? - Give me some proof then. 10 years at Non league Burton?

Each year here we have just avoided relegation.

Feckin quality that is.

But as leicester go up and we dont, investment will be a thing of the past.

So why dont we invest then?

If we dont we will never get promoted.

3rd after 10 games, yeah we have played all the big teams havent we?

Below mid table at the end, but you will be happy with that wont you.

Decent manager? - Give me some proof then. 10 years at Non league Burton?

Each year here we have just avoided relegation.

Feckin quality that is.

But as leicester go up and we dont, investment will be a thing of the past.

I presume it's quite difficult to get banned on here?

You're getting sacked in the morninggggggg

Today's match was quite predictable really bar the lopsided scoreline.

I just hope that Clough learns from today. The lack of options within the squad was very apparent. I like that the squad is settled and all. It's good that it's a tight-knit group but we are in danger of becoming predictable if he doesn't address certain things.

Bryson and Hendrick have done well as a midfield two in the absence of Bailey. But all three are very lightweight. We need someone in there that offers something different so that when we're up against sides with pace and power which play with a high tempo like today and notably Coventry, we may be able to cope better. The defence were being pulled out of position as a result of us being unable to hold our own in midfield.

We need to stop pretending Steve Davies is a target man. He just hasn't got the awareness or physical presence to cope with aimless long balls being pinged towards him incessantly which Fielding and O'Brien are guilty of. He just surrenders possession and the opposition can build again. How about we actually sign someone who can play that role or better yet cut out the route one stuff all together?

Left back is still a problem position but it has been since Chris Powell left. So nothing new there.

I think we have a squad that can punch its weight in the division, finish in and around midtable, but I think if we want to exceed expectations, we just need to add 2-3 players to the squad to give us that extra edge.

I presume it's quite difficult to get banned on here?

You're getting sacked in the morninggggggg

Banned?

Pity we cant ban clough.

So if we say what we think, we get banned.

So the purpose of a forum is what then?

Tow the party line. We love clough and the americans and falling attendances and poor performances.

The club is becoming a joke.

See what they think of us on other forums.

Banned?

Pity we cant ban clough.

So if we say what we think, we get banned.

So the purpose of a forum is what then?

Tow the party line. We love clough and the americans and falling attendances and poor performances.

The club is becoming a joke.

See what they think of us on other forums.

You are on the wind up, it's pretty clear to everyone. I'd expect you to get banned, but who knows. We played poorly today but the majority of matches this season have been good performances and wins. That's more than your team (Forest or Fester) can say.

I'll leave going on the other forums to you.

You are on the wind up, it's pretty clear to everyone. I'd expect you to get banned, but who knows. We played poorly today but the majority of matches this season have been good performances and wins. That's more than your team (Forest or Fester) can say.

I'll leave going on the other forums to you.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that I actually support Derby.

I am just realistic, have supported them for so long that it hurts.

Clough for me is just as bad as Tommy Docherty was.

Google it if you dont know who he was.

Archived